Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Kirby

Cannot get past initial screen

8 comments in this topic

Members
62 posts
6,143 battles

Recently I just downloaded the Wargaming Game Center (because I was forced too) and  whenever I use it to play WoWS  the game loaded and for a long time it stays stuck at the "waiting for authorization" screen. I have not had this problem until I downloaded WGC. Does anyone have any solutions for this or is this common.

Included a screenshot for reference 

Screenshot (3).png

[PVE]
Members
11,071 posts
19,189 battles
32 minutes ago, Kirby said:

Recently I just downloaded the Wargaming Game Center (because I was forced too) and  whenever I use it to play WoWS  the game loaded and for a long time it stays stuck at the "waiting for authorization" screen. I have not had this problem until I downloaded WGC. Does anyone have any solutions for this or is this common.

Screenshot (3).png

Try running a file check in the WGC and make sure it (the WGC) turns off after starting the game, it uses extra resources.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Members
149 posts
5,906 battles

I'm having the same issue most of the time. I loaded the Game Center long ago, but recently (about the same time as this problem started) I keep getting an onscreen page from WG about loading the Game Center in order to play the game. You'd think WG would be able to see who had the Center and who didn't, but....:fish_palm:

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,461 posts
17,522 battles
4 hours ago, Kirby said:

Does anyone have any solutions for this or is this common.

Can you submit a ticket to CS

• Thanks 1

[WORX]
Members
13,240 posts
20,094 battles
4 hours ago, Kirby said:

Usually, this happens because of

1. Connection issues
  2. Ram starvation

So the usual remedy will be

• Conduct a 5 min cold restart of
    • Modem
    • Router
    • PC
  • Then a "check and repair" in WGC..

With any luck *baring any other problems* the issue is resolved...

Members
149 posts
5,906 battles

After posting above I went to the Game Center and hit the "Repair"/ Check Integrity  tab. That seemed to do the trick, at least for now: game loaded and ran correctly twice after that.

Gonna be a pain if we have to do that for a fix if this keeps happening, though....:Smile_sad:

Members
149 posts
5,906 battles
4 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Usually, this happens because of

1. Connection issues
  2. Ram starvation

So the usual remedy will be

• Conduct a 5 min cold restart of
    • Modem
    • Router
    • PC
  • Then a "check and repair" in WGC..

With any luck *baring any other problems* the issue is resolved...

Have been running the same connection as always (and the bandwidth available today was actually a bit better than usual, and it still happened) and I have plenty of RAM available.

The "Check and Repair" did seem to help. however.

[WORX]
Members
13,240 posts
20,094 battles
29 minutes ago, Fitzwalrus said:

Have been running the same connection as always (and the bandwidth available today was actually a bit better than usual, and it still happened) and I have plenty of RAM available.

The "Check and Repair" did seem to help. however.

Its not about running a different setup... Its about your ISP shinanigans connecting to WOWS servers (forwhich, WOWS is not responsible for).

Also, sometimes RAM doesn't reset back after you close a tab or a program... A cold reset does fix this so that you can be sure, RAM is available to be able to read the files needed to log in.

Sign in to follow this