Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Systemlord_1

Hung up on Kleber Captain skills?

8 comments in this topic

[ICO]
Members
98 posts
10,097 battles

I'm working on my captain skills for my Kleber, I'm noticing this ship is weak without the right captain skills. I'm on the fence about a couple of captain skills. Notser seems to prefer the Priority Target, Survivability Expert, Expert Marksman, Basic Fire Training, Last Stand, Concealment, Radio Location without Main Battery Reload. As everyone knows the Kleber suffers from slow reload speed (without Reload Booster) and my thought was instead of Expert Marksman, trade it out for Adrenaline Rush and skip Gun Fire Control System with the intent of bringing the fight closer in so as to not open myself up to longer range salvos from ships just waiting to punish me. It's a trade off because last night I was scoring 5000+ HP per salvo on a Yamato at long range.

I do have the upgraded French captain with skill enhancements for Expert Marksman (3 sec instead of 2.5) and Adrenaline Rush (2.5 instead of 2). Perhaps I could do and select both Expert Marksman and Adrenaline Rush and forget about Radio Location. There are times when I die and Radio Location could have prevented my death. Decisions, decisions...

I have three options,

1.  Priority Target

2. Survivability Expert

3. Basic Fire Training

4. Adrenaline Rush

5. Last Stand

6. Concealment

7. Radio Location

Or 

1. Priority Target

2. Survivability Expert

3.  Basic Fire Training

4.  Expert Marksman

5. Last Stand

6. Concealment 

7. Radio Location

Or

1. Priority Target

2. Survivability Expert

3.  Basic Fire Training

4.  Expert Marksman -3 sec.

5.  Adrenaline Rush -2.5 sec.

6. Demolition Expert +12% fire chance

7. Expert Loader

8.  Concealment

Edited by Systemlord_1

[GPORT]
Members
246 posts
14,293 battles

How about this.....give it skills based on how YOU play , not worry about min/max . 

• Cool 1

[ICO]
Members
98 posts
10,097 battles
3 hours ago, Gafwmn said:

How about this.....give it skills based on how YOU play , not worry about min/max . 

That's a simplistic suggestion, I'm afraid its more complicated. A player who wishes to ambush his prey can choose Adrenaline Rush for self preservation or Radio Location to better ambush and not get ambushed by other players. The French DD is primarily an ambush predator looking for the straggler, so not many ways you can play this ship and be effective. 

[GPORT]
Members
246 posts
14,293 battles
2 hours ago, Systemlord_1 said:

That's a simplistic suggestion, I'm afraid its more complicated. A player who wishes to ambush his prey can choose Adrenaline Rush for self preservation or Radio Location to better ambush and not get ambushed by other players. The French DD is primarily an ambush predator looking for the straggler, so not many ways you can play this ship and be effective. 

Again , like I said , set it up for your playstyle for each ship...

[ICO]
Members
98 posts
10,097 battles
2 hours ago, Gafwmn said:

Again , like I said , set it up for your playstyle for each ship...

I'm trying to start a discussion on the most effective captain skills to have for the Kleber and having other members sharing what works good for them, with that said I'm going to assume you don't pilot a Kleber.

Edited by Systemlord_1

Members
935 posts
1,351 battles

I prefer endurance and firepower:

Survivability expert, basic and advanced firing training and radio location. If more points demolition expert.

[M0F0S]
Members
11 posts
30,787 battles

my build, offensive torp and gun

pm,ifa,em,se,rl ,ce

whith meta you need rdf (hunting dd), or just play as support..

i think thats the best for kleber after 350 games

lots of loss after last nerfes, i prefer play Mogador, he's more effective whit possible 7.5 concellement.

Sign in to follow this