Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
buzz_bomb

Mikoyan Question regarding IFHE

3 comments in this topic

[TF16]
Members
82 posts
5,653 battles

So I'm playing my Mikoyan for tokens and training my chappy captain on it who has the IFHE ability but correct me if I'm wrong but I think the ability is going to be a net negative on Mikoyan. IFHE equipped increase HE penetration from 30 to 37 mm. I browsed through a lot of T5-T6 BBs and I see only one instance in which deck armor falls in that range, usually it's below or above. Same story with the CAs never exceed 30 mm on deck. Meanwhile my fire chance goes down from 12.5% to 8.5%. Looking at the AP performance and slower reload as well I'm thinking it's more ideal using AP whenever possible. 

Members
4,083 posts
10,165 battles

180s at t5 definitely don’t need IFHE, since as you noticed there’s only one or two instances where BB deck armor falls in the 30-37mm range. At high tiers you definitely want it to pen 32mm, but at t5 you already pen pretty much everything without that you’d pen with. 

Currently I'm using my Moskva/Stalin captain with EL on Mikoyan, because the EL is somewhat useful on that long reload but mostly because it’s a 19 point captain that can earn elite commander xp, but I’m currently using my 19 point Chapy captain with IFHE on Tallinn and Bagration for the extra HE pen. I may end up switching to my Moskva captain for them, but for now the IFHE is a little more helpful in co-op with ships being bow in early on. 

[SLDS]
Members
47 posts
5,631 battles

For randoms IFHE is not worth it on Mikoyan as far as I’m concerned. For coop most of the time there’s a bot using the ship you’re playing, and Mikoyan with IFHE can citadel other Mikoyans, so that’s quite nice and will probably be a good way to farm citadel hit missions between the HE citadels on Mikoyan and the AP citadels on broadside cruisers. It’s kind of a niche use, but it’s worth mentioning.

Sign in to follow this