Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
slider37

Selling upgrades on ships you have sold?

12 comments in this topic

[SLDR]
Members
326 posts
13,329 battles

I have a bunch of T2 to T6 tech tree ships that were sold with upgrades still mounted, because back then I didn't know.

I can still see those upgrades when I look at those ships.  When I try to sell them, I get "transaction processing error, please try again later."

Can these upgrades be sold?  I haven't tried to dismount them with doubloons....

Alpha Tester
2,162 posts
6,727 battles

Go into the upper left menu, look for "inventory" sell from there.

If they aren't in the inventory then you're probably experiencing a bug, likely caused by an extended tech tree mod.

[SLDR]
Members
326 posts
13,329 battles

Thanks for the reply.  I think that Inventory does not show upgrades mounted on ships that you either own or have sold.  It only shows unmounted upgrades.  At least that's how it is in my account.  I don't have any mods.

Members
101 posts
3,299 battles

Are perhaps confusion modules that you have researched with modules you have not researched?  I believe other than the RB which wipes the researched module board clean, you are going to a difference.

[SLDR]
Members
326 posts
13,329 battles

I'm talking about upgrades that you mount in slots, like Main Armaments Modification 1, Damage Control System Modification 1, etc.

[NSC]
Members
2,341 posts
3 hours ago, slider37 said:

I have a bunch of T2 to T6 tech tree ships that were sold with upgrades still mounted, because back then I didn't know.

I can still see those upgrades when I look at those ships.  When I try to sell them, I get "transaction processing error, please try again later."

Can these upgrades be sold?  I haven't tried to dismount them with doubloons....

I think what you are doing is viewing the modules of ships you do not have in port. Is this correct?

Spoiler

Are you seeing this?

image.png.8f4b7b827561b8f8280df0eb00b3c1ad.png

The ability to see modules for ships not in port has only recently been introduced (introduced in Update 0.9.4, currently on 0.9.4.1). Therefore, I would not be surprised if there are some bugs with this feature. You can submit a ticket (https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/my-tickets/) to learn more.

When you sell a ship, the module is either demounted (costs 25 doubloons) or sold. The module cannot "stay" with a ship after it has been sold. Therefore the situation you are describing should not happen. Most likely, those upgrades were sold when you sold those T2 to T6 tech-tree ships. Does this make sense?

(Or, when you say "can still see those upgrades" do you mean:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.e9ebe56e72dced8655474de86f5ed3f5.png

You should be able to sell those upgrades in the inventory.)

[SLDR]
Members
326 posts
13,329 battles

Sorry guys, I should have attached a screen cap to make myself clear.  Below is Bayern.  I had it and sold it.  But it still has all 4 upgrades mounted.  By clicking on the yellow check mark, I am supposed to be able to demount or sell that upgrade, but I get that transaction error message when I try to sell it.  Are we able to sell these upgrades (aka modifications) off of ships that we don't have in port anymore?

1829221549_Annotation2020-06-08225633.thumb.jpg.0ad264127d6a53dcb0215ac734a6614a.jpg

[USA-N]
Members
785 posts
12,280 battles

You are trying to demount an upgrade from a ship you don't have. What are you, a central banker?

[SLDR]
Members
326 posts
13,329 battles
1 hour ago, SidTheBlade said:

You are trying to demount an upgrade from a ship you don't have. What are you, a central banker?

Uh, I paid for those upgrades. 

Members
443 posts
451 battles

They should have demounted to your inventory or been sold automatically for credits depending on the option you selected when selling the ship. I’d attach a screenshot and file a ticket with support. That’s kinda weird.

It should be added that you may in fact have received compensation (or demounted the upgrades) and what you’re seeing is a glitch with the port, reporting installed upgrades that don’t actually exist.

Just out of curiosity, what happens if you buy the ship? Are the upgrades still there? Can you demount/sell them?

Edited by kagero__

[SLDR]
Members
326 posts
13,329 battles
15 hours ago, kagero__ said:

Just out of curiosity, what happens if you buy the ship? Are the upgrades still there? Can you demount/sell them?

It turns out it's a bug.

T1 Hashidate had an upgrade mounted.  When I bought it (for zero credit), the upgrade was gone.   After I sold it again, the upgrade stayed gone.

Before buying:

600465158_Annotation2020-06-09201908.thumb.jpg.52abf1b048d1f6953e4257795051c5e6.jpg

After buying:

1177979636_Annotation2020-06-09202549.thumb.jpg.7d230ecef255b956f2103018ded0a47b.jpg

Sign in to follow this