Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

3 comments in this topic

[SBNA]
[SBNA]
Members
86 posts
4,130 battles

I find the generic voice used in the game annoying. I spent a few years at sea, and I can tell you nobody ever sounded like a studio quality radio announcer over the 1MC. It's a small thing, but hearing a booming studio quality voice say "Battle stations!" is not anything close to the real thing. Better would be a more crackling, salty voiced, bullhorn sounding "Now general quarters! All hands to battle stations! This is not a drill".  

Other messages like "The ship is on fire!!!" or "Torpedoes!! (wherever!!)" are annoying as well. People don't yell much on the bridge of a warship. It's a surprisingly calm environment, even in stressful situations. An excited but matter of fact voiced "Torpedoes to port sir." would be much more authentic.

Let's add some real saltiness to the game (not the angry type).

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,146 posts
4,345 battles

You can turn on the radio sound effects in the audio settings. I don't use it, but it might give you what you're looking for.

Also, last time I checked real warships don't have yellow markers and audible alarms when you're about run aground, nor big green squares in the sky showing you where to go. Radio quality is an odd place to start talking about realism in this game.

And you missed the Steven Seagul captain. The ship could have been just been put into orbit via detonation and he would still sound like he was trying to go back to bed.

[SOCOM]
Members
679 posts
25,060 battles

then you would hate to be in chat with me lol. I use Voice Attack to do a lot of my work (speed changes, repair, switch ammo, maneuver,  etc) due to arthritis and the command is usually followed by sound clips or text to speech responses which I put in. And it comes out of the speakers , the head set is just for chat lol. My team mates get a kick out of the random responses.

Well then you got the animated voices of the captains, the Japanese ones go off and you do not have any idea what they are saying.

I did over 20 yrs I know what you are talking about, but the 1MC still gives me a headache lol.

Edited by Chief_SeaDog

Sign in to follow this