You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
00barroso

Getting robbed blind sure is Fun and Engaging...

61 comments in this topic

[5D2]
Members
53 posts
10,628 battles

I thought that they would reconsider but....

If you have Moskva you'll lose around 240k XP and around 20M credits, if you have Type 20 you'll lose 5000 doubloons. Now that's the weird part that most don't understand this isn't a complaint against people who don't have the Type 20 getting it for free it's quite the opposite, WG is gifting it to all people EXEPT people who already have it. 

Now if you buy a camo that you already have you get a doubloon compensation so this explains why they are shafting customers(or soon to be ex-customers) by don't giving them the camo like everybody else.... what i don't get is why they don't like money, their notion of monetization is very wacky i don't think that their sales department has any real life experience but i'll digress.

And to think that from now on this will be the norm. Everybody knows that WG thinks that the Soviets should be the strongest, most prolific nation in game, and they'll stop at nothing to give it the strongest paper navy; and to think that every year you'll need to regrind ships because of their eminent removal and this situation all over again.

P.S. And now they are selling steel (probably every semester)

• Cool 5
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 10
  • Meh 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

The issue with the permacamo is legit. 

However, you're not losing Moskva.  Why are we seeing threads claiming that players will lose Moskva?    Or somehow lose XP and credits?  

• Cool 1

[5D2]
Members
53 posts
10,628 battles
1 minute ago, KilljoyCutter said:

However, you're not losing Moskva.

kinda. i meant we did it once, we'll will need to do it again for Nevsky, if they do it again we'll need to grind again and again and again.

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,013 posts
7,823 battles
3 minutes ago, 00barroso said:

kinda. i meant we did it once, we'll will need to do it again for Nevsky, if they do it again we'll need to grind again and again and again.

You're new to F2P?     They'll do it again, again and again.  

[SOFOP]
Members
2,477 posts
15,297 battles
1 minute ago, 00barroso said:

and you get to keep each ship that you grind.  Having a tier 10 tech tree ship is not opening up doors to anything really.  If you don't want to grind the new one......then don't.

I think people are relating the loss of the soviet T10 tech tree cruiser as if you lose access to something, like some game mechanic or somethinmg.  The only thing you really lose access to would be the ability to reset the line....and that would be a weird complaint ("OMG I can't reset the line because I have to regrind the Nevsky so that I can lose it and regrind the entire line back anyways").  Plus, if you plan to reset, you shoudl do it NOW, because ten you get the best of both worlds and only have to grind the Nevsky once.

Anyways, if you don't want to regrind, you lose NOTHING.  So if you are being honest, your complaint isn't that you are losing somethings, its that you are NOT getting something for free that you want.  Too bad.

100% agree on the camo though.

[SBNA]
Members
375 posts
27,971 battles

Well from my point of view...I am losing the Moskova because I reset the line recently. So, for me to complete the re-roll of the line now becomes a "bend over my friend and grit your teeth another WG smack-down is inbound". Not only will the Moskova and the opportunity to get her back be very painful to my resources but it blocks my finishing the re roll and getting my research points for the re-roll of the line. Thanks again WG for your consideration.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,613 posts
8 minutes ago, TheMadTankR said:

Well from my point of view...I am losing the Moskova because I reset the line recently. So, for me to complete the re-roll of the line now becomes a "bend over my friend and grit your teeth another WG smack-down is inbound". Not only will the Moskova and the opportunity to get her back be very painful to my resources but it blocks my finishing the re roll and getting my research points for the re-roll of the line. Thanks again WG for your consideration.

I believe they have already stated you'll get the Moskva if you had it unlocked.....

You'll receive cruiser flag_Russia_6ce701e1c2f2ac3909a68a0a7b23special_333a61069a325ba8314cbbae96c1a345X Moskva under the following circumstances: if you've already researched but haven't yet purchased her; if you sold her; or if you’ve had the branch reset through the Research Bureau.

Edited by awiggin
  • Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,324 posts
14,923 battles
8 minutes ago, TheMadTankR said:

2 minutes ago, awiggin said:

I believe they have already stated you'll get the Moskva if you had it unlocked.....

This, if you ever researched it you get the premium/special version even if you never bought it.

Members
2,125 posts
7,630 battles
2 minutes ago, TheMadTankR said:

The "Getting the new, "special" Moskva if you ever researched her" rule is geared specifically for line resets.  You will get the new, "special" status Moskva.  It's in the notes.

34 minutes ago, 00barroso said:

If you have Moskva you'll lose around 240k XP and around 20M credits.

I don't consider it losing 240k xp.  It's actually receiving a tier 10 Premium for 240k xp.  Cheapest tier 10 Premium ship ever!

You can also sell the one you have now for 9 million to recoup some of the credit loss.

• Meh 1

[SBNA]
Members
375 posts
27,971 battles
2 minutes ago, awiggin said:

I should read the news better. My buddy tells me to read the news for gifts...but alas I don't have the time. Thanks...a little stress gone.

Members
2,125 posts
7,630 battles
1 minute ago, TheMadTankR said:

I should read the news better. My buddy tells me to read the news for gifts...but alas I don't have the time. Thanks...a little stress gone.

The gift was 5 Soviet tokens each.  You're not missing out.  :Smile_Default:

[PVE]
Members
13,886 posts
29,298 battles

Losing the real $$$ perma camo at that T10 tech tree slot is where WG has really jumped the broom here and screwed players over. There is progress lost in the line and some other factors that are not in the player's favor in all this BUT that camo is absolutely theft and the major bone of contetion. 

And for the record I am NOT against anyone getting it free because I paid for it. Good for you. My issue is they are turning the camo I paid real $$$ for into a free one and not compensating me for it. It is wrong wrong wrong!

• Cool 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 5

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
817 posts
10,856 battles
31 minutes ago, Captain_Slattery said:

The gift was 5 Soviet tokens each.  You're not missing out.  :Smile_Default:

I only wish there was one more story/article that had 5 tokens to gain.  That's how much I've missed the Tallin by.  :Smile_unsure:

• Sad 1

[RTXN]
Banned
1,416 posts
1 hour ago, 00barroso said:

I thought that they would reconsider but....

If you have Moskva you'll lose around 240k XP and around 20M credits, if you have Type 20 you'll lose 5000 doubloons. Now that's the weird part that most don't understand this isn't a complaint against people who don't have the Type 20 getting it for free it's quite the opposite, WG is gifting it to all people EXEPT people who already have it. 

Now if you buy a camo that you already have you get a doubloon compensation so this explains why they are shafting customers(or soon to be ex-customers) by don't giving them the camo like everybody else.... what i don't get is why they don't like money, their notion of monetization is very wacky i don't think that their sales department has any real life experience but i'll digress.

And to think that from now on this will be the norm. Everybody knows that WG thinks that the Soviets should be the strongest, most prolific nation in game, and they'll stop at nothing to give it the strongest paper navy; and to think that every year you'll need to regrind ships because of their eminent removal and this situation all over again.

P.S. And now they are selling steel (probably every semester)

Not losing Moskva - paying 240k XP and 20M credits for a coal ship....I can live with that.

Never bought the camo - getting camo for free, subtract that from the XP and credits that I "paid" for Special Moskva.

I do think that everyone who bought the Moskva camo should get it transferred to Nevesky - even if they don't have the Nevesky it should be in their inventory.

As much as WG has messed up in the past, have to give them a pass on everything but the camo with this one.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[WMD]
Members
1,926 posts
10,911 battles
19 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

And for the record I am NOT against anyone getting it free because I paid for it. Good for you. My issue is they are turning the camo I paid real $$$ for into a free one and not compensating me for it. It is wrong wrong wrong!

Take your argument, and replace camo with Graf Spee, Texas, GC, Indy, etc... It just doesn't hold any water. 

Be angry if it makes you feel good, but it is no different that when they make a premium ship a free gift. 

• Meh 1

[5D2]
Members
53 posts
10,628 battles
42 minutes ago, Captain_Slattery said:

You can also sell the one you have now for 9 million to recoup some of the credit loss.

I did the reset in my soviet cruiser line it's the most value you can get out of this .............. situation

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
817 posts
10,856 battles
8 minutes ago, VeatherVitch said:

Take your argument, and replace camo with Graf Spee, Texas, GC, Indy, etc... It just doesn't hold any water. 

Be angry if it makes you feel good, but it is no different that when they make a premium ship a free gift. 

Not the same IMO;  Texas, Graf Spee, Indy are premium ships; Moskva is a tech tree ship.  

I have the Texas and Graf Spee and have seen them given freely to other players whereas I bought mine.  Ah well! 

[5D2]
Members
53 posts
10,628 battles
18 minutes ago, Altwar said:

I only wish there was one more story/article that had 5 tokens to gain.  That's how much I've missed the Tallin by.

there's a single one of 5 tokens left; they only did 9/10

edit: previous 9 https://www.wows-gamer-blog.com/2020/05/410-free-soviet-tokens-and-trophy-camos.html

Edited by 00barroso

Members
7,122 posts
22,658 battles

Why anyone would buy perma camo just makes me confused. Now that said, I have many, either purchased at a discount (because I had a dup ship drop and got doubloons) or in game doubloons or won them or whatever. Paying an additional $25 or more for a sub par camo? What is wrong with people?.

Almost every single one of these camos provides better economic returns than any perma camo. Yes, I have purchased numerous event crates with the hopes of getting cool stuff, like ships, Halloween camos, extra good econ flags..... But cmon people $25 for a perma camo and you can get better camo from a dozen other sources? 

KKJfRSZ.png

[RTXN]
Banned
1,416 posts
6 minutes ago, 00barroso said:

there's a single one of 5 tokens left; they only did 9/10

edit: previous 9 https://www.wows-gamer-blog.com/2020/05/410-free-soviet-tokens-and-trophy-camos.html

Similar thing happened to me during the British CA event - missed Devonshire by a hair.

Only thing I can tell you is to break out your Shchors again or drop some FXP for Tallinn.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
39 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Losing the real $$$ perma camo at that T10 tech tree slot is where WG has really jumped the broom here and screwed players over. There is progress lost in the line and some other factors that are not in the player's favor in all this BUT that camo is absolutely theft and the major bone of contetion. 

What they should have done is:

• Gone ahead and given everyone getting the new "special" Moskva the permacamo they'd give any special or premium ship.
  • Transferred previous permacamos on Moskva to the new tier X ship replacing it on the tree, so that those who bought or otherwise put something into getting that camo on the tech tree tier X still get it on the ship in that slot. 

• Cool 1

[A-I-M]
Members
4,084 posts
15,213 battles

No one is losing Moskva, and for that matter, no one us losing the XP it took to unlock Moskva. 240,000 regular XP and no cost in credits is a dernncheap price of entry to T10.

However, the fact is, that the more anyone shook hands with WG on a deal with the Moskva, the worse the deal gets: 

1. Did you buy the Moskva? You’re out 19.5M credits compared to those who unlocked but didn’t buy.

2. Did you fully outfit your Moskva? Increase that comparative shortfall to 26M+ credits.

3. Did you throw down for camo? Now the shortfall is 19.5M-26M+, and 5000 doubloons.

4. Sure you can sell Moskva to get half your investment back. Which means you’re still out half of it. Except for the camo; you’re out 100% there.

5. Unless you sell your upgrades. Also at half cost. But you gotta get them back at full cost, so your half of the costs that you recoup isn't a full half any more.

6. You can scratch and claw back to a mere 50% credits loss if you demount modules. For doubloons.

7. Think you see an out clause in the Research Bureau?Yes, that is the least damage path for credits...but watch out, any grind progress you made to Nevsky, or Tallinn, or the T5 will get shoved right up your aft hawsepipe, and left on the Orlan. “No unlock for you!!! To Gulag!”

But really, I think people are only looking at the “small picture” view of this. I think a bigger picture is starting to take form, and players need to take note: With this transaction, WG is telegraphing that “the content you purchase has expiring benefit.” This means that's “your doubloons have an expiring value.” “Your credits have expiring value.” “Your XP has an expiring value.”

Perhaps I’m wrong, but I’m thinking this deal marks an eventual shift toward having to continue to pay for content. (read: leased content, rather than purchased content)

This deal is such a break from past practice because the business plan is to break from past practice, and chart a new course.

I'm not raving about a conspiracy, I’m just saying that WG might be transitioning to a substantially different way of monetizing their game, and this may be a precursor of that change.

Time will tell. But, down the road, we may look back on this as a watershed event.

• Cool 2

[WMD]
Members
1,926 posts
10,911 battles
Just now, Altwar said:

Not the same IMO;  Texas, Graf Spee, Indy are premium ships given for free to some.  

Moskva premium ship given for free(coal, which is free) to some. Premium ships come with premium camo... As to doubloon cost, Indy is 7800, Graf Spee 5000,  and Texas 5450. So the owners of those boats are "out" as many doubloons, or more as a Moskva premium camo owner. 

I get that it's a break from the previous way they had done things, but to pretend it is somehow "different" than giving away premium ships others have paid real money for is disingenuous. 

[PVE]
Members
13,886 posts
29,298 battles
Just now, Joyous_Vibes said:

Why anyone would buy perma camo just makes me confused. Now that said, I have many, either purchased at a discount (because I had a dup ship drop and got doubloons) or in game doubloons or won them or whatever. Paying an additional $25 or more for a sub par camo? What is wrong with people?.

Almost every single one of these camos provides better economic returns than any perma camo. Yes, I have purchased numerous event crates with the hopes of getting cool stuff, like ships, Halloween camos, extra good econ flags..... But cmon people $25 for a perma camo and you can get better camo from a dozen other sources? 

KKJfRSZ.png

Only the original Gamescon camo and the special Meritorious Service camos provide better bonuses than a T10 perma and they are very hard to get. The Kobayashi camos are basically a T10 perma bonus wise. That -50% to the service fee is huge plus it is +20% credits. No other one time use camos besides the 2 I posted can approach a T10 perma. Now the other tiers we can talk. But the T10 perma is just about the top of the hill for camos.

[TDRB]
Members
5,310 posts
13,743 battles
1 hour ago, KilljoyCutter said:

The issue with the permacamo is legit. 

However, you're not losing Moskva.  Why are we seeing threads claiming that players will lose Moskva?    Or somehow lose XP and credits?  

I disagree on the camo. You pay to use the camo, you do not own the camo. The same is with the premium ships. They are not yours, you only paid to use them in this game.

I will admit it would be in WG best interest to give some forum of compensation. Maybe that is why they are allowing players to sell the Moskva but still give them the new version.

IMO the OP has nothing to complain about.

I doubt if WG will ever refund full price for used products, especially when purchased directly with cash or doubloons.

• Meh 3