You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Felipe_1982

Dasha Perova Commander

41 comments in this topic

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,306 posts

Well, i know it might be a noobish question but as a paid content, it is better to ask them suffer later.

Is Dasha Perova worth buying for 1.500 dobloons?

I am able to assign her for any ship i want on the same nation?

Do you have all Dasha commanders? For each country?

[-BSK-]
Members
491 posts
21,823 battles

have multiples of her. she beats the tar out of having a screaming oriental girl 

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 4
  • Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
20,164 posts
13,059 battles
4 minutes ago, Felipe_1982 said:

Well, i know it might be a noobish question but as a paid content, it is better to ask them suffer later.

Depends on if you consider that worth a 10pt Cmdr that will speak Russian, no matter the nation.

Yes, using the same retraining rules as any other Cmdr. I expect she is like the other Cmdrs that come specialized for the T1 of that nation.

I do not have all the Dasha's, but I was able to get a bunch in an event a while back, 1 per country I needed some more Cmdrs.

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,306 posts
6 minutes ago, Groo_ said:

have multiples of her. she beats the tar out of having a screaming oriental girl 

I dont know if in my language she will speak with a female voice... It lacks some content LOL.

So it worth..

Was there any promo regarding her price in the past?

[WOLFG]
Members
1,139 posts

Depends on how much you value your $6.00.  I never spend real money on something I can get for free.  So I won't spend doubloons on any captain.  I will however spend credits (my first choice) and possibly coal for captains in the Armory.  It really doesn't matter to me whether they say 'Wilco' in Russian, English or Yiddish.

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,306 posts
3 minutes ago, Captain_Rawhide said:

Depends on how much you value your $6.00.  I never spend real money on something I can get for free.  So I won't spend doubloons on any captain.  I will however spend credits (my first choice) and possibly coal for captains in the Armory.  It really doesn't matter to me whether they say 'Wilco' in Russian, English or Yiddish.

You have time to grind for coal?

My problem is time. For now , i am able to play 4 to 5 hours a day. Sometime ago i wasnt able to play. Soon i will not be able to play for 4-5 hours again.

[RTXN]
Banned
1,416 posts

I have Russian and French Dasha, but I would say no, she is not worth having anymore. 

When she was first introduced, yes - because there were not any special commanders for certain lines.

Now, why would you not get pretty much any others that have increased skills (all the brother commanders).  Not withstanding the top 3 coal commanders - The rest (including Dasha) are the same price - but just a regular 10pt commander starting.

The voice overs don't bother me as you can set the voice to anyone in the settings menu.  Now, no matter what CO I have they all sound like Jingles.

Besides, I turned off all the Anime stuff - I don't even see the headache inducing camo.

[WOLFG]
Members
1,139 posts
5 minutes ago, Felipe_1982 said:

My problem is time. For now , i am able to play 4 to 5 hours a day. Sometime ago i wasnt able to play. Soon i will not be able to play for 4-5 hours again.

I suck, but I play allot.  I have about 650K coal just sitting there.  I don't buy ships unless I have a coupon and only if I think I might actually play it.  That pretty much has limited my Coal ships to Smolensk and Musashi.  

Edited by Captain_Rawhide
  • Cool 1

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,306 posts
4 minutes ago, Captain_Rawhide said:

I suck, but I play allot.  I have about 650K coal just sitting there.  I don't buy ships unless I have a coupon and only if I think I might actually play it.  That pretty much has limited my Coal ships to Smolensk and Musashi.  

Do you farm coal on containers? That is another question i have.

[LWA]
Members
1,352 posts
15,592 battles

Dasha is not much different than the captains you can get for free other than you get to hear Dasha's voice instead of the default in game voice.  She only speaks Russian, and the Russian language is far from being the sensual language.  When she talks it sounds like she is trying extort money from you.....Russian language is intimidating by nature.

In short, the Dasha Captains are just a novelty.

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

[RTXN]
Banned
1,416 posts
10 minutes ago, Felipe_1982 said:

Coal is not that hard if you have 2 things:

1.  You finish all three daily missions every day and choose more resources on all of them

2.  Your clan port coal option is upgraded all the way

I was able to get Georgia, Smolensk, Thunderer and already back to 240K - not to mention the coal ship upgrades and lower tier ships.

[TDRB]
Members
5,325 posts
13,743 battles
24 minutes ago, Felipe_1982 said:

I have one Dasha commander. If she was available I would have got more Dasha's rather than the moronic looking space & rogue commanders I have.

Commanders are costly when you include the time. I do have three 19pt commanders which does accelerate commander training but it is still slow so the 1500 doubloons is not that high IMO.

[BTLST]
Members
774 posts
11,902 battles

The proper question is this -  Is a 10 point commander worth 1,500 Doubloons it to YOU!   To me it was and I purchased several, though I hate not having uniformed commanders on my bridges!

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,306 posts
12 minutes ago, jmanII said:

Coal is not that hard if you have 2 things:

1.  You finish all three daily missions every day and choose more resources on all of them

2.  Your clan port coal option is upgraded all the way

I was able to get Georgia, Smolensk, Thunderer and already back to 240K - not to mention the coal ship upgrades and lower tier ships.

Just recently i am able to complete the exp missions for containers.

My clan is myself alone lol

Just started to set for more resources on cotnainers.

11 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

I have one Dasha commander. If she was available I would have got more Dasha's rather than the moronic looking space & rogue commanders I have.

Commanders are costly when you include the time. I do have three 19pt commanders which does accelerate commander training but it is still slow so the 1500 doubloons is not that high IMO.

Time i do not have, almost all my commanders are at lvl 7. 

I have 2 lvl 13.

I dont think it is too high either, i think everyone here helped to understand the question about Dasha.

7 minutes ago, dbw86 said:

The proper question is this -  Is a 10 point commander worth 1,500 Doubloons it to YOU!   To me it was and I purchased several, though I hate not having uniformed commanders on my bridges!

Yeah... time is precious and it is the most valuable resource we have on life...

So it worth it!

Members
2,857 posts
9,224 battles
1 hour ago, Groo_ said:

I choked laughing on this one. Lets see..... Dasha versus screaming anime girls.... Dasha wins hands down in the first round with a citadel, first strike and all that Halloween stuff.

[META_]
Members
6 posts
6,386 battles

Is there any way to change her Russian into English?  Using Dasha, I've noticed how much I use the verbal notifications, and I DON'T SPEAK RUSSIAN.  jmanll above says you can change it in the settings menu, but I can't find it.  

[PVE]
Members
13,961 posts
29,495 battles
On 6/8/2020 at 2:21 PM, Felipe_1982 said:

Dasha Capt's have nothing special such as enhanced skills, colored tracers, etc... The Capt's are just regular Capt's with her portrait in different clothes to match the nation. Her voice is RU for all nations. So you could get any  of the 10pt Capt from the armory for sale for 1500 Doubloons and have the same thing as none of them come with any enhanced skills/perks.

With that all said it is a 10pt Capt which is a good starting point (saves some grinding) and it is DASHA! :cap_like:I decided to grab 1 of each even though some of them will be in Reserves for a while waiting for a use.

I have 1 each of all her Capt's. 

• US - Fletcher (19pts)
  • BRN - Daring (19pts)
  • RU - Riga (19pts)
  • KM - Roon (12pts)
  • IJN - Reserves
  • FR - Reserves
  • Pan-Asia - Reserves

Hey WG - we need Italian, Commonwealth, and EU Dasha's! :cap_horn:

• Cool 2

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,306 posts
2 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Dasha Capt's have nothing special such as enhanced skills, colored tracers, etc... The Capt's are just regular Capt's with her portrait in different clothes to match the nation. Her voice is RU for all nations. So you could get any  of the 10pt Capt from the armory for sale for 1500 Doubloons and have the same thing as none of them come with any enhanced skills/perks.

With that all said it is a 10pt Capt which is a good starting point (saves some grinding) and it is DASHA! :cap_like:I decided to grab 1 of each even though some of them will be in Reserves for a while waiting for a use.

• US - Fletcher (19pts)
  • BRN - Daring (19pts)
  • RU - Riga (19pts)
  • KM - Roon (12pts)
  • IJN - Reserves
  • FR - Reserves
  • Pan-Asia - Reserves

Well said!

I see some nations dont have her, maybe with an improved tech tree from those nations they will launch new Dasha's.

I was willing to grab an US Dasha to set for a Massachusetts.

[O_O]
Members
66 posts
3,077 battles
On 6/8/2020 at 2:38 PM, jmanII said:

Besides, I turned off all the Anime stuff - I don't even see the headache inducing camo.

How do you do that?

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts
On 6/8/2020 at 1:48 PM, db4100 said:

...  When she talks it sounds like she is trying extort money from you.....Russian language is intimidating by nature.  ... 

Long ago I heard someone say ... you could curse a person in French and it would sound like a love ballad; but say I love you in German ... and it sounds like you're cussing someone out.

Now I have an excellent (and funny) reference for Russian.  :cap_like:

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts
4 hours ago, oline63 said:

Is there any way to change her Russian into English?  Using Dasha, I've noticed how much I use the verbal notifications, and I DON'T SPEAK RUSSIAN.  jmanll above says you can change it in the settings menu, but I can't find it.  

I've heard some people say they selecte Jingles' Voice Over as their default for everything ... I don't know if that would effect Dasha, but if you have him you could try it.

Basically the Dasha commanders were designed in her voice to only speak Russian regardless of the ship/nation assigned.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/update-078-wows-birthday/

dasha.jpg.25c16afc2050ac1137e23100a1418f40.jpg

edit: p.s.

You change the voice settings in the Audio tab of the Settings menu ...

SettingsAudio.jpg

Edited by DocWalker
added info

[CLUMP]
Members
1,910 posts
2,412 battles
On 6/8/2020 at 2:48 PM, db4100 said:

Dasha is not much different than the captains you can get for free other than you get to hear Dasha's voice instead of the default in game voice.  She only speaks Russian, and the Russian language is far from being the sensual language.  When she talks it sounds like she is trying extort money from you.....Russian language is intimidating by nature.

In short, the Dasha Captains are just a novelty.

Extort you say sounds sexy :Smile_popcorn:

[WPORT]
Members
9,921 posts
14,411 battles
On 6/8/2020 at 2:21 PM, Felipe_1982 said:

I have a few versions of the Dasha Perova Commander.
1.  She's available.  
2.  I've already purchased other commanders that are limited to just one-per-player-account.
3.  Dasha Perova duplicates are okay to have.  Which is like having Dasha Perova twins, or triplets or whatever.  Anyway, it is a good thing.
4.  Dahsa Perova's language skills do not include Japanese.  She speaks Russian in all the versions of her that I have tested, so far.  She may also speak English, but that would mean changing my audio settings from National-Voiceover+ to another setting that is more restrictive and I wouldn't hear the lovely tones of the many anime' characters' voices that are also among my Commanders.
5.  1,500 doubloons for a 10-point Commander is the going rate, these days.  So she competes well in the pixel-navy job-hunting market.  
6. Everyone has their preferences when it comes to recruiting Commanders.  I subscribe to the notion of, "If you find a Commander you like, then welcome them to your port".

• Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
9,921 posts
14,411 battles
5 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

• US - Fletcher (19pts)
  • BRN - Daring (19pts)
  • RU - Riga (19pts)
  • KM - Roon (12pts)
  • IJN - Reserves
  • FR - Reserves
  • Pan-Asia - Reserves

+1  "Need more Dasha!"  :-)

• Cool 1

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,306 posts
41 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I have a few versions of the Dasha Perova Commander.
1.  She's available.  
2.  I've already purchased other commanders that are limited to just one-per-player-account.
3.  Dasha Perova duplicates are okay to have.  Which is like having Dasha Perova twins, or triplets or whatever.  Anyway, it is a good thing.
4.  Dahsa Perova's language skills do not include Japanese.  She speaks Russian in all the versions of her that I have tested, so far.  She may also speak English, but that would mean changing my audio settings from National-Voiceover+ to another setting that is more restrictive and I wouldn't hear the lovely tones of the many anime' characters' voices that are also among my Commanders.
5.  1,500 doubloons for a 10-point Commander is the going rate, these days.  So she competes well in the pixel-navy job-hunting market.  
6. Everyone has their preferences when it comes to recruiting Commanders.  I subscribe to the notion of, "If you find a Commander you like, then welcome them to your port".

i am thinking how much time or matchs i need to put a captain to lvl. 10, maybe 30?

i tought in portuguese commanders/captain would not use their original voices, but they do.

How reserve works? every new ahip comes with a commander but if i switch to a premium commander i lose him? he is sent to reserve?

why should i buy or not a reserve space?