Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sabot_100

How many pink games for a game crash?

22 comments in this topic

[CVA16]
Members
6,456 posts
20,059 battles

I was already pink  for 2 games for a shell hit to an unseeable DD (in black smoke from my target) and was working it off in  sub battles in a DD when my game crashed as I was waiting in the queue. Finally shut my system down as it was glitchy. Turned it on this AM and I am now pink for 6 games. From the warning list, I assume it was for inactivity unless somebody rammed my inert ship. So 4 games because my computer crashed? 

[WORX]
Members
13,291 posts
20,135 battles

Zero games.

Yup, zero games if you tried to reconnect back into the match before it ends...

Fail to report back into the match, 2 game warning.

[WOLFB]
Members
3,188 posts
8,194 battles
20 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

I was already pink  for 2 games for a shell hit to an unseeable DD (in black smoke from my target) and was working it off in  sub battles in a DD when my game crashed as I was waiting in the queue. Finally shut my system down as it was glitchy. Turned it on this AM and I am now pink for 6 games. From the warning list, I assume it was for inactivity unless somebody rammed my inert ship. So 4 games because my computer crashed? 

A shell hit shouldn't have done that unless you killed him. And also how did you not see a teammate I thought you see teammates when when in smoke. 

[DAS]
Members
1,024 posts
10,400 battles

I went pink for 2 matches because of one torpedo hit on friendly BB. He didn't even die. He took 6K-7K dmg.

It was my fault, but I thought it would take more since the only team damage I ever do is sailing into people once in a while.

[CVA16]
Members
6,456 posts
20,059 battles
24 minutes ago, epojokke said:

I went pink for 2 matches because of one torpedo hit on friendly BB. He didn't even die. He took 6K-7K dmg.

32 minutes ago, Lonewolfpj said:

A shell hit shouldn't have done that unless you killed him. And also how did you not see a teammate I thought you see teammates when when in smoke. 

I did 2300 with one hit from a Georgia. DD lived. MY fault but in my defense I last saw that DD doing a drive by. He was completely hidden from me but apparently turned in behind the BB target. You can see a friendly in laid smoke but the fire smoke will hide everything except the overhead tag.   Anyway, crap happens. I wasn't really wondering about the first 2 pinks. It was the 4 more for a computer crash.

Edited by Sabot_100

[DAS]
Members
1,024 posts
10,400 battles
3 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

I did 2300 with one hit from a Georgia. DD lived. MY fault but in my defense I last saw that DD doing a drive by. He was completely hidden from me but apparently turned in behind the BB target.  Anyway, crap happens. I wasn't really wondering about the first 2 pinks. It was the 4 more for a computer crash.

In my case, the friendly BB was stuck on a sinking ship so I thought it was safe to use torps. Sadly, he got unstuck as soon as I had fired my torps.

[WOLFB]
Members
3,188 posts
8,194 battles
9 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

I did 2300 with one hit from a Georgia. DD lived. MY fault but in my defense I last saw that DD doing a drive by. He was completely hidden from me but apparently turned in behind the BB target. You can see a friendly in laid smoke but the fire smoke will hide everything except the overhead tag.   Anyway, crap happens. I wasn't really wondering about the first 2 pinks. It was the 4 more for a computer crash.

ok that makes sense. Yeah we all go pink at some-point so it is what it is.

[-A-8-]
Members
571 posts
22,901 battles
1 hour ago, Sabot_100 said:

I think it depends on if/when you were last pink. I've had it twice where the game has crashed and I couldn't get in before the battle was over. 1st time I received a warning but didn't have any pink to work off. 2nd time I had been pink earlier in the day and was given a 2 game penalty. I suspect that as you were already pink' it's why it was 4 games instead of 2.

Usually if it crashes on me I load back up and even if I had been sunk in the time it takes to get back in I don't get a penalty. I assume this is because of being in battle when the battle ends.

[CNO]
Members
6,593 posts
19,802 battles
10 minutes ago, Lonewolfpj said:

There was a low health Warspite in front of me the other day. I was sure my main battery would clear it...should have cleared it.  But one shell hit...for 300 damage...a kill...pink...and two game penance.

On the plus side, I made kraken (not including the green Warspite).  My first kraken in a BB with only 4 net kills.

Pink really is nothing to be concerned about.  It happens.  

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
25,791 posts
21,701 battles

Depends entirely on how close to pink you already were, how many games it's been since your last pink and how severe that pink was.

[CVA16]
Members
6,456 posts
20,059 battles
7 minutes ago, wildgooseman said:

Usually if it crashes on me I load back up and even if I had been sunk in the time it takes to get back in I don't get a penalty. I assume this is because of being in battle when the battle ends.

Believe me, I tried. Finally closed the game down and restarted but the computer was just glitchy. Probably need a new one.

[PVE]
Members
1,530 posts
43,398 battles
1 hour ago, Lonewolfpj said:

I BB shell hitting a DD will make you go pink.

I think if you do 10% or more damage of the HP that is left on a ship will make you go pink.

I don`t know if WG has ever made a post about what it is.

[WOLFB]
Members
3,188 posts
8,194 battles
42 minutes ago, cecill611 said:

I BB shell hitting a DD will make you go pink.

I think if you do 10% or more damage of the HP that is left on a ship will make you go pink.

I don`t know if WG has ever made a post about what it is.

Yeah I know I wasnt thinking about bb shell damage just kind of a brain fart. 

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles
2 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

Sounds like you got a cumulative discipline penalty since you were already pink. Not sure the system cares if it was team damage or AFK based on what happened to you.

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles
1 hour ago, Lonewolfpj said:

I went pink last week on an unintended double strike messing around with Donskoi in coop. Killed a cruiser and a green bot DD that was under 1k health with a stray shell from the salvo.

[CVA16]
Members
6,456 posts
20,059 battles
1 hour ago, cecill611 said:

Not sure if it is 10% of total HP or remaining HP. In this case 2300 (wish all my BB shells did that to a DD) probably qualifies for either case.

[--O--]
Members
994 posts

Being disconnected should NEVER turn a person pink, hear me out.

I understand the need for AFK to do it or quitting early "back to port" aka rage quit.

However the Server should detect if you were disconnected from it and if so then NOT place a penalty on you. A person cannot control their internet going down they just cannot for many reasons and thus should not be penalized for it.

Again AFK report fine, rage quitter also, but I always new running a business if my superintendents and foremen were on the network and when they were not, I will promise you Wargaming knows as well and a server disconnect should NOT cause pink IMO.

[CO-OP]
Members
2,331 posts
28,747 battles

Problem with that is that you can "disconnect" fairly easily if you want to, yank a cable, turn off wifi, or summon the all powerful Task Manger.

• Cool 1

[WOLF7]
Members
12,614 posts

WG doesn't care who's fault it is, your's, their's, your ISP or mother nature..... You must be punished!

It's not like pink matters anyway, until you manage to get orange and locked into co-op, it's meaningless.

[CVA16]
Members
6,456 posts
20,059 battles

Just dawned on me, the best way to work off pink is Operations where team damage is turned off. Unless you are trying to grind specific ships.

Banned
1,684 posts
11 hours ago, Lonewolfpj said:

The fire burning on a ship can't be seen through.

The OP said it was BLACK SMOKE

Edited by Nikolay_Kuznetsov_

[CLEAN]
Members
1 post
9,162 battles

I play on VPN in China, which today is very iffy.  I wouldn't try anything but Co-Op. The VPN died right at the beginning of a Co-Op battle, and I was unable to get it to work to log in before the battle ended.  That turned me pink.  No big deal, except to non-bots in the same battle (sorry).  Then a couple battles later, same thing happened again, while I was still pink. I am now turned dark orange, and now I am relegated to Co-Op.  So you can actually go all the way to getting turned dark orange just for login problems, without actually causing damage to teammates. FYI.  

Sign in to follow this