Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
kyesac

New German ships / RB / Steel / Other ramblings

3 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Members
1,326 posts
24,768 battles

I was not a fan of the Research Bureau concept.  However, once the decision was made to move the UUs to the RB, if I wanted the ones I didn't have I really had no choice.  So I took the dive about a month ago.  I chose the IJN cruiser line.  I did not pick the lines I liked the best, nor the ones I felt were a drudgery worse than root canal.  The IJN cruisers had some ships I liked and seemed to be an ok choice.  My plan was to try a line once a quarter maximize the 10k bonus points while minimizing the regrinds needed.  Too date, I am on the Myoko and the grind hasn't been too bad, but now comes the ever increasing costs for progress.

I started looking at the Ohio, and if all went well with the UUs, I was thinking of maybe going for her.  'With the addition of the Siegried to the RB, there are now 2 ships that interest me.  The problem is that at these costs, I won't see either one until sometime in 2022 or 2023.  The pain just doesn't seem worth the gain at this point.

The Shikashima looked a little interesting, but I really want the Stalingrad,  and without playing CB or ranked (took my first dive into ranked this season), these ships are again a distant smoke on the horizon.

The Aegir might be the most accessible ship of the three.  I am currently at 230k FXP, so that will also be down the road.  Of course, assuming it will also be sold for cash, I could go that route.  BUT, if I buy dubloons to prepurchase the Dockyard ships, I could also accumulate a total of 4950 steel, which gets me closer to the Stalingrad.  I will not buy both options, and may not buy either one.

I already play WoWs a lot everyday, and I don't want to burnout.  But all of this stuff dropping at once probably means I will end up with the credits for Graf Spee and the Odin only, just to save my sanity.

[BUOY]
Members
1,347 posts
16,903 battles

TBF Odin aside none of the ships being released tomorrow will be going anywhere in the next 6 months unless somehow one of them slipped by all the ST's and CC's who are decidedly mixed on all of them and instead are totally borked as the Smolensk was/is (and as all the CC's pointed out in the run up to release).

[WMD]
Members
1,928 posts
10,964 battles
18 minutes ago, kyesac said:

I was not a fan of the Research Bureau concept.  However, once the decision was made to move the UUs to the RB, if I wanted the ones I didn't have I really had no choice.  So I took the dive about a month ago.  I chose the IJN cruiser line.  I did not pick the lines I liked the best, nor the ones I felt were a drudgery worse than root canal.  The IJN cruisers had some ships I liked and seemed to be an ok choice.  My plan was to try a line once a quarter maximize the 10k bonus points while minimizing the regrinds needed.  Too date, I am on the Myoko and the grind hasn't been too bad, but now comes the ever increasing costs for progress.

I started looking at the Ohio, and if all went well with the UUs, I was thinking of maybe going for her.  'With the addition of the Siegried to the RB, there are now 2 ships that interest me.  The problem is that at these costs, I won't see either one until sometime in 2022 or 2023.  The pain just doesn't seem worth the gain at this point.

The Shikashima looked a little interesting, but I really want the Stalingrad,  and without playing CB or ranked (took my first dive into ranked this season), these ships are again a distant smoke on the horizon.

The Aegir might be the most accessible ship of the three.  I am currently at 230k FXP, so that will also be down the road.  Of course, assuming it will also be sold for cash, I could go that route.  BUT, if I buy dubloons to prepurchase the Dockyard ships, I could also accumulate a total of 4950 steel, which gets me closer to the Stalingrad.  I will not buy both options, and may not buy either one.

I already play WoWs a lot everyday, and I don't want to burnout.  But all of this stuff dropping at once probably means I will end up with the credits for Graf Spee and the Odin only, just to save my sanity.

The secret to WoWS, and any other F2P game I have played it to pick, and choose your events. 

You aren't really supposed to get all the rewards, it's an option for the extremely dedicated, but not for most. Just decide how much effort you want to put in, and take whatever rewards come your way. 

I'll likely buy the starter pack for the Odin because I bought doubloons with my anniversary coupon. If it wasn't for the 30% off coupon I wouldn't have bought the doubloons, and would be putting near zero effort into the Odin event. 

Aegir will be around for a while, use the flags from the Odin even to boost your FXP earn and you'll have 1,000,000 FXP before you know it. 

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this