You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ArnoldSchoenberg

dilemma about coal ships

15 comments in this topic

[F-N-S]
Members
569 posts
19,750 battles

the coupon is expiring soon. 

i am only considering several ships: Georgia, Thunderer, Salem, marceau

It is said that Thunderer has the best gun in game. but Georgia makes much more money. 

Tier 10 premium only makes as much money as Tier 8, that makes me reluctant to get any T10 premium except being as op as Smolensk  

[SIDE]
Members
4,939 posts

Thunderer is nice. Georgia ain't bad. I have both. If you want to play methodically and strategically  with wonderful guns, get Thunderer. If you want to run and gun, Georgia. 

[O_O]
Members
7,041 posts
17,429 battles

Thunderer and Georgia are both worth the price in coal.  Salem is also good, but IMO can't quite trump the other two.  I can't comment on Marceau...don't have it.

Members
886 posts
5,968 battles

I got Marceau purely for the fun factor. I don’t have Thunderer but it’s on my radar and Georgia is fine. Thunderer seems to be a solid choice. However if you know how to French DD well, Marceau can be a monster. She has good AA so I take her out more than my Kleber but the ballistics take some getting used to and aren’t really effective on smaller targets past 12km. But she mops up other DDs and even Klebers if played right. If you don’t know how to French DD, you’d probably hate her and not get much out of her.

Edited by KnifeInUrNeck

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,702 posts
23,801 battles

What is your type of ship that you enjoy?

Battleship sniper? Hands down Thunderer.

Run and use secondaries? Georgia. 

Love Kleber before nerf? And want AA? Marceau..... fun as all get out.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,197 posts

I just got the Georgia couple days ago. Would you believe there's a very wide span of RNG in her, at least for me. When she's hot she slaughters. When she's not, it HE and DD time. I do like her though - her speed is well, almost unbelievable. Flamu has a good video on her (about 8 months old). You may want to check the video before you click the buy button. 

[FML]
Members
4,186 posts
16,206 battles
2 hours ago, ArnoldSchoenberg said:

the coupon is expiring soon. 

i am only considering several ships: Georgia, Thunderer, Salem, marceau

It is said that Thunderer has the best gun in game. but Georgia makes much more money. 

Tier 10 premium only makes as much money as Tier 8, that makes me reluctant to get any T10 premium except being as op as Smolensk  

I have recently bought the Georgia, and I’ve been having a blast - it’s been great fun. Can recommend. 

Of that list, I don’t have a Marceau, but they’re all solid and can do their jobs well. 

Key questions are: other than credits, what are you trying to do, which nations captains need grinding, etc. 

Fun factor is ofc Georgia.

[BSL]
Members
1,232 posts
21,644 battles
1 hour ago, ArnoldSchoenberg said:

I end up with USS Georgia because I have extra 19 pt captain and because I would like to make more money.

You don't have Halsey jumping between BBs?

Members
2,126 posts
7,630 battles
17 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

Thunderer and Georgia are both worth the price in coal.  Salem is also good, but IMO can't quite trump the other two.  I can't comment on Marceau...don't have it.

This exactly.  +1

[F-N-S]
Members
569 posts
19,750 battles
5 hours ago, UnOrthoDocks said:

get georgia first. it'll likely be the one to leave the armory next being the oldest.

thank you.

Edited by ArnoldSchoenberg
  • Cool 1

[F-N-S]
Members
569 posts
19,750 battles
5 hours ago, BearlyHereBear said:

You don't have Halsey jumping between BBs?

my halsey is currently trained for montana. shall I make him secondary built?