Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
captain_fearless

Musashi coming back?

46 comments in this topic

[E-REB]
Members
37 posts
5,914 battles

Are they ever gonna bring back the Musashi as a steel, coal, or premium shop ship? I lowkey wanna get it

Also, what coal and steel ships do you guys think is gonna come in the future? I hoping for the California to come soon but last I heard the ship isn’t very good anymore

• Cool 1

[NES]
Members
236 posts
5,482 battles

I'd like Musashi. I have no interest in Missouri, but Musashi for free XP I would choose over Alaska or Azuma

[SIDE]
Members
4,939 posts

Prob not. Why would they? They just pulled JB which was from that era. You could possibly get one from a Christmas container but the drops have sucked exponentially worse the last few years. Just hang on, something amazing will come out sooner or later.

Members
12,612 posts
14,320 battles

There is the the IJN BB upcoming that has 20 inch guns. Also there is Odin and Agir are upcoming.

Not sure if Musashi will return or not since so many were sold that they were getting too numerous in battles. But I think you can get them still in Super Containers and Santa Crates. I hope for your sake that Musashi returns as it is a very nice ship.

[WPORT]
Members
9,815 posts
14,329 battles
1 hour ago, captain_fearless said:

Are they ever gonna bring back the Musashi as a steel, coal, or premium shop ship? I lowkey wanna get it

Also, what coal and steel ships do you guys think is gonna come in the future? I hoping for the California to come soon but last I heard the ship isn’t very good anymore

I'd like to see Musashi become available again.

Members
4,659 posts
45,380 battles

California not good? On what basis? Did a serious BB main sail it for 300 games? I think not.

Musashi should come back. It was a free XP ship. Never coal, never steel, just FXP.

The problem was somebody in marketing thought nobody would actually want it. Surprise, everyone got it unless you went in a coma or lost your mind.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
30,867 posts
25,982 battles
16 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

California not good? On what basis? Did a serious BB main sail it for 300 games? I think not.

California does suck.  It's been covered quite a bit.  You can see that in her values.

21kts in Colorado at Tier VII isn't fun at all.  California will be in the same tier and actually be slower.  When California goes Live, there will finally be a Tier VII BB that Colorado can safely kite.

356mm x12, Sigma 1.9 (that was upped apparently), and an awful 34 seconds reload on a BB with 20.5kts speed.  That sucks.

On 5/12/2020 at 10:19 PM, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Arizona provides the USN 356mm x12 experience with long reload, and is just as accurate at Tier VI.

They both have 1.8 Sigma.

Slap on APRM1 on Arizona and she has almost the same range as California.  Their dispersion values are practically the same given the range.

As a Tier VI, she also does not have the prospect of having to deal with Alaska, Jean Bart, Georgia, Kitakaze, Jutland, Fletcher, Yugumo, Missouri, nor FDG that reloads at 22 seconds with 406mm guns, etc.

I'm not saying Arizona is going to have a cake walk.  Far from it, she has to deal with Tirpitz, Massachusetts, Cleveland, Baltimore, Asashio, etc.  But she doesn't have to face the very dangerous Tier IX threats California will.

Both Premiums, Arizona is going to be cheaper.

Edit:  Musashi.  Forgot to say it, but California will be dealing with Musashi also.  Dealing with 3x3 460mm guns at 30 seconds reload.  But realistically, Musashi players will have MBM3 slotted in Slot 6, so her reload will be down to 26.4 seconds.  Sounds fun for California.

Those other Tier VII 356mm BBs also got RN BB Mega HE shells, in case situations arise that AP isn't a valid choice.  Hell, Duke of York with the 29 seconds reload, she also has improved AP bounce angles.  A lot of people forget about that little perk of hers.

On 4/21/2020 at 1:17 PM, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Colorado with her larger 406mm guns has 45 seconds turret traverse and 30 seconds reload to California's 60 seconds and about 34 seconds reload :Smile_trollface:

California is paying dearly for her "better AA" I guess :Smile_veryhappy:

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Members
4,659 posts
45,380 battles
14 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

California does suck.  It's been covered quite a bit.  You can see that in her values.

21kts in Colorado at Tier VII isn't fun at all.  California will be in the same tier and actually be slower.  When California goes Live, there will finally be a Tier VII BB that Colorado can safely kite.

356mm x12, Sigma 1.9 (that was upped apparently), and an awful 34 seconds reload on a BB with 20.5kts speed.  That sucks.

If California does, then if they want to sell it, then something gets buffed.

The test results are subjective to the tester. If a good tester, then you will see changes before release.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
30,867 posts
25,982 battles
5 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

If California does, then if they want to sell it, then something gets buffed.

The test results are subjective to the tester. If a good tester, then you will see changes before release.

The fun part was her reload used to be faster but that got nerfed a little while ago.

The bar for 356mm guns in Tier VII was set very high by KGV.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
6,503 posts
6,367 battles

Musashi is not coming back.  It is one of the most overpowered ships in the game.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[PHU]
Members
330 posts
5,973 battles

Musashi was shoved in loot boxes and joined the ranks of other premiums that won't ever be sold again in the same form it was originally sold for. You have to gamble for it in loot boxes. Same will probably happen with Jean Bart at the end of this year.

1 hour ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Musashi should come back. It was a free XP ship. Never coal, never steel, just FXP.

I bought mine with coal.

• Cool 1

[D-DAY]
Members
6,974 posts

There are a few ships worthy of note but I think WG are well aware of what they are, so will keep them nicely locked into the loot boxes.

Probably time to change the format of those loot boxes though? Anyone who hasn't got a substantial number of ships already is pretty much peeing into the wind.

The odds of winning a ship, then the odds of getting the one you're after with the hundred available - just doesn't make sense (if it ever did for me). I would hazard a guess the odds (%) of certain ships are baked into the mix too!

If you win a ship it is probably time they at least allow you to pick the tier the ship comes from. Might even get them more sales.

Edited by _WaveRider_

[PHU]
Members
330 posts
5,973 battles
8 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

Musashi is not coming back.  It is one of the most overpowered ships in the game.

For the first time I know what it's like to own a permanently pulled OP premium that's never coming back. I don't like the exclusivity feeling and it feels disgusting whenever I take it out for captain retraining.

Members
4,659 posts
45,380 battles
52 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

There are a few ships worthy of note but I think WG are well aware of what they are, so will keep them nicely locked into the loot boxes.

Probably time to change the format of those loot boxes though? Anyone who hasn't got a substantial number of ships already is pretty much peeing into the wind.

The odds of winning a ship, then the odds of getting the one you're after with the hundred available - just doesn't make sense (if it ever did for me). I would hazard a guess the odds (%) of certain ships are baked into the mix too!

If you win a ship it is probably time they at least allow you to pick the tier the ship comes from. Might even get them more sales.

I am at the point of having a lot of premiums and right now, I get a ship, it will be pretty much any that are on the list, or ones released in last year. The chances are high with me.

I agree, for players that didn't start out 5-6 years ago, it's not going to be worthwhile to get loot boxes.

Many Alpha testers still have yet to get back their kitakami that went missing. I hear many are sad. They miss the plethora of torpedoes, the screams of players that got hit by those torpedoes, and the straight up maniacal laughter. I sadly, missed that by many many months.

Make Alpha testers happy again. Bring back their kitakami.

I don't own one, but that's okay. I just don't want to see these players mope around the maps posting lost kitakami signs everywhere.

[RKLES]
Members
964 posts

To much gun caliber for Tier VII, it was a bad idea to begin with.

It was(still is )a weaker players dream.

Members
1,226 posts
5,930 battles

There is basically zero chance Musashi coming back aside from Christmas crates and other similar things. It's 95% of a Yamato a tier lower. Don't worry though, you can always get Yashima/Shikishima/whatever they are calling it now which is 66% of a Yamato at the same tier.

• Funny 1

[UNCLN]
Members
106 posts
9,389 battles

Really hope Musashi would come back, got a HSF camo for Musashi but nowhere to mount it on is simply sad.

Grinding 1,000,000 fxp is a long cycle even with econ flags on. Can't see why people claiming that can be done in monthes.

Edited by a252
Add a few missing lines back

[LEGIO]
Members
3,550 posts
8,911 battles

Ripping apart T7 BBs in Musashi is so easy it actually makes you feel guilty. The ship feels like a T10 despite the accuracy reduction from Yamato.

It was not a good idea for a T9 in the first place so I doubt it will return.

Despite the hype that the Missouri gets Musashi is easily OP while Missouri isn't.

[MISRY]
Members
935 posts
6,840 battles

I loved my Musashi. Then I finally got Yammy and Musashi was soon forgotten. 

But, 460mm guns that can see tier 7 should never have been allowed in the game. Musashi should have been a tier 10 special ship with different characteristics than Yamato. 

[PHD]
Members
271 posts
12,189 battles

I never feel dirty blowing away a tier 7 Battleship, but you know, I'm really a horrible person lol

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this