Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Illustratum_AEternam

If I purchased Odin from Wargaming Premium gift shop, steel or no steel?

104 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Beta Testers
555 posts
12,081 battles

If the first day I bought Odin from premium shop with credit card

do I get steel for each directive completed?

Does the shipbuilding automatically complete?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,758
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
Just now, Primace said:

sorry it did not help

It's being discussed in that thread.  

Short answer

1) Completing the Directives and tasks gets you 18 of 20 build stages completed.  If you want Odin, you have to spend some doubloons on the final 2 build stages. 

2)  You can also buy the completion of the build stages with doubloons.  If you buy (all?) the build stages at the start, the Directives pay out Steel instead of build stages.  

Find the link to the news article and read it, lays this all out, the Steel is explained at the very bottom. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
555 posts
12,081 battles
1 minute ago, KilljoyCutter said:

It's being discussed in that thread.  

Short answer

1) Completing the Directives and tasks gets you 18 of 20 build stages completed.  If you want Odin, you have to spend some doubloons on the final 2 build stages. 

2)  You can also buy the completion of the build stages with doubloons.  If you buy (all?) the build stages at the start, the Directives pay out Steel instead of build stages.  

Find the link to the news article and read it, lays this all out, the Steel is explained at the very bottom. 

 

  

 

there is an option to buy Odin from premium shop with credit card from day 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16,785
[ARGSY]
Members
24,478 posts
18,475 battles
10 minutes ago, Primace said:

If the first day I bought Odin from premium shop with credit card

do I get steel for each directive completed?

Does the shipbuilding automatically complete?

Your question presupposes that you will be given this option. I don't think you will; not until the event is over.

Puerto Rico is still not available for any other means than having completed/paid through its event, and likewise Benham.  That may indicate that Odin is to follow a similar path; however, only time will tell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,689
[PVE]
Members
20,164 posts
13,059 battles
12 minutes ago, Primace said:

If the first day I bought Odin from premium shop with credit card

do I get steel for each directive completed?

Does the shipbuilding automatically complete?

 

1 minute ago, KilljoyCutter said:

It's being discussed in that thread.  

Short answer

1) Completing the Directives and tasks gets you 18 of 20 build stages completed.  If you want Odin, you have to spend some doubloons on the final 2 build stages. 

2)  You can also buy the completion of the build stages with doubloons.  If you buy (all?) the build stages at the start, the Directives pay out Steel instead of build stages.  

Find the link to the news article and read it, lays this all out, the Steel is explained at the very bottom. 

 

 

 

Here's the article

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/hamburg-dockyard/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,728
[WOLFG]
Members
12,668 posts
11,787 battles
Just now, Primace said:

there is an option to buy Odin from premium shop with credit card from day 1

I think you have to pay the doubloon price in the dockyard, not directly from the premium shop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,534
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,589 posts
17,792 battles
16 minutes ago, Primace said:

If the first day I bought Odin from premium shop with credit card

do I get steel for each directive completed?

Does the shipbuilding automatically complete?

1) No, You get steel for each ship building phase except the last two (18 out of 20 of them) that you complete not directives (6 of them) 

2) Yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,758
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

"You can purchase all the shipbuilding phases in exchange for doubloons and receive all the available rewards without waiting. If you decide to complete shipbuilding at the Dockyard by using doubloons, you can still progress through the Directives. However, in that case, instead of the usual rewards for completing the shipbuilding phases, you'll get 250 Steel for each completed phase. In total, you can earn up to 4,500 Steel."

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,534
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,589 posts
17,792 battles

So the event is pretty interesting that you can strait up buy steel... dang that is tempting. (I am assuming you complete all the phases as well)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,758
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
2 minutes ago, paradat said:

So the event is pretty interesting that you can strait up buy steel... dang that is tempting. (I am assuming you complete all the phases as well)

Shame Odin itself is an iffy investment, especially if you already have multiple German premium BBs.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,689
[PVE]
Members
20,164 posts
13,059 battles
3 minutes ago, Primace said:

but it did not exclude the opportunity I propose

it either confirm nor unconfirm

WG has not said that Odin will be available for cash in the premium shop. It may OR may not. WG usually doesn't release that info early. Since the last Dockyard ship did not have a cash premium shop option, I would not count on Odin having one.

 

3 minutes ago, paradat said:

1) No, You get steel for each ship building phase except the last two (18 out of 20 of them) that you complete not directives (6 of them) 

2) Yes.

1 minute ago, KilljoyCutter said:

"You can purchase all the shipbuilding phases in exchange for doubloons and receive all the available rewards without waiting. If you decide to complete shipbuilding at the Dockyard by using doubloons, you can still progress through the Directives. However, in that case, instead of the usual rewards for completing the shipbuilding phases, you'll get 250 Steel for each completed phase. In total, you can earn up to 4,500 Steel."

@paradat, you have to buy the phases with doubloons first AND then complete Directives to get the steel. See KillJoyCutter's quote from this article.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/hamburg-dockyard/

 

2 minutes ago, paradat said:

So the event is pretty interesting that you can strait up buy steel... dang that is tempting. (I am assuming you complete all the phases as well)

Yes, you have to spend the doubloons on Odin, before you complete Directives, to have the Directives give steel.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,728
[WOLFG]
Members
12,668 posts
11,787 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

WG has not said that Odin will be available for cash in the premium shop. It may OR may not. WG usually doesn't release that info early. Since the last Dockyard ship did not have a cash premium shop option, I would not count on Odin having one.

 

 

 

If WG was to have the Odin in the premium shop for less than $140, it would remove the reason to pay the doubloon price.  It would be lower if you used the boosters, but it would still be much higher than a tier 8 premium is.  Offering it for less than the doubloon price would actually take money out of WG,s pocket.

WG may make mistakes, but they don't make that kind of mistake.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,689
[PVE]
Members
20,164 posts
13,059 battles
Just now, DrHolmes52 said:

If WG was to have the Odin in the premium shop for less than $140, it would remove the reason to pay the doubloon price.  It would be lower if you used the boosters, but it would still be much higher than a tier 8 premium is.  Offering it for less than the doubloon price would actually take money out of WG,s pocket.

WG may make mistakes, but they don't make that kind of mistake.

 

If WG puts Odin in the premium shop for cash, it will be for a LOT of cash I think, as it would likely allow steel rewards then. Or you would still have to spend the doubloons to get the Dockyard rewards so that you get steel for completing the Directives. No way is steel going to be sold cheaply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,534
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,589 posts
17,792 battles
20 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Shame Odin itself is an iffy investment, especially if you already have multiple German premium BBs.  

 

Yeah also pretty expensive price if you are thinking just the value of the steel. As far as Odin goes I am all in lol. The ship looks very interesting to me and I do have all of the German premium BB's. 

Just like the PR event it is a choose your price event but with less rewards and a smaller  scale. So for me $54 (two boosts) bucks was the sweet spot for the PR (tier 10) and in this event it looks like it is $32 (starter pack 8k dubs for the first 8 phases) for the Odin (tier 8). That will get me all the goodies, the two ships and 2000 steel (8 phases x 250 steel). Sounds like a deal.

So the rules are simpler and the article is better but really as far as cost to value options it is right in line with the PR just scaled down for tier 8 rewards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,534
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,589 posts
17,792 battles
11 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

@paradat, you have to buy the phases with doubloons first AND then complete Directives to get the steel. See KillJoyCutter's quote from this article.

Yeah I get that the OP stated that he pays full price on day one. So yeah you want all the steel you need to pay in full and grind in full.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,689
[PVE]
Members
20,164 posts
13,059 battles
2 hours ago, paradat said:

Yeah also pretty expensive price if you are thinking just the value of the steel. As far as Odin goes I am all in lol. The ship looks very interesting to me and I do have all of the German premium BB's. 

Just like the PR event it is a choose your price event but with less rewards and a smaller  scale. So for me $54 (two boosts) bucks was the sweet spot for the PR (tier 10) and in this event it looks like just it is $32 (starter pack 8k dubs for the first 8 phases) for the Odin (tier 8). 

So the rules are simpler and the article is better but really as far as cost to value options it is right in line with the PR just scaled down for tier 8 rewards.

I have the strong feeling that you will only get the steel rewards for the first 8 phases or 2,000 steel. See this from the article. https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/hamburg-dockyard/

Quote

You can purchase all the shipbuilding phases in exchange for doubloons and receive all the available rewards without waiting. If you decide to complete shipbuilding at the Dockyard by using doubloons, you can still progress through the Directives. However, in that case, instead of the usual rewards for completing the shipbuilding phases, you'll get 250 Steel for each completed phase. In total, you can earn up to 4,500 Steel.

4,500 steel divided by 250 per phase you complete via Directives, is 18 phases. So it appears to get all 4,500 steel, you have to buy the first 18 phases with doubloons.

So the cheapest route to 4,500 steel appears to be 8,000 dubs for first 8 phases (bought BEFORE you complete the first phase), 17,500 dubs for the next 10 phases AND you STILL have to complete ALL the Directives for those phases (all in 9.5 & 9.6) to get the steel. That still leaves you short the last two phases at 1,750 dubs each or a total of 29,000 dubs ($116) to get Odin and 4,500 steel and the steel requires grinding ALL the Directives for two patches after you outlay the dubs.  The total dub outlay is 25,500 dubs ($102).

 

 

Edit: Hapa clarified this in post #55 of this thread. https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/219728-if-i-purchased-odin-from-wargaming-premium-gift-shop-steel-or-no-steel/?page=3&tab=comments#comment-5082222

 

Edited by Kizarvexis
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,534
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,589 posts
17,792 battles
2 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

I have the strong feeling that you will only get the steel rewards for the first 8 phases or 2,000 steel. See this from the article. https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/hamburg-dockyard/

Yes agreed, I just updated my post. I am thinking I will only be getting 2k steel if I buy the starter pack and grind out all of the directives.

The only thing I am uncertain on is do I still need to buy phase 19 and 20 after I buy the starter pack and I complete all of the directives? I have a sinking feeling that I might which bumps the price up to $46.00 

Edit: OK so Hapa confirmed need to buy the last two for sure. / Edit 2 Hapa was mistaken lol.

So Hmm two choices for me. 

Grind it all and pay $ 14 at the end for all the goodies and the two ships. 

Or

Buy the starter pack and pay $32 and still grind it all for all the goodies the two ships and 2k steel. 

Got to say the steel is tempting... well played WG well played.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,378
[WMD]
Members
1,928 posts
10,964 battles
22 minutes ago, paradat said:

Buy the starter pack and pay $46 and still grind it all for all the goodies the two ships and 2k steel. 

Got to say the steel is tempting... well played WG well played.

One thing WG always manages to do well is provide some level of spending on each event that is "comfortable" for pretty much all players*. Even the PR event had Gorizia for sale at a reasonable price, which made completing directives easier. 

*Obvious exception being the F2P, and MF2P**

** Militant Free to Play, the people that show up in every thread where people discuss purchases in game, just to advertise that they don't pay for anything, or to tell people they are dumb for spending money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,534
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,589 posts
17,792 battles
Just now, VeatherVitch said:

One thing WG always manages to do well is provide some level of spending on each event that is "comfortable" for pretty much all players*. Even the PR event had Gorizia for sale at a reasonable price, which made completing directives easier. 

*Obvious exception being the F2P, and MF2P**

** Militant Free to Play, the people that show up in every thread where people discuss purchases in game, just to advertise that they don't pay for anything, or to tell people they are dumb for spending money.

Yeah, overall I am pretty happy with this dockyard event. When I looked at the Directive missions they are pretty easy especially considering how much time we have so.... the prices exactly in line with the PR event so ….. Yeah I will pay a little less and grind a little less for a reward that is a little less lol. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
176
[WPE-2]
Members
155 posts
1,270 battles
1 hour ago, paradat said:

So the event is pretty interesting that you can strait up buy steel... dang that is tempting. (I am assuming you complete all the phases as well)

technically you cant buy steel still.  you buy the odin outright with dubs and do nothing else you get no steel ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,534
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,589 posts
17,792 battles
3 minutes ago, U_NaCi_GirlK9 said:

technically you cant buy steel still.  you buy the odin outright with dubs and do nothing else you get no steel ...

Agreed. 

My plan is to pay $46 on this event. Starter pack and phase 19 and 20. Grind all of the directives (pretty easy we have a lot of time). This will reward all the goodies two ships and 2k steel. I consider that a pretty good deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
301
[TAZ]
Members
919 posts

I see you get a 10 point Captain with Admiral Graf Spee, but what level captain do you get with Odin?  The articles does not address or show in the image

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×