You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
NewbieDash

[Suggestion] Make Unique Upgrades Nerf Proof

4 comments in this topic

Members
72 posts
7,309 battles

WG seems to be nerfing quite a few UU (Unique Upgrades) to the ground.

While the intentions might be good, but the measures are BRUTAL to those who grinded hard for the UU. 

Really, I would humble suggest that WG focus on buffing weak UU's, and leave the stronger ones AS THEY ARE. 

-For the very same reason WG did not nerf Giulio Cesare into T6. 

-People GRINDED hard (UU campaign / Research Bureau) to earn certain upgrades

-People even PAID in last year's April fool's event to get certain upgrade. 

I would not claim to be some sort of elite, but I do play a fair bit of competitive including KotS, owned 250+ ships, and contributed slightly to supertesting ships. 

From my understanding, Yamato/Zao/Moskva/DM/Groz UU are some of the strongest, and even theirs DO NOT deserve much nerf. 

Make it so that UU should moderately outcompete existing upgrades, albeit just very slightly. 

-Nerfing UU upgrades, even a slight one, might really screw up with player's effort of easily >50-100 games and even REAL-MONEY purchases. 

-With the UU now sold in Research Bureau, they share the same valuable resource as a RB reward ship, and should be heavily considered to be mostly nerf-proof, the same way as any premium/reward ships. 

And seriously, if UU has been behind such a high grind/pay wall all along, why not just make it slightly pay/play to win? 

Would be a win-win for WG's marketing, and players would feel rewarded to have a nice UU after all the efforts :D

f1a9bb1a-52dd-11e9-bbc1-38eaa735f4cc_120

Edited by NewbieDash
  • Boring 2

Members
72 posts
7,309 battles

Shima/Yueyang UU buffs obviously welcomed. Henri UU is very well designed IMHO :-)

Would also suggest that Montana/GKUR/Hinden UU's buffed instead of nerfed. These poor ships are already suffering.

Could seize the chance to use UU to buff them, they really need a boost instead of a side-grade

For balancing, Subs/CV's are still quite the issue, would love to see more rewarding interactions, especially on nerfing their spotting for the team & making misplays far more costly. Then they could be made better as 1v1 ships without being OP. 

Pre-Dreadnoughts are always nice, would love to see future game modes on them! TONS of historical ships!

Make WW1 ships GREAT AGAIN! #PREDREADNOUGHT

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,253 posts
11,723 battles
1 hour ago, NewbieDash said:

WG seems to be nerfing quite a few UU (Unique Upgrades) to the ground.

While the intentions might be good, but the measures are BRUTAL to those who grinded hard for the UU. 

Really, I would humble suggest that WG focus on buffing weak UU's, and leave the stronger ones AS THEY ARE. 

-For the very same reason WG did not nerf Giulio Cesare into T6. 

-People GRINDED hard (UU campaign / Research Bureau) to earn certain upgrades

-People even PAID in last year's April fool's event to get certain upgrade. 

I would not claim to be some sort of elite, but I do play a fair bit of competitive including KotS, owned 250+ ships, and contributed slightly to supertesting ships. 

From my understanding, Yamato/Zao/Moskva/DM/Groz UU are some of the strongest, and even theirs DO NOT deserve much nerf. 

Make it so that UU should moderately outcompete existing upgrades, albeit just very slightly. 

-Nerfing UU upgrades, even a slight one, might really screw up with player's effort of easily >50-100 games and even REAL-MONEY purchases. 

-With the UU now sold in Research Bureau, they share the same valuable resource as a RB reward ship, and should be heavily considered to be mostly nerf-proof, the same way as any premium/reward ships. 

And seriously, if UU has been behind such a high grind/pay wall all along, why not just make it slightly pay/play to win? 

Would be a win-win for WG's marketing, and players would feel rewarded to have a nice UU after all the efforts :D

f1a9bb1a-52dd-11e9-bbc1-38eaa735f4cc_120

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!! If it's in the research bureau, nerfing absolutely needs to be on the table. The UU can NOT be  direct upgrades to the performance of the ship. If the RB becames any kind of pay-to-win, the game dies, PERIOD!!! There was a massive player revolt several months ago about this very thing when RB was still called Naval Training Center. Players that never rage post came on to post angry messages about it, and what you are suggesting would be basically making it THE EXACT THING THE ENTIRE PLAYER BASE CAME OUT AGAINST! It turns the benefits of the research bureau into a wall blocking entry to new players, as well as a mandatory pay grind for anyone who wants to be able to win now in competitive. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members
72 posts
7,309 battles
9 hours ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!! If it's in the research bureau, nerfing absolutely needs to be on the table. The UU can NOT be  direct upgrades to the performance of the ship. If the RB becames any kind of pay-to-win, the game dies, PERIOD!!! There was a massive player revolt several months ago about this very thing when RB was still called Naval Training Center. Players that never rage post came on to post angry messages about it, and what you are suggesting would be basically making it THE EXACT THING THE ENTIRE PLAYER BASE CAME OUT AGAINST! It turns the benefits of the research bureau into a wall blocking entry to new players, as well as a mandatory pay grind for anyone who wants to be able to win now in competitive. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I don't quite get your logic. Not a huge fan of RB or P2W myself either, but if people devoted time & money, shouldn't they be rewarded with something as promised? 

Maybe you rarely pay or grind for something, but I bet that for whatever you have, you won't want to see them nerfed to the ground after you honest work, right? 

UU is often worth an ENTIRE LINE of work. 

Also, 

You do realize that even the best UU's are not really mandatory up to typhoon/hurricane matches, right?

I do play in such matches, and I won't say that the current UU's are anywhere near mandatory in CW, and you could always bring those which do not need UU to be optimal (Venezia, Kreml, Daring, Henri, Hinden, Ohio, Smolensk... there r just so many of them)  

And if players want to take on even more important roles (KotS for example), the UU requirements are not that high to begin with.