You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Markk9

The might of the Massachusetts

15 comments in this topic

[BB35]
Members
560 posts
4,921 battles

The might of the Massachusetts: AA Defense Expert, Confederate, Close Quarters Expert, Kraken Unleashed, High Caliber

Even with 201K in damage, we could not win.

cracken 1.jpg

cracken 2.jpg

cracken 3.jpg

cracken 4.jpg

• Cool 1

[G-O-W]
Members
1,099 posts
3,207 battles

That ship is a bit op. I don't play cv much but a game the other week in my Ryojo I couldn't get near the sole surviving Massachusetts. My entire squadron was smoked before dropping a bomb. One torps plane got through and landed a single 3.5k torp hit...

[SGSS]
Members
6,222 posts
6 minutes ago, USAPatriotGamer said:

I love a good battleship being named after my home state. Gives me pride.

fall River kills me.  The town motto on the sign reads "we'll try"

Have you every stayed at Lizzy Bordens house.

[IJAG]
Members
331 posts
18,234 battles
8 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

fall River kills me.  The town motto on the sign reads "we'll try"

Have you every stayed at Lizzy Bordens house.

I haven't cared about the city itself to recognize its motto. My only business there was Battleship Cove and the Maritime Museum. Yes, Massachusetts has problems but every state does. Just because there are problems doesn't mean that I shouldn't feel pride for my home state where I grew up.

[SGSS]
Members
6,222 posts
31 minutes ago, USAPatriotGamer said:

I haven't cared about the city itself to recognize its motto. My only business there was Battleship Cove and the Maritime Museum. Yes, Massachusetts has problems but every state does. Just because there are problems doesn't mean that I shouldn't feel pride for my home state where I grew up.

I loved living in Boston.  I moved there to give tours.  The motto of Fall River made me laugh at the strangeness of it.

I lived in Southy and 1 mile from the USS Salem. And the first Dunk in Donuts!

Fall River at one point was a huge port and not its...well....

Battle ship cove was the first place I took my newborn on an outing.  The inside of the ship was very I teresting with all the moddles and the silver set.  It still stands out to my how big that silver set was.

Edited by jags_domain

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,306 posts

I have a question. I see a lot of Massachusetts on t8 games.

I dont see Lenin, i barely see Roma.

Are they worth of buying?

I not used to BBs as i main play as CV and sometimes Crusers.

Was looking to buy Massa and maybe Lenin... but i dont see many so i am in doubt as i am targeting Amagi (ignis imperator) too.

Are they all good?

Amagi, Roma and Lenin?

[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,922 posts
10,311 battles

Good Bote

[BONKS]
Members
2,861 posts
52 battles

According to some CCs the only reason why Massa is not being removed from the shop due to overperformance is because no one is calling WG out on how overpowered she is.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[HELLS]
Members
2,848 posts
31,619 battles

The problem with Massachussetts is not that she is OP (IMHO she is not), but that the main guns cannot cope when she is uptiered against T10s that know how to pummel her from outside her main gun range. She comes into her own at detection range, which is only 1 km more than her secondaries when she is configured in a secondaries build. To get the most out of her you need a 19-point captain. You don't need manual secondaries. Massachussetts is a beast in a brawl, but beware anything with torpedoes. 

I never bother with Russian paper boats. I do have Roma, which I managed to obtain with doubloons I had picked up in the game. Roma handles like a Ferrari, and her main guns are deadly when they connect with AP, but the high muzzle velocity equals shotgun dispersion, which can be frustrating to handle. No secondaries worth speaking about on her because WG refuses to bite on their real effectivness. The ship is best played at medium range while angled and moving at speed.

EDIT: If you have Luigi Sansonetti as a special Regia Marina captain from the RM cruiser missions grind, his special skills improve Roma's effectiveness considerably. A good fit IMHO.

Edited by GrandAdmiral_2016
  • Cool 1

[SGSS]
Members
6,222 posts
2 hours ago, Felipe_1982 said:

I have a question. I see a lot of Massachusetts on t8 games.

I dont see Lenin, i barely see Roma.

Are they worth of buying?

I not used to BBs as i main play as CV and sometimes Crusers.

Was looking to buy Massa and maybe Lenin... but i dont see many so i am in doubt as i am targeting Amagi (ignis imperator) too.

Are they all good?

Amagi, Roma and Lenin?

You and I play the same thingd.  I jave Roma when I just want to sail around and ger frustrated by not hitting anything.  Roma can be great because when you do hit you hit.  Its extreamly tanky.  

As to Mass I never heard anyone say its ok or stinks.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,191 posts
6,242 battles

Big Mamie is a beast!

Great guns + good handling + secondaries galore = a formidable enemy.

[PSV]
Supertester, Wiki Editor
889 posts
6,876 battles

It's the best solo carry ship at tier 8 imo. 

If you tryhard div with 2 Mass and a carrier you can get over 90% win rate.