Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
darkgriffin_24

Deckguns for submarine and depth charges for CL's

3 comments in this topic

Members
4 posts
6,038 battles

Submarines need a working player control deck gun with Ai anti-aircraft machines guns. They were really on the machines during the war so why are they not on submarines now. Yes I know they will not be as strong as the other guns, well most subs deck guns will not.  A few might such as the Japanese 140mm guns on their super subs or the German/ Japanese 20mm anti aircraft guns on some of their later subs. Those are just examples and I am sure the people in charge have the designs for those submarine designs. Another question? Why were a few Light CL allow to use depth charges when you can clearly see them on the models of ships that have them? CL that have Charges should have working depth charges. DD are overworked as it is already.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
8,505 posts
24,628 battles
3 hours ago, darkgriffin_24 said:

Submarines need a working player control deck gun with Ai anti-aircraft machines guns. They were really on the machines during the war so why are they not on submarines now. Yes I know they will not be as strong as the other guns, well most subs deck guns will not.  A few might such as the Japanese 140mm guns on their super subs or the German/ Japanese 20mm anti aircraft guns on some of their later subs. Those are just examples and I am sure the people in charge have the designs for those submarine designs. Another question? Why were a few Light CL allow to use depth charges when you can clearly see them on the models of ships that have them? CL that have Charges should have working depth charges. DD are overworked as it is already.

1st of all TY (& +1) for clarifying the answer to those question w/those key words...many have asked why there's no workable AA or guns on subs in the test mode & those key words just allowed me to figure out the reason why...

The test mode is only T6 & those earlier ships wouldn't have had them (or at least not significantly big enough ones to matter) yet.

As for why only limited ASW...my thoughts*** is they want people to be able to survive long enough in subs for them to at least get the basic mechanics down so they can get some actual test data about actual sub play from some other people than the 1s that have already been testing them.

I'm also expecting more ASW countermeasures to be tested in subs (while still having a limited amount of ASW) for the same reason...so they can get data on how those mechanics will work w/out the subs getting killed before they can get any of that data.

Also...even at T6 they may include some basic sub AA to counter planes (or not) & then...

After all the testing w/subs in a hard to kill environment they will add in the ASW to all the ships that have it modelled & also plane consumables w/ASW option (which you will still need to choose between fighter & spotter options...maybe) so that all (or at least most) ships will have a direct ability to interact against subs in a 1 vs 1 scenario in endgame scenarios in a final testing mode before releasing it on the main server.***Everything between the ***-*** falls under the "my thoughts" statement given above...no insider info...just speculation...& possibly higher tiers w/working guns may even be added in future tests but you will need to grind out & play a certain amount of lower tier subs in those tests to be able to get the higher tier ones to test out.

Basing these hypothesis on how downright OP the CVs were in 0.8.0 & how slowly but gradually the AA (along w/other mechanics) was (eventually) buffed so that CVs had an "easy" mode to test them in so people could learn the basics 1st before they "somewhat" eventually "balanced" them.

I also expect subs to have a certain "unbalanced OP" period (not as drastically OP as CVs in 0.8.0...but just a little bit of OPishness) when they are 1st released so premium sales will be  boosted for a little while before they make some "blanket" nerfs (to "all" subs...not just the premiums of course) to "balance" them before all is said & done.

(All uses of the term "balance" [w/the quotation marks] are used in the context of somebody mockingly holding up their hands & making the "quotation marks hand gestures" to indicate that whether any of those things are actually balanced is subjective to differing opinions but are not intended to turn this thread into another endless debate about each individuals reasoning as to why they believe they are/are not/never can be/etc etc etc...so please just stick to your opinions of the OPs thread & don't derail it w/any of that endless nonsense :-)

Sign in to follow this