Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Caine_Mutiny

Is release 0.9.5 this Wednesday?

22 comments in this topic

[O_O]
Members
7,041 posts
17,429 battles

Yep, just sold my Kirov and Moskva an hour ago. 

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Members
4,168 posts
14,859 battles
17 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

I suppose I should log in and do that now, Ill forget later. Thanks for the reminder.

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
1,327 posts
24,788 battles
15 minutes ago, Caine_Mutiny said:

So, will both new T10 Russian cruisers be available with this release?

Nope.  And someone please correct me if I am wrong.

I believe that the Nevsky will be available this release.  The Tallinn, Riga, and Petro will be available NEXT release, assuming you didn't get them in the early access).

This release should also include the Moskva - Kirov move to special status.  The dockyard.  The new graphics upgrades on some maps.

I feel like I am missing something, but don't know what.

[NSC]
Members
2,350 posts
41 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

Patch notes should be released tomorrow. For everyone who hasn't done this yet, it may be safer to wait until tomorrow for the official, non-WIP announcement.

18 minutes ago, kyesac said:

Nope.  And someone please correct me if I am wrong.

I believe that the Nevsky will be available this release.  The Tallinn, Riga, and Petro will be available NEXT release, assuming you didn't get them in the early access).

This release should also include the Moskva - Kirov move to special status.  The dockyard.  The new graphics upgrades on some maps.

I feel like I am missing something, but don't know what.

I agree with this. It's mentioned at https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/update-094-soviet-cruisers/

image.thumb.png.41427e43b8b7713b66eb674c2c6ff354.png

• Cool 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
583 posts
13,661 battles

If we assume without assuming for this patch:

Bunch of new camos which could lead to assumptions that there is a potential to release ships: California, Agir and Siegfried. One could also think that the steel resource Japanese battleship could be deployed after the secondary buff. 

My "guess" is that both German tier 9"s will drop one for 1 million fxp  (Agir) and one for coal (Seigfreid) or a subsequent 2 step release; one now and one in 9.6.

It is my most ardent wish that these 2 ships will drop this patch and we all have been waiting a long time.

This is all from the devblog:

Ranked Sprint and Clan Brawls

From June 24 to July 6, the 12th Ranked Sprint will be held in a 8 v 8 format on Tier VIII ships in the "Domination" mode.

Combat missions and Armory upgrade

For Update 0.9.5 we've conducted a global update of combat missions:

• The combat missions interface was fully updated.
  • Now Directives are located in the battle missions section.
  • The combat missions display on the post-battle screen was updated.
  • Combat missions with the "OR" condition were added: to accomplish this mission you need to complete one out of two conditions.
    • For example, earn 10,000 base XP or destroy 10 enemy ships. Completing any of these two conditions will lead
      • to the completion of the battle mission and getting a reward. Thus, players will be able to decide which condition they like most and pick ships suitable for its completion.
    • New rewards for daily missions were added. For example, in Update 0.9.5 steel will be added in a list of rewards for daily missions in the amount of 20 per day. And in July, research points will be added there as well (for players who already have access to the Research Bureau). In total, players will be able to receive up to 1200 research points per month. 
  • There will also be 2 Clan Brawls:

• On June 20, there will be the Clan Brawl #10 in a 3 v 3 format on Tier X ships without aircraft carriers, with a restriction of one battleship, cruiser and destroyer in a team.
  • On July 4, there will be the Clan Brawl #11 in a 4 v 4 format on Tier VIII ships, with a restriction of one ship of each class per team.
  • Maps improvements

The maps Riposte, Operation "Killer Whale", Defense of Naval Station "Newport", "Raptor" Rescue, Operation "Narai", as well as the Ports of Dunkirk, Kronstadt, Designer's Table, and Twitch Prime have been adapted for the new lighting model and enhanced HDR technology.

Content additions

Permanent camouflage "Steel" for Yamato, Des Moines, and Shimakaze will become available in the Armory. These camouflages will grant standard bonuses but will allow you to stand out from other ships in battle and demonstrate your success in competitive modes of World of Warships to everyone. Each camouflage will cost 10,000 steel.

"French Navy" camouflage was added for Kleber, as well as "Victorian White" camouflage for Goliath, "Freedom" for California, and "Nordic" camouflage for Ägir and Siegfried.

III VALKYRIE

• Main battery reload time increased from 5.5 to 5.8 s.

II WEYMOUTH

• Main battery reload time increased from 8.9 to 9.2 s.

V HAWKINS

• Main battery reload time reduced from 13.0 to 12.6 s.

V NEW YORK

• Main battery reload time reduced from 31.0 to 30.5 s.
  • VIII OGNEVOI

• "Defensive AA Fire" consumable moved to 5th slot;
  • Torpedo speed increased from 56 to 57 knots;
  • Number of "Engine Boost" and "Smoke Generator" consumables reduced from 3 to 2. 
  • IX UDALOI

• Stock torpedo module "53-49" was changed to module "53-49М". Torpedo parameters were changed the following way:
    • Torpedo range increased from 6 to 8 km;
    • Torpedo speed reduced from 69 to 66 knots;
  • Researchable torpedo module "53-49M" was changed to module "
  • Torpedo parameters were changed the following way:
    • Torpedo range increased from 8 to 10 km;
    • Torpedo speed reduced from 66 to 60 knots;
    • Maximum torpedo damage increased from 14 600 to 15 100;
    • Torpedo tubes reload time increased from 129 to 134 s;
  • "Defensive AA Fire" consumable moved to 5th slot;
  • Number of "Engine Boost" and "Smoke Generator" consumables reduced from 3 to 2. 
  • VIII PYOTR BAGRATION

• "Hydroacoustic Search" consumable's parameters were changed:
    • The range of assured acquisition of ships increased from 4 to 5 km; 
    • The range of assured acquisition of torpedoes increased from 3 to 3.5 km.
  • X HAKURYŪ

• Maximum AP bomb damage of stock and researchable bombers reduced from 8500 to 8200.
  • V T-22

• "Hydroacoustic Search" consumable's action time increased from 60 to 70 s.
  • X HENRI IV

• Time for the ship's engine to reach maximum power was slightly reduced. It will make the ship's acceleration to maximum speed a bit faster.
  • X KREMLIN

• Continuous AA damage reduced from 413 to 395;
  • Number of shell explosions in a salvo reduced from 9 to 8.
  • Aircraft:

• Spotting range of all planes reduced from 16 to 15 km (This characteristic determines at what distance the aircraft is capable of spotting an enemy).

[TDRB]
Members
5,327 posts
13,743 battles

oops

Edited by kgh52

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles
1 hour ago, desmo_2 said:

Why? :Smile_amazed:

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

The "or" missions give two options to complete the same mission. 

That could be interesting.

Edited by KilljoyCutter

Members
140 posts
21 battles
2 minutes ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

WHY?

Credit gain. Based on previous WG statements you'll get premium Moskva and Kotovsky as long as you've researched either tech tree ship. You don't need to actually own them. So by selling the ships now you get the credit gain of selling the ships (minus the losses of selling and rebuying the upgrades).

[TDRB]
Members
5,327 posts
13,743 battles
14 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

How?  It gives two options to complete the same mission.  What am I missing?

I miss read, I am deleting my comment.

[WOLFD]
Members
862 posts
6,981 battles
1 hour ago, desmo_2 said:

Why sell them, don't they become premium?

[GOB]
Members
2,738 posts
2 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

Researched the MOS but forgot to sell the Kirov   that's  1.18M credits I almost missed out on : )  Thnx

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
6 minutes ago, AXELGREASE said:

From what we've been told, you get the special/premium version if you ever researched, bought, or had the ship -- meaning you can sell the tree version before the patch hits, and get the new version for free.

[O_O]
Members
7,041 posts
17,429 battles
59 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Why? :Smile_amazed:

47 minutes ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

WHY?

32 minutes ago, AXELGREASE said:

Confirmed by @Hapa_Fodder and others, you will get the premium versions of these ships if you have them researched.  Having them in port is not necessary, and actually may not give you silver credit.  So, sell them before the patch hits, profit, and still get the premium versions of Kirov and Moskva when 0.9.5 releases.

I am a little annoyed that we have to physically sell these ships to get maximum benefit.  When the 'Inventory' function was created, we automatically got credit for any excess ship modules we owned when the patch hit.  There is no reason we shouldn't be automatically credited for these two ships when this patch hits (granted, there was no possible way to sell those modules pre-patch, but still).

Edited by desmo_2

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
615 posts

Don't forget that the Hamburg dockyard event comes out on 0.9.5

Members
2,126 posts
7,630 battles
1 hour ago, kagero__ said:

Alright, who’s the wise guy that complained about Weymouth being over-powered?

Way too OP!  WG didn't nerf it enough.  :cap_haloween:

Doesn't WG know the proper nerf for a ship is to slightly decrease the AA?  Like the Kremlin.  :Smile_sceptic:

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,197 posts
On 6/8/2020 at 7:15 PM, Condor_Legion said:

Time for the ship's engine to reach maximum power was slightly reduced. It will make the ship's acceleration to maximum speed a bit faster.

What, in their opinion, is "a bit faster"? 

Yawn... most likely it's imperceptible to the average player. Maybe if they double or triple the acceleration to maximum speed... or better yet, nerf the loss of speed when manuevering, it might help, eh? 

Sign in to follow this