You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
VVoony

Official Youtube video for Hamburg Dockyard has misleading information?

39 comments in this topic

[CAPGO]
Members
745 posts
9,111 battles

Official Youtube video for Hamburg Dockyard might has some misleading information?

If my understanding of this event is correct, you accumulate steels only after obtaining the Odin, but their official Youtube video shows you the chronograph of how the mission is progressed with corresponding rewards and it's contradicting to the information they previously have provided

starting from 1:52, they show you how purchased directives get you 250 steels but then following directives that you complete through playing missions gets you regular rewards.

As far as my understanding goes, this is NOT how it should be? you will be getting steels only AFTER completing 20th building phase and obtaining Odins.

What am I missing? is there actual misleading info in that video?

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
56 posts
4,774 battles

This is a good question.  Beyond the question about steel, I do like that the rest of the video was fairly clear about what you'd be earning through the dockyard.  Certainly more clear than the PR dockyard event.

[--K--]
Supertester
1,590 posts
15,375 battles

From my understanding you can buy all the stages for doubloons. If you buy a stage but then complete a directive you earn 250 steel per directive. Up to 4500 plus clan bonus. 

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
15,668 battles

If you purchase the Odin early (before you get through the Directives) the rewards as you progress the Directives will reward you steel.

-Hapa

• Cool 2

[-TKS-]
Members
3,354 posts
18,312 battles

So we were able to win steel in the PR dockyard event but we can't in this one unless we shell out money to buy Odin.

WG is slowly (creeping)  lowering the amount of steel and coal players can win while increasing the cost of coal/steel ships. It's been a steady pattern the past couple of years. I mostly feel bad for new players

• Cool 2

[W-P-E]
[W-P-E]
Members
426 posts
26,084 battles

max steel option: 8000+12x1750=29000 doubloons, cost of steel would be (29000-3500)/(18x250) =5.67 doubloons/steel

best deal: (8000-3500)/(6x250)=3 doubloons/steel

regular cost: 1750/250=7 doubloons/steel

remember that you still need to play for the steel after paying and earliest to get them all is July 13 and before August 2.

• Thanks 1

[FORM]
Members
2,387 posts
13,548 battles
47 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

If you purchase the Odin early (before you get through the Directives) the rewards as you progress the Directives will reward you steel.

-Hapa

If you get the starter pack for 8,000 doubloons, does that mean you will only have to complete 12 of the 20 directives to get the Odin, and if you complete more directives, each one would give you 250 steel? 

Because if you already plan to buy the Odin (3500 db min,) the additional 5500 db means you could get up to 1500 steel (for the additional 250 x 6 directives bought,)  is that correct? 

9 minutes ago, o4x4 said:

max steel option: 8000+12x1750=29000 doubloons, cost of steel would be (29000-3500)/(18x250) =5.67 doubloons/steel

best deal: (8000-3500)/(6x250)=3 doubloons/steel

regular cost: 1750/250=7 doubloons/steel

remember that you still need to play for the steel after paying and earliest to get them all is July 13 and before August 2.

Keep mind thouhh o4x4, those numbers are all based on people completing all 18 directives too. 

Edited by TheArc

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
15,668 battles
3 minutes ago, TheArc said:

If you get the starter pack for 8,000 doubloons, does that mean you will only have to complete 12 of the 20 directives to get the Odin, and if you complete more directives, each one would give you 250 steel? 

Because if you already plan to buy the Odin (3500 db min,) the additional 5500 db means you could get up to 1500 steel (for the additional 250 x 6 directives bought,)  is that correct? 

Guys, you're over complicating this.

If you get ODIN on DAY ONE and play through the directives you will have the opportunity to get steel. (It doesn't matter HOW you purchase her).

You DO NOT, automatically get the Steel. The Steel comes from DIRECTIVE COMPLETIONS not Build levels or doubloons you spend.

-Hapa

[CAPGO]
Members
745 posts
9,111 battles
48 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

-Hapa

so then, the video is indeed misleading? because in the video, the person was getting steels even before completing all the directives.

[CAPGO]
Members
745 posts
9,111 battles
10 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

If you get ODIN on DAY ONE and play through the directives you will have the opportunity to get steel. (It doesn't matter HOW you purchase her).

You DO NOT, automatically get the Steel. The Steel comes from DIRECTIVE COMPLETIONS not Build levels or doubloons you spend.

-Hapa

I think what he is asking is, because you only need to complete 20 building phases to get the Odin, what happens if you buy the starter pack and start with 8 directives ahead? then you will be able to obtain Odin after completing only 12 building phases you earn form directives but, since completing all directives must give you 18 building phases, what would be the rewards for those extra 6 building phases you might get from completing all directives? are we still going to get steels even if we did not outright bought the Odin on the first day?

Edited by VVoony
  • Cool 1

Members
58 posts
1,641 battles
3 minutes ago, VVoony said:

so then, the video is indeed misleading? because in the video, the person was getting steels even before completing all the directives.

You'll get steel from each directive completion, not just at the end.

[FORM]
Members
2,387 posts
13,548 battles
8 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

-Hapa

@Hapa_Fodder, maybe I wasn't clear. Are you saying that buying the 8k "early" boost does not speed up getting through the directives to get the Odin sooner, by eliminating the need to complete the last 6 directives?

Or, if it does it speed it up, and you get the Odin a bit earlier - you can then still complete the last 6 directives you get steel for it.

2 minutes ago, VVoony said:

I think what he is asking is, because you only need to complete 20 building phases to get the Odin, what happens if you buy the starter pack and start with 8 directives ahead...

Yup, that's what I was trying to express. 

Edited by TheArc

Members
58 posts
1,641 battles
30 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

So we were able to win steel in the PR dockyard event but we can't in this one unless we shell out money to buy Odin.

WG is slowly (creeping)  lowering the amount of steel and coal players can win while increasing the cost of coal/steel ships. It's been a steady pattern the past couple of years. I mostly feel bad for new players

Remember, WG is reworking the daily rewards with 9.5 and Steel will now be a part of that.

It looks like they are totally re-working how steel, coal & slots are awarded.

[EQRN]
Members
2,243 posts
20,562 battles

I see people interchanging “build phase” and “directives” as if they were the same - I don’t think they are and maybe Hapa can better explain the relationship.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
22 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

-Hapa

So as long as a player completes Directives to the point where the Steel is dropped, they get the Steel, regardless of their spending.  

That's kinda what I thought from before, I wasn't sure where the whole thing about having to buy ahead or spend money was coming from -- I think people are still expecting this to be as complicated as some past events and can't quite past that, maybe?     

Thanks. 

E:  As FrodoFraggin notes, it might be confusion between the Directives, and the Dockyard's build phases.  

E2:  Ah, I see now that there's a thing with Steel as an alternate award if you pre-buy the ship?    

Edited by KilljoyCutter

Beta Testers
554 posts
12,062 battles
17 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

-Hapa

so I buy Odin from Wargaming Credit card shop

and the shipbuilding is completed? 

[BUOY]
Members
1,347 posts
16,893 battles
5 minutes ago, VVoony said:

I think what he is asking is, because you only need to complete 20 building phases to get the Odin, what happens if you buy the starter pack and start with 8 directives ahead? then you will be able to obtain Odin after completing only 12 building phases you earn form directives but, since completing all directives must give you 18 building phases, what would be the rewards for those extra 6 building phases you might get from completing all directives? are we still going to get steels even if we did not outright bought the Odin on the first day?

With just the starter pack you get up to 1500 steel if you also get all the grindable dockyard levels since you'll have gotten 6 'extra' levels.

Put another way there are actually a total of 38 dockyard levels. Levels 1-20 give their various rewards from the Graf Spee to Odin while levels 21-38 each give 250 steel.

[NSEW]
Members
2,479 posts
12,063 battles

If its anything like the original model (Puerto Rico event).  The "build phase" rewards are given per build completion.  Directives are totally different entity, entirely. 

[-TKS-]
Members
3,354 posts
18,312 battles
2 minutes ago, Mawz77 said:

Remember, WG is reworking the daily rewards with 9.5 and Steel will now be a part of that.

It looks like they are totally re-working how steel, coal & slots are awarded.

Don't get too excited. The award increments have been dropping steadily for a while. Sure steel will be part of daily awards but the amount will be so insignificant. Even daily coal rewards were slashed in half. Complete two daily missions and you get a whopping 400 coal. The average T9 and 10 coal ships cost 225 k to 245k therefore completing two missions a day contributes 0.20% to 0.25% towards those ships.
It will be the same for steel. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
20,164 posts
13,059 battles

You can purchase all the shipbuilding phases in exchange for doubloons and receive all the available rewards without waiting. If you decide to complete shipbuilding at the Dockyard by using doubloons, you can still progress through the Directives. However, in that case, instead of the usual rewards for completing the shipbuilding phases, you'll get 250 Steel for each completed phase. In total, you can earn up to 4,500 Steel.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/hamburg-dockyard/

[NSEW]
Members
2,479 posts
12,063 battles
3 minutes ago, Primace said:

so I buy Odin from Wargaming Credit card shop

and the shipbuilding is completed? 

I would assume that is the case. 

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
20,164 posts
13,059 battles
1 minute ago, KilljoyCutter said:

So there's a whole different thing with Steel?   Separate from the Steel that was part of the build progression at least at one point?  OK.  

Appears to me that you only get steel from completing Directives, if you buy the phases for Odin with doubloons first. I have been officially told that the articles have the info you need. So go there first.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/hamburg-dockyard/

If you want more clarifications, see below.

25 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

-Hapa