Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Capt_Nautilus

Why isn't there an easy-to-use replay system???

15 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

55
[-CNS-]
Members
187 posts
446 battles

Why isn't there an easy-to-use replay system like in World of Tanks??? Is there a valid reason or just another example of Wargaming being lazy?

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,004
[SYN]
Members
15,968 posts
12,803 battles

Because it doesn't make money for WG.

  • Cool 3
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,004
[SYN]
Members
15,968 posts
12,803 battles

But clearly, WoT has 2.0, so WoWs had to have subs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
339
[GT99]
Members
802 posts
13,092 battles
56 minutes ago, Capt_Nautilus said:

Why isn't there an easy-to-use replay system like in World of Tanks??? Is there a valid reason or just another example of Wargaming being lazy?

Because the more comfortable the game is the less money you will spend.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,905
[RLGN]
Members
16,191 posts
28,079 battles
15 minutes ago, T1mb3rWo1f said:

Because the more comfortable the game is the less money you will spend.

That, plus also laziness.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,630
[PVE]
Members
8,500 posts
24,590 battles
1 hour ago, MrDeaf said:

Because it doesn't make money for WG.

??? How exactly does the present replay system make money for WG?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
967
[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,645 posts
18,961 battles
18 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

??? How exactly does the present replay system make money for WG?

It doesn't which is why they won't put any effort into fixing it.  I always think of this line when someone asks why WG isn't doing something to better the game....

It's not that i'm lazy It's that I just don't care - Office Space ...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
391
[LSNB]
Members
1,714 posts
6,072 battles

It's probably at the bottom of their priority list, along with operations

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
564 posts
28,621 battles
4 hours ago, Capt_Nautilus said:

Why isn't there an easy-to-use replay system like in World of Tanks??? Is there a valid reason or just another example of Wargaming being lazy?

SIMPLE ANSWER: Apathy and Greed

MORE COMPLEX ANSWER: WG's Master Bean Counter won't authorize any of the tens of millions in profit to be devoted to a an effort which is considered (by WG) not necessary to attact new players (i.e., won't generate more $$$).  My guess is the developers got something working "once upon a time ago" but were never given the opportunity to refactor it and make it "really shine", so the cost of fixing it and making it easier to use is now higher than it would have been three years ago.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
278
[KREW]
[KREW]
Members
482 posts
21,485 battles

I'm not familiar with World of Tanks... let alone the replay system there. Is there functionality that World of Warships doesn't have? Or is World of Tanks replay system simpler than logging off and clicking on a file in the game folder? Like is it accessible from in game or what?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
177 posts
11,209 battles

The replay system may be annoying, but it's really not difficult to use.

And, I thought it was like world of tanks replays, you have to run those with the game program as well (shutdown the game to watch a replay), right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,229
[LWA]
Members
1,347 posts
15,553 battles

It wasn't that long ago where  you couldn't detach a camera from your ship after you sank in battle.  One of the better improvements WG made....to get mobile birds eye view of the battle and help your surviving team mates with spotting

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55
[-CNS-]
Members
187 posts
446 battles
13 hours ago, Admiral_Downes said:

I'm not familiar with World of Tanks... let alone the replay system there. Is there functionality that World of Warships doesn't have? Or is World of Tanks replay system simpler than logging off and clicking on a file in the game folder? Like is it accessible from in game or what?

In game you can just check a box in settings (I think) and all your battles are saved and you can delete the ones you don't want. It's much more efficient and user friendly.

13 hours ago, StudebacherHoch said:

And, I thought it was like world of tanks replays, you have to run those with the game program as well (shutdown the game to watch a replay), right?

I think so, but it's still easier, especially for new players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
116
[OVRPN]
[OVRPN]
Beta Testers
233 posts
19,969 battles
13 hours ago, db4100 said:

It wasn't that long ago where  you couldn't detach a camera from your ship after you sank in battle.  One of the better improvements WG made....to get mobile birds eye view of the battle and help your surviving team mates with spotting

 

That's been available since Beta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×