You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

Hamburg Dockyard: Directives Deadline Approaching!

123 comments in this topic

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
15,629 battles

How to build cruiser Admiral Graf Spee, get a discount on battleship Odin, and gather all the available rewards! Read on for detailed instructions!

Read it on the portal
  • Cool 1
  • Meh 4

Members
341 posts
19,385 battles

If you already have flag_Germany_18970d883c7758b53538983bd09premium_1114542bcd311c388080eea3a4d54a7eVI Admiral Graf Spee in your Port, you will receive compensation in the form of credits

feel sorry for those who already have Graf Spee :fish_aqua:

• Cool 8
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 1

[MOOW]
[MOOW]
Members
757 posts
26,584 battles
Just now, Wingslinger said:

Didn't we get 110,000 Coal for completing Odin on the PTS?

Placeholder.

[HEAVY]
Members
7 posts
17,189 battles

Credits are fine for some of us, got Graf Spee free as part of a challenge a couple of years ago.  Would be a bummer if I paid cash though...

• Cool 3

[STAR]
Members
4 posts
7,218 battles

i really like this event but the only problem (and a big one) is how bad Odin is and i dont know if i will spend my time to grind for the ship and not for just the progress rewards.

• Cool 6

[PAK]
Members
139 posts
36,079 battles

If you use the starter package what is the max Steel you can get? How much dubloons do you have to spend with the starter pack etc to get Odin on day one?

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,250 posts
11,717 battles
Just now, Wingslinger said:

Didn't we get 110,000 Coal for completing Odin on the PTS?

That was a stand in for the ship itself, which you couldn't actually get on the PTS.

[ERK]
Members
38 posts
36,794 battles

So if I purchase the starter pack and finish all of the directives, do I get the Odin and 1500 steel (6 x 250) or 2000 (8 x 250) steel?

• Thanks 1

[PVE]
Members
13,925 posts
29,348 battles
10 minutes ago, Diison said:

If you use the starter package what is the max Steel you can get? How much dubloons do you have to spend with the starter pack etc to get Odin on day one?

It says the max steel you can get is 4500

[N-F-H]
[N-F-H]
Beta Testers
20 posts
7,520 battles

Not very excited about this.

1. Already have the Graf Spee, and have enjoyed it for years.

2. The last "shipyard" event was so heavily in favor of those who spend money, it was demotivating since my budget is too limited.

• Cool 15

Members
165 posts
6,168 battles

LOL! 90% discount? I don't think you guys know what a discount is. The market value YOU set for a T8 BB is about $50 which, with a 90% discount, turns into $5. Instead you price it at $14 and pretend like the ship is worth $140. $140 is the cost of finishing the event, not of Odin herself. That's like a store that hikes up the price by a 100% then announce "50% DISCOUNT - 1 DAY ONLY" to boost their sales at full price. In some countries stores like that get fined.

This isn't new to WG, though. They regularly release news articles titled "Ship Discounts" when the discount is on a bundle with flags and a 10 point commander that costs more with the discount than the ship alone. For a customer interested in the ship, this is a negative discount. As I said: WG has no idea what a discount is. What a joke.

Edited by Baritone4
  • Cool 27
  • Funny 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

[ERK]
Beta Testers
37 posts
18,701 battles

I will be doing this for the rewards on the way but even though I would like the Odin, no way I am spending real $$$. The ship(s) should be free as a reward for completing the mission and NOT as a way to suck in people to give Wargaming more $$ than they already do. For those that want to spend their money on this hobby/game and donate to Wargaming upper management, feel free to spend willingly and often. ;-)

• Cool 5
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles

@Hapa_Fodder, considering Odin is a requirement for some of the directive missions, will it be purchasable at the start of the event in the Premium Shop?

[PRT]
Members
126 posts

Directive 19 and 20 cost 3500 doubloons and they say we will get 90% discount on 18, so odin will be on premium shop

If Kii is the most expensive BB there and cost 13.400 doubloons, with 90% discount she will cost 1340 doublons if odin follows the same price it will come out with 1340 as well

We will pay 3500 for 10k coal and a crapcamo?

• Cool 1

[AUG]
Members
30 posts
7,979 battles
33 minutes ago, TOM_1125 said:

Credits are fine for some of us, got Graf Spee free as part of a challenge a couple of years ago.  Would be a bummer if I paid cash though...

Eh - I'm not bummed out. Free camo, some silver, a commander and some coal are decent things to get for basically just playing the game the way I normally do.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 2

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
15,629 battles
17 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

@Hapa_Fodder, considering Odin is a requirement for some of the directive missions, will it be purchasable at the start of the event in the Premium Shop?

Every single build level is 1750 doubloons, if someone wants to just skip the directives and purchase her, yes, they will be able to on day one.

However, you can play through the directives across the 8 weeks that the DY is available and purchase her anywhere from day one 35,000 doubloons down to 3500 doubloons.

-Hapa

• Meh 4

[DRHS]
Members
433 posts
20,701 battles
37 minutes ago, TOM_1125 said:

Waaaaay Back around Christmas a few years ago I did PAY CASH for the Graf Spee. So yeah I'm getting screwed. Every other event where a ship was offered thru an event that was a premium that was already owned, the compensation was in Doubloons. This time it's in credits. I understand that MANY players earned the GS thru an event. But those of us that DID BUY it are getting screwed. Come on WG just go thru all that data you collect and give those who actually BOUGHT the ship Doubloon compensation. We know you have that data, just set one drone to parsing the data and get those that PAID for it doubloon compensation.

• Cool 10
  • Boring 4

[PAK]
Members
139 posts
36,079 battles

Hapa Fodder doesnt the starter package reduce this cost some?

[DOG]
Members
1,300 posts
13,482 battles

Looks like the special camos include a bunch of guys standing on the deck in formation.  Is that just in port?  Or do they stay there when you're playing the ship, and there's an animation of them getting knocked over the side when the turrets rotate?:Smile-_tongue:

• Funny 2
  • Boring 1

Members
2,000 posts
28,681 battles
12 minutes ago, BarronRichthofen said:

Waaaaay Back around Christmas a few years ago I did PAY CASH for the Graf Spee. So yeah I'm getting screwed. Every other event where a ship was offered thru an event that was a premium that was already owned, the compensation was in Doubloons. This time it's in credits. I understand that MANY players earned the GS thru an event. But those of us that DID BUY it are getting screwed. Come on WG just go thru all that data you collect and give those who actually BOUGHT the ship Doubloon compensation. We know you have that data, just set one drone to parsing the data and get those that PAID for it doubloon compensation.

Too many addicts whales baying to toss $$ into WG's coffers to motivate WG to do the right thing. As long as the cash flows in, the generosity / good faith aspect of this company recedes awayyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

• Cool 5
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 2

[UNHLY]
Members
3,243 posts
25,302 battles

OK if I finish Dockyard I get Odin OK great, also get Graf Spee for the third time technically, second time got compensation ( doubloons or credits cant remember to far back ) and Captain and second Premium camo .

Third once again compensation, Captain and third Premium camo, so WG you couldn't just make a new second ship that no one has if your so keen to give us 2 ships.

Love the Graf Spee  but gee come on I would say there are quite a few players here besides me on there third Graf.

Or alternatively have two secondary ships and give players choice which one they would like. 

• Cool 4

Members
341 posts
19,385 battles
24 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Every single build level is 1750 doubloons, if someone wants to just skip the directives and purchase her, yes, they will be able to on day one.

However, you can play through the directives across the 8 weeks that the DY is available and purchase her anywhere from day one 35,000 doubloons down to 3500 doubloons.

-Hapa

One may purchase Odin at the beginning with 8 000 + 1 750 x12 = 29 000 doubloons, rather than 35 000.

• Cool 1

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,306 posts
1 hour ago, Klaus_Conqueror said:

feel sorry for those who already have Graf Spee :fish_aqua:

I have her since 2018, my mobile company gave her last month, i got credits, so i had at least 50% of my Tirpitz. It is good to have credits.

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
15,629 battles
Just now, Klaus_Conqueror said:

One may purchase Odin at the beginning with 8 000 + 1 750 x12 = 29 000 doubloons, rather than 35 000.

I wasn't talking about the discount bundle at the beginning, so yes, however, I will not be surprised if people "don't know" about the discount bundle when it comes up essentially.

But again every build level is 1750 doubloons.

-Hapa

• Meh 1