Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Iron_Salvo921

What line will Subs break off of?

12 comments in this topic

[UTWE]
Members
354 posts
5,605 battles

I want to grind either German BB's or DD's up to T6 so I don't have to after subs are out. Although IDK which type they're gonna branch off of. I would think DD's since the pattern with the lines is bigger ships on the left to smaller ships on the right. If anyone has that info or just an educated guess it would be appreciated.

[PVE]
Members
5,271 posts
22,432 battles
1 hour ago, Iron_Salvo921 said:

I want to grind either German BB's or DD's up to T6 so I don't have to after subs are out. Although IDK which type they're gonna branch off of. I would think DD's since the pattern with the lines is bigger ships on the left to smaller ships on the right. If anyone has that info or just an educated guess it would be appreciated.

I think they showed a concept tech tree w/them & they were off the DD line...but that might not have been a WG thing.

Thinking there as an alternate (oddly enough) off the CV line as opposed to the BB line...again...not sure if either were WG though.

Members
1,662 posts
34,209 battles

It's usually from the DD line. Most warships games tech tree from DDs to get to subs.

Examples like Warship Gunner series by Koei now Namco. I still have the entire series.

A double Yamato hull with weapons that are OP was fun to build.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,234 posts
15,378 battles

We do not know yet.

[D-H-O]
Beta Testers
1,078 posts
10,231 battles

What line will Subs break off of

The production line

:Smile_trollface:

• Haha 1

[USCC2]
Members
5,873 posts

I would guess the CV line.

Just thinking the CV is the most recent line that has polarised opinion - if you can make people have to at least try them to get to another line, you may be able to convert some?

[FUR-A]
[FUR-A]
Beta Testers
17 posts
4,860 battles
3 hours ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Just thinking the CV is the most recent line that has polarised opinion - if you can make people have to at least try them to get to another line, you may be able to convert some?

or people will just flash a credit card to unlock some free XP (or use some stored free XP) to get past the carriers to Subs. I used to enjoy Carriers before the changes that were made, it made you feel like an Air Group Commander and you could multi-task, sending out a fighter screen to protect your bombers etc. It made you have to think. Now you have to control individual aircraft.....if i wanted to go fly a plane i would play [edited] or World of Warplanes. I also never found carriers to be that much of a threat if you paid attention to your surroundings, hell, i always found the sudden wall of torps being spam  launched by stealth DDs to be a much bigger annoyance.  Now DD players complain about the same thing from subs......

*EDIT* oh look, Wargaming still hates it when you mention their competition and edit out the name.........why does that not surprise me?

Edited by Redtailfox
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
142 posts
2,534 battles
4 hours ago, _WaveRider_ said:

If it is CV's the Russians would have to have them before subs can be properly released.

Which would either mean surprise Russian CV's or a huge delay in the Russian subs. Given that a Russian sub in in the testbotes we have now I would not think that they would be delaying the Russian subs.

• Cool 1

[USCC2]
Members
5,873 posts
5 hours ago, Redtailfox said:

or people will just flash a credit card to unlock some free XP (or use some stored free XP) to get past the carriers to Subs. I used to enjoy Carriers before the changes that were made, it made you feel like an Air Group Commander and you could multi-task, sending out a fighter screen to protect your bombers etc. It made you have to think. Now you have to control individual aircraft.....if i wanted to go fly a plane i would play [edited] or World of Warplanes. I also never found carriers to be that much of a threat if you paid attention to your surroundings, hell, i always found the sudden wall of torps being spam  launched by stealth DDs to be a much bigger annoyance.  Now DD players complain about the same thing from subs......

*EDIT* oh look, Wargaming still hates it when you mention their competition and edit out the name.........why does that not surprise me?

Yes, I guess people could FXP their way past certain lines - didn't think about that.

And yes, it is a shame WG feel threatened enough to censor the name of another game. :Smile_honoring:

[USCC2]
Members
5,873 posts
5 hours ago, Vladeshi said:

If it is CV's the Russians would have to have them before subs can be properly released.

Which would either mean surprise Russian CV's or a huge delay in the Russian subs. Given that a Russian sub in in the testbotes we have now I would not think that they would be delaying the Russian subs.

Very good point! Thank you.

Maybe I am being too sceptical about WGs working practices. :Smile_honoring: Maybe.  

Members
0 posts

Personally, I think that subs should break off from destroyers, since they both are small boats, are excellent scouters, and use torpedoes as their primary armament. 

Sign in to follow this