Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Draperk148

Why would I want Tallinn over Chapayev?

9 comments in this topic

[FFG16]
Members
31 posts
5,900 battles

I am probably missing something and comparing apples to oranges, but after playing both ships I am wondering why I would want Tallinn VS Chapayev. The Chapy handles better, seems to be better armored,  is more concealable, and the difference in AA in practice is negligible. The 180's of Tallinn don't seem to be a big boost, and the pimp my ride perm camo is meh with no option of more subdued without buying it (the quest should be for both IMO)? Can someone clue me in please?

[KWF]
Members
4,207 posts
6,355 battles

Are you firing AP most of the time with Tallinn? Do you often ambush cruisers in sub 12km ranges? That's where you shine truly. 

Tallinn afaik also has certain parts of it's armor follow the Prinz Eugen scheme, giving it extra survivability.

Edited by warheart1992

Members
242 posts
4,786 battles

Here's a helpful CC video link:

Summing it up:

1. Tallinn has armor like Prinz Eugen

2. Soviet 180mm guns are Laser-accurate and long-reaching

3. Has just about the best AP performance you can get on a cruiser (including improved autobounce angles)

It's really mostly the gun platform you're after. Soviet 180mms are incredibly accurate and are able to reliably citadel enemy cruisers from almost any range. Soviet 180mms are even known to be able to citadel battleships at close-mid range, making them incredibly potent.

Does this gun performance make any sense whatsoever when ships with 203mm guns struggle to do the same? No.

Is this what the community wants? No.

Is this what you want? Based on the video, it does seem powerful... :cap_yes:

• Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
111 posts
21,370 battles

I would not say my experience in the Tallinn is the same as Flamu's.  I would say the guns are not laser accurate, and the low DPM is kind of a drag.  I am on track to be number 1 Tallinn NA, and I can honestly say getting 100k in this boat is a lot of work.  It is maybe the first accurate russian ship in the game lol.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
111 posts
21,370 battles

My god I just watched this video.  I would really hope Flamu plays at least 40 games before he makes videos like this.  It is really pretty inaccurate.  if you get the boat, and expect  this kind of performance I think you will be wondering why you suck.  It just isn't accurate.  

• Cool 1

[KRAK]
Members
1,248 posts
14,666 battles

How did my tech tree Tallinn come with WG provided (at no cost) perma camo ?

[WOLFG]
Members
8,888 posts
7,431 battles
8 minutes ago, Ericson38 said:

How did my tech tree Tallinn come with WG provided (at no cost) perma camo ?

In the patch with the russian cruiser split, a Tallinn camo was available for Ruble tokens.

Sign in to follow this