You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

Georgiaaaaaaaa!

11 comments in this topic

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
5,681 posts
17,483 battles

Seriously, I suck with this ship.  Just got it a few days ago.  Sixteen games.  37% win rate.  Oh well.  I was kinda pissed in general with other games tonight, and kinda took an aggressive tact when I decided to go Georgia.  My friendlies pushed up with me.  Worked out very nicely. 

• Cool 2

Members
1,578 posts
33,960 battles

Wow. Congratulations. Excellent shots too. The string of citadels with the ships you started early on pretty much set the tone. They were on their heels(pun intended) at that point.

Also, your team was exemplary in coverage from protecting your flank and six o'clock to use of radar to clear a zone.

That is amazing team work.

[PVE]
Members
5,202 posts
22,432 battles
1 hour ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Seriously, I suck with this ship.  Just got it a few days ago.  Sixteen games.  37% win rate.  Oh well.  I was kinda pissed in general with other games tonight, and kinda took an aggressive tact when I decided to go Georgia.  My friendlies pushed up with me.  Worked out very nicely. 

I sure do like me a nice Georgia peach w/some nice cits up front.

Those were some beauties for sure 😍

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,450 posts
18,547 battles

It gets to be a lot more fun as you learn the ship; love mine and it's really fun and enjoyable to play. Good luck with yours.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,664 posts

If I could offer one little suggestion? Okay! 

When you want to look around your ship, click and hold the RMB. Doing this puts you in free mode, so your guns aren't pivoting where you are looking. 

Downside? If you spot an unexpected target your guns will be lagging in pointing at the target. Upside? You can bettery surveil the areas you want to look at while keeping guns generally on target. 

Otherwise great game. Congrats on your Georgia. I got one  within the past week myself. Great ship - especially when things all fall into place. 

[DW-62]
Beta Testers
86 posts
964 battles

I've been sucking on the Georgia of late as well. I used to love to play this ship, and had 60%+ win rate even if the games weren't all monster ones until recently. Something has happened to me or to WOWS since T7 ranked season started. I used to be able to pen CAs and BBs alike with 10-20k damage per good salvo. Now every other shell hit I make is an overpen or ricochet. Against bow-in JBs I used to be able to do super structure damage or even an occasional pen, but now ricochets or somehow overpens all day. Against broadside targets, I'm still average 3-4 citadels per game, but that's about it, any other hits are either overpens or just RNG'ed out of existence. Maybe it's desync? Maybe I just got bad playing too much T7? idk, in any case, I've yet to win a game in the Georgia since ranked season started...which is sad.    

[SIDE]
Members
4,130 posts

I seem to have the most fun in some of the ships I am worst in. Georgia is one of them. Yue Yang was another. At some point you just gotta play for fun and ignore the stats.

Members
606 posts
72 battles
8 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Give it another try......

https://youtu.be/qepYPI3gDSQ

https://youtu.be/sOBJy3UTV_4

https://youtu.be/Jz3wAc0JhFU

[FERAL]
Members
86 posts
5,006 battles
10 minutes ago, thebigblue said:

I seem to have the most fun in some of the ships I am worst in. Georgia is one of them. Yue Yang was another. At some point you just gotta play for fun and ignore the stats.

I'm planning to get the Georgia before the coupon runs out this month, but T9 and T7 are my worst tiers for WR. I agree, I am having to come to terms with this and just enjoy playing my JB. Hopefully, my Georgia WR will be better.

[-OG-]
Members
278 posts
7,242 battles

The first few times I took out Georgia it was treating me like garbage. Broadside Minotaur less than 8km away, I shot and watched as the dispersion said "NO" as my shells landed on either side of Minotaur with one overpen actually hitting the ship. Last few times around the Georgia has been performing well though.

[FML]
Members
3,738 posts
14,861 battles
15 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Wow, huge battle - well done. 

I’ve also recently bought the Georgia a few days ago, and whilst I have been having a better average battle than you, I haven’t achieved anything like that 200k one! 

Great push! And nice dodging all those torps!!! ;-)

What build did you opt for? I decided to give that consumable module a go instead of concealment expert. Seems to be going OK so far (5 minutes per charge on the speed boost!!!)

Edited by UltimateNewbie