You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ducky_shot

Make Ducky play an AWFUL ship build: Ep. 1 COMPLETED, Spotter plane, range mod Seattle

55 comments in this topic

[GGWP]
Members
7,578 posts
17,910 battles

Update 2:

So I went with Seattle for the challenge and played 3 games in it. first game was awful, the enemy team ran from my side. The other 2 games had much better opportunities to get some damage and kills.

You can watch the 3 games here on twitch. I will be uploading them to YT later. 

It was kind of a fun challenge and I can't wait to do it again next week. So be watching for a post sometime this weekend asking for some more crazy builds for me to play.

YT link: 

Update:

Entries are submitted, first 10 options are in a poll for voting here:

https://www.strawpoll.me/20288057

I will let the poll run till tomorrow evening.

Original Post:

I want to try something interesting. I want you guys to pick a bunch of awful ship builds for me to play. (I'm sure there are no shortage of people anxious to punish me in some way) Then I'll have a poll for the builds and then I will play the top vote-getting build and stream/upload to YT. 

Couple rules:

1. The build must be viable for the ship, you can't ask for a full torp build on yammy for instance or a secondary build on Worcester. The ship has to be able to utilize the skills selected. 

2. The builds do not have to be specific and list every commander skill or module, but they can. If they are not specific I will try to adhere to the build to the best of my understanding. 

3. Builds must be for a ship I have. But I have access to every tech tree ship and the majority of premiums. If someone does a ship I don't have access to I just won't include them in the voting options. 

4. It a cannot be an "anti" build. IE: You cannot ask for a non-concealment build or a non survivability build. 

Person that picks the winning build will win a prize, I think 500 dubs for this one. I'll probably do this weekly and if enough interest, do different prizes. 

I will play the ship for a couple battles and  see how awful it is or if there are things I can make work. 

GL, curious to see what you guys come up with. I'll cut it off at probably the first 10 viable entries to make it simple. 

Edited by Ducky_shot
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1

[KWF]
Members
6,367 posts
7,145 battles

Gunboat Mutsuki :Smile_trollface:.

And to be more specific, for a 14 point Commander, 

PT,LS,BFT,CE,AFT.

Edited by warheart1992

[SYN]
Members
15,968 posts
12,803 battles

Stock Fubuki with 3pt captain.

• Funny 3

[WPORT]
Members
9,821 posts
14,329 battles
19 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

I want to try something interesting. I want you guys to pick a bunch of awful ship builds for me to play. (I'm sure there are no shortage of people anxious to punish me in some way) Then I'll have a poll for the builds and then I will play the top vote-getting build and stream/upload to YT. 

Couple rules:

1. The build must be viable for the ship, you can't ask for a full torp build on yammy for instance or a secondary build on Worcester. The ship has to be able to utilize the skills selected. 

2. The builds do not have to be specific and list every commander skill or module, but they can. If they are not specific I will try to adhere to the build to the best of my understanding. 

3. Builds must be for a ship I have. But I have access to every tech tree ship and the majority of premiums. If someone does a ship I don't have access to I just won't include them in the voting options. 

4. It a cannot be an "anti" build. IE: You cannot ask for a non-concealment build or a non survivability build. 

Person that picks the winning build will win a prize, I think 500 dubs for this one. I'll probably do this weekly and if enough interest, do different prizes. 

I will play the ship for a couple battles and  see how awful it is or if there are things I can make work. 

GL, curious to see what you guys come up with. I'll cut it off at probably the first 10 viable entries to make it simple. 

Mikoyan
Set up as a secondary-battery & torpedo brawler.  :-)

The paper-mache' armor makes this challenging, merely to survive a battle.  :-D

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
24,419 posts
18,377 battles
34 minutes ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

Secondary build Kryspy Kreme.

Viable. BFT, AFT soup up the main guns (130mm) and push the range out; IFHE and/or DE make them stronger; only MFCS is wasted.

[-KAK-]
Members
623 posts
13,351 battles

Three thoughts:

1) Full secondary build on a Tashkent Kiev (AFT/BFT/Manual Secondaries, all upgrades chosen to maximize secondary capabilities. Any unused captain points or upgrades as you wish)

2) Full secondary build on a cruiser of your choice. 

3) Take one of the mid-tier American DDs (Which have poor torp range to begin with) and run a torp build which MUST include Torpedo Acceleration.

Edited by TheOmegaDuck
Corrected Tashkent to Kiev because I can't remember my Russian DDs properly.
  • Cool 1

[USN]
Members
1,632 posts
21,092 battles
Just now, TheOmegaDuck said:

Three thoughts:

1) Full secondary build on a Tashkent (AFT/BFT/Manual Secondaries, all upgrades chosen to maximize secondary capabilities. Any unused captain points or upgrades as you wish)

2) Full secondary build on a cruiser of your choice. 

3) Take one of the mid-tier American DDs (Which have poor torp range to begin with) and run a torp build which MUST include Torpedo Acceleration.

Tashkent doesn’t have a secondary, so that won’t count. Kiev on the other hand...

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
16,295 posts
4,773 battles

Woostah with MAAF, div'ed with CV.

Toilet paper camo.

Edited by iDuckman

[4HIM]
Members
3,288 posts
15,602 battles

Torp build Mutsu

Though once I ran a captain in Mustu that had TAE.  Two salvos of torps per salvo of guns.  

• Funny 1

[SALVO]
Members
3,503 posts
7,388 battles

Secondary build Perth. It can actually stay stealthed in smoke with its secondaries firing.

Edited by eviltane

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
5,066 posts
19,427 battles

Thinking about it. I have a feeling Ducky could pull a rabbit out of a hat at will. Can’t think of a build that he probably couldn’t make look easy peasy. Plenty of requests made, look forward to the replays. 

The only hurdle could think of would be to play about 2 AM central standard time. I’ve seen some doozey MM at that hour.

Edited by Capt_Ahab1776

[WG-CC]
Wiki Editor, Members
9,099 posts
7,995 battles

AA Emerald, used to do this with a friend for the giggles.

Basically you go full AFT, BFT, AA mods and most importantly: fighter plane

If you want to go full nuts, add IFHE so your secondaries deal more damage :Smile_trollface:

[SALVO]
Members
79 posts
16,712 battles

IFHE Nelson... or Thunderer. 

Secondary spec otherwise. 

Edited by ORPBury

[GGWP]
Members
7,578 posts
17,910 battles
1 hour ago, DolphinPrincess said:

Secondary build Graf Zeppelin 

Thankfully I don't have Graf zepp.... Oh wait, confound it, go away. 

• Funny 1

[GGWP]
Members
7,578 posts
17,910 battles

Well there are a valid 10 there, so I will set up a straw poll here shortly when I get back to my desktop. 

[GGWP]
Members
7,578 posts
17,910 battles

Ok, straw poll is ready to go, I'll put it in the first post as well.

https://www.strawpoll.me/20288057

I took the first 10 requests but only allowed 1 request per person (skipped over anyone who submitted multiple requests) and  disallowed the secondary Tashkent and the one requiring a div. I thought about putting it in without the div requirement but didn't want to slant anything at all, so feel free to resubmit at a later time without the div requirement.

[GGWP]
Members
7,578 posts
17,910 battles
1 hour ago, MrDeaf said:

Stock Fubuki with 3pt captain.

I actually really like this one. It requires spending very few resources!