Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Kartoffel

Change to bot CV's in 9.5

20 comments in this topic

[KREW]
[KREW]
Members
482 posts
21,566 battles

"Bot-piloted aircraft carriers no longer launch air squadrons without having at least one full attack flight."

It will be interesting to see how this impacts the game, especially if it leads to the return of some Operations.

Edited by Admiral_Downes

[PVE]
Members
13,961 posts
29,495 battles
46 minutes ago, Admiral_Downes said:

"Bot-piloted aircraft carriers no longer launch air squadrons without having at least one full attack flight."

It will be interesting to see how this impacts the game, especially if it leads to the return of some Operations.

It will impact rewards  and planes down tasks significantly as the bots will go through their planes fast and then not be able to launch reduced squads. IF you don't get planes early you are SOL! :Smile_facepalm:

What would have been a far better change, and actually make sense, would be to make them use ALL squads vs just one over and over like using rockets when it is down to 1 plane while it has full torp and bomber squads. 

I don't get this change at all??? :Smile_amazed:

• Cool 3

[P-V-E]
Members
1,658 posts

I guess it depends if there is no hidden buff to bot CV plane regen that was not listed in the patch notes.

[WOLFO]
[WOLFO]
Members
671 posts
6,528 battles

I dread seeing on team CV bots in Co-Op. It would be nice if they worked on that AI.

[KREW]
[KREW]
Members
482 posts
21,566 battles
12 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

What would have been a far better change, and actually make sense, would be to make them use ALL squads vs just one over and over like using rockets when it is down to 1 plane while it has full torp and bomber squads. 

Quite the assumption that, that isn't part of the change, guess we will have to wait one day and see.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[RLGN]
Members
16,225 posts
28,105 battles
2 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

It will impact rewards  and planes down tasks significantly as the bots will go through their planes fast and then not be able to launch reduced squads. IF you don't get planes early you are SOL! :Smile_facepalm:

Maybe to force the bots to cycle through the types, instead of the onesies flights?

As usual, better ways to say things, if so, than what WG perhaps choose to use.

Why not just say; bots will cycle through squad types?

Oh well; maybe good in that you won’t keep getting spotted by the stupid onesies?

[WOLF3]
Members
30,966 posts
26,039 battles

The changes mean Bot CVs become a nonfactor after 1-2 minutes.

That's okay I guess.  Games end in 3-5 minutes anyways.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Members
2,126 posts
7,630 battles
31 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Maybe to force the bots to cycle through the types, instead of the onesies flights?

As usual, better ways to say things, if so, than what WG perhaps choose to use.

1.  Why not just say; bots will cycle through squad types?

2.  Oh well; maybe good in that you won’t keep getting spotted by the stupid onesies?

1.  Will they cycle?  Heck, I thought they already did that.  Shows how little attention I've been paying.  :Smile_facepalm:

2.  They will be twosies or threesies.  As soon as one "flight", not one squadron, is ready.

[RLGN]
Members
16,225 posts
28,105 battles
46 minutes ago, Captain_Slattery said:

1.  Will they cycle?  Heck, I thought they already did that.  Shows how little attention I've been paying.  :Smile_facepalm:

2.  They will be twosies or threesies.  As soon as one "flight", not one squadron, is ready.

1: Seemed like they would play Rockets (for example,) to death, until something made them change to another type.

2: Didn’t consider that interpretation. That might not be so bad either; at least longer between getting re-spotted. (Complete PITA when your a last PvE player, and you’re trying to deal with 2-3 bots.)

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,455 posts
10,726 battles
9 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

It sounds as if it implies that the bot CV will cycle through its squads if the one it's been spamming have been depleted and no longer has enough to do one full attack flight.

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
540 posts
25,146 battles

On the PTS they had a challenge to play several co-op games.  I honestly cannot recall if the plane attacks were any different.  Of course, I would have paid more attention if I had read the release notes.  :Smile_facepalm:

You guys may not agree, but I think a big reason for the 'missing' ops is that WG just can't get the AI fixed on CVs.  Given they had so much developer time focused on fixing CVs after 8.0 (if you can say they are fixed), and then coding the sub disaster, they may just now be getting around to teaching bots to drive CVs.  That's my hope, anyway, since I really miss Cherry Blossom.

[WOLFX]
Members
131 posts
20,640 battles

thanks for sharing. that will lead to a more pleasant experience (i.e. bot cv plane farming) if the enemy bot chooses a different squadron when it gets one type depleted.

[KREW]
[KREW]
Members
482 posts
21,566 battles

not a large sample size, but CV player's in every game so far this morning, plane kills are up and the bot CV's are cycling through different squadrons

will be interesting to see how green bot CV's do

• Cool 2

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
813 posts
6,335 battles
On 6/9/2020 at 9:29 AM, AdmiralThunder said:

23 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Why not just say; bots will cycle through squad types?

We all know that what WG writes and what they actually mean 'ain’t ever exactly been similar'. When i read the change I assumed they meant that they would cycle squadrons instead of just launching one type the whole match like they sometimes do. Anybody played enough yet to have an idea?

Edit: Maybe i should read ALL the posts. Nod to OP right above me...

Edited by SkullCowboy_60
  • Cool 1

[KREW]
[KREW]
Members
482 posts
21,566 battles

After more games, I'm even more impressed with this change. 
Matter of fact... DD players may want to avoid bum-rushing a CV late game if they have lackluster AA.
Saw a bot Kaga decimate two DD's who wouldn't wait for support or air cover. 

• Cool 2

Members
165 posts
6,168 battles

Interesting. I noticed in a training room against a high difficulty bot that it prefers to send the counter type planes rather than a full squadron of a different type. So if I'm in a cruiser, it will keep sending dive bombers until it completely runs out and only then switch to something else. 

• Cool 1

[TDRB]
Members
5,325 posts
13,743 battles
On 6/9/2020 at 9:29 AM, AdmiralThunder said:

WG nerfed Narai rewards. I see this as a means to reduce coop rewards. Bot CV's will be defenseless my the time they come under direct attack.

[WOLFG]
Members
12,668 posts
11,787 battles

It seems like they would still send out reduced squads, but only after they had taken out whatever full squad was available.

I was raking in planes in the games I could get the CV to go after me.

[SOLOH]
[SOLOH]
Beta Testers
4,316 posts

Oh I don't know they seem as dumb as always 

shot-20.06.13_11.01.07-0102.jpg

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
13,961 posts
29,495 battles

Overall it doesn't seem to be a huge change in total kills (not more or less) but you definitely have longer periods with no planes flying. Seems to be a net zero effect change.

Sign in to follow this