Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
tankmaster2003_hero

lol feels like weekend MM everyday now that everyone's home 24/7

20 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
18 posts
2,737 battles

Does playing in the morning like 8-10 help? I don't really know why it would but does anyone see better teams at those times? Also, I'm by no means a competitive player, my WR is only 49%, but I still wanna play the game without sighing in disappointment so very often. Every game has bad players, no use in complaining. But you best believe I'm gonna try and find any way to avoid them lol. 

Edited by tankmaster2003_hero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,796
[SOFOP]
Members
2,489 posts
15,404 battles

There are so many new/newer players these days, its impossible to avoid.  Every game it seems has a good 50% of the people with less than 500 games.

Without any sort of skill based MM, there is no way to separate people out and even then, there probably wouldn't be a major difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,370
[WORX]
Members
13,308 posts
20,163 battles
10 minutes ago, tankmaster2003_hero said:

Does playing in the morning like 8-10 help? I don't really know why it would but does anyone see better teams at those times? Also, I'm by no means a competitive player, my WR is only 49%, but I still wanna play the game without sighing in disappointment so very often. Every game has bad players, no use in complaining. But you best believe I'm gonna try and find any way to avoid them lol. 

According to statistics, your everyday player will be in the %45 to %55WR stats block...

Which means, no matter what time of day you decide to play... You'll have the majority of your games with players in this block... Now you'll see players with %44 and below, and %56 and above around %5 of your games...

However, we dont know is at what time do these blocks are more concentrated then the other? Or at what times?

So number wise, you're going to be disappointed upto %90 of the time...

Enjoy.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,796
[SOFOP]
Members
2,489 posts
15,404 battles
19 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

According to statistics, your everyday player will be in the %45 to %55WR stats block...

Which means, no matter what time of day you decide to play... You'll have the majority of your games with players in this block... Now you'll see players with %44 and below, and %56 and above around %5 of your games...

However, we dont know is at what time do these blocks are more concentrated then the other? Or at what times?

So number wise, you're going to be disappointed upto %90 of the time...

Enjoy.

 

Are you intending to say that anyone below a 56% WR is bad?  If not, I'm not entirely sure what you are trying to say with this.

Edited by Old_Baldy_One
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,370
[WORX]
Members
13,308 posts
20,163 battles
5 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

Are you intending to say that anyone below a 56% WR is bad?  If not, I'm not entirely sure what you are trying to say with this.

Interpretation is in the eyes of the beholder... I just put the numbers in perspective/context...

Current WOWS Statistics are not meant to say who is good or bad (however, you can quantify it)...

Its only meant/used to make sense of the probabilities. I think I nailed it in my O P..

 

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,796
[SOFOP]
Members
2,489 posts
15,404 battles

Not even worth it.  

 

OP:  There is no way to avoid bad players, just have to do the best you can with what you get.

Edited by Old_Baldy_One

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,324
[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,428 posts
12,692 battles
15 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Interpretation is in the eyes of the beholder... I just put the numbers in perspective/context...

Current WOWS Statistics are not meant to say who is good or bad (however, you can quantify it)...

Its only meant/used to make sense of the probabilities. I think I nailed it in my O P..

 

Ha ha your the best I just gave you a +1 or rather the laughing guy for that .

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
484
[1IF]
Banned
436 posts
1,918 battles

WG MM barfing is working overtime to give everyone an enjoyable experience. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,943
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,332 posts
14,924 battles

I has been that way for a long time, well before COVID. With a large percentage of the games population being experienced the results tend to go to the extremes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,311
[SALVO]
Members
8,276 posts
6,158 battles
1 hour ago, tankmaster2003_hero said:

But you best believe I'm gonna try and find any way to avoid them lol. 

Dude, don't avoid your responsibilities, you must teach the new guys the way of the warship.

You sink them, you farm them, you burn them all, and then sink them again, until they learn and get better at not being sunk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,835
[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
5,079 posts
19,484 battles

Generally in the A.M. you’ll find grandpa’s like me playing. You know, easy pickings LoL. Stay up later it starts transitioning to the younger crowd who’s senses are a little sharper and quicker on the draw. Stay up late and you’ll be dealing with skilled players as a whole I seem to see more of them on later in the afternoon and at night.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,433 posts
1,852 battles

Playing Random in the morning gives you matches like 1v1 DD, no DD game, 4v4 only cruisers, etc. There can be some real nailbiters when you get a game with 2v2, this can be fun if you play it right.

Playing Co-Op in the morning results with you being the only one not a bot. That's good for brawling ships like the South Carolina or the Tirpitz.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
73
[COSTA]
Members
237 posts
8,968 battles

I’m to the point of giving up on monitoring my win rate.  I finally made it to 50% overall around 1200 battles then corona happened.

My recent win rate is 41% despite my PR, XP, damage, kills, all improving.  I can’t understand why win rate doesn’t correlate at all and why I’m apparently worse now than when I first started.

My assumption is teams/MM play a big part.  My last 100 randoms I’ve been on the worse team 61 times and lost 59 of those.  What is most telling is when it was projected to be a win I didn’t lose any of those 39.

 

Edited by DM31

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,370
[WORX]
Members
13,308 posts
20,163 battles
2 minutes ago, DM31 said:

I’m to the point of giving up on monitoring my win rate.  I finally made it to 50% overall around 1200 battles then corona happened.

My recent win rate is 41% despite my PR, XP, damage, kills, all improving.  I can’t understand why win rate doesn’t correlate at all and why I’m apparently worse now than when I first started.

My assumption is teams/MM play a big part.  My last 100 randoms I’ve been on the worse team 61 times and lost 59 of those.  What is most telling is when it was projected to be a win I didn’t lose any of those 39.

 

Or Power creep...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
73
[COSTA]
Members
237 posts
8,968 battles
Just now, Navalpride33 said:

Or Power creep...

Could be, but I mostly play the newer lines.  Italian cruisers, Pan Euro DDs, and lately Pyotr Bagration/Ochakov,

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
18 posts
2,737 battles
17 hours ago, DM31 said:

I’m to the point of giving up on monitoring my win rate.  I finally made it to 50% overall around 1200 battles then corona happened.

My recent win rate is 41% despite my PR, XP, damage, kills, all improving.  I can’t understand why win rate doesn’t correlate at all and why I’m apparently worse now than when I first started.

My assumption is teams/MM play a big part.  My last 100 randoms I’ve been on the worse team 61 times and lost 59 of those.  What is most telling is when it was projected to be a win I didn’t lose any of those 39.

 

Yea my WR for the past 30 days is 47%. Not the best not the worst but the past 2 weeks is what has been really bad. The past 2 weeks is like 40%. And a lot of these games have been in either the Yammy cuz I just got it or the JB cuz I'm grinding credits for the Soviet cruisers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
18 posts
2,737 battles
19 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

Dude, don't avoid your responsibilities, you must teach the new guys the way of the warship.

You sink them, you farm them, you burn them all, and then sink them again, until they learn and get better at not being sunk.

I used to communicate with people instead of just commanding them what to do, but honestly, it feels so much more enraging when you put that little extra effort in to be a nice instructor and they still ignore you...

Also I've been trying to do all that in my Yammy cuz I just got it, but my RNG and aim in that thing stink worse than the PR PR disaster lol, I actually miss balling out in the Izumo :Smile_sad:

Edited by tankmaster2003_hero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,848
[WOLF3]
Members
30,966 posts
26,039 battles
19 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

I has been that way for a long time, well before COVID. With a large percentage of the games population being experienced the results tend to go to the extremes.

Yes, but I'll go further and say the teams have always been bad.

2016.

Another 2016 thread below where the initiator complains about the state of his teams on his return to the game.

A 2017 thread where the initiator complains about his teams.

 

It has always been this way.  People try to say things like:

"It's the Weekend Warriors."

"It's Summer."

"It's the Christmas Holidays."

Anything.  Anything to come up with a scapegoat as to why they're getting bad teams.  The simple truth is the teams have ALWAYS been bad.

On 4/5/2019 at 3:53 PM, HazeGrayUnderway said:

It's always been bad out there.  I remember people used to say things like, "It's bad out there because it's summer and the kids are out of school."

 

I had a friend, a fellow forum member here, had a sort of "crisis" because of the bad play in Randoms in Summer.

Her: "I can't handle these games anymore, these people are getting bad."

Me:  "It's not players getting worse.  They've always been bad, you just haven't paid attention to it.  People said the same about the drop of quality play during the holidays because 'The kids are out.'  But when school started again, the quality of play still sucked.  When school starts again in late summer, you'll still find it bad."

Her: "I'm going to take a break for a month and come back when school starts."

Me: "It's not going to change.  You either get numb to it and accept it, or leave because of it."

 

She leaves for the rest of summer, comes back a week or so after school starts.  PMs me, "It's still as bad as ever out there!"

Me::Smile_trollface:

That friend and fellow forum member quit in Summer 2018.  Came back in around October 2018, PM'd me as the quoted post above says, and she left again.  I haven't seen her since.

 

Snargfargle also had a thread pulling numbers and showed where in skill level the player base sits at.

On 5/19/2020 at 5:37 PM, Snargfargle said:

Look at the percentiles for this data (NA server section): http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/tableofaccounts.html

Note that the average overall WR is not 50%, it's about 48 percent. 

Approximately,

1% -- 61% WR or higher

5% -- 56% WR or higher

10% -- 54% WR or higher

20% -- 52% WR or higher

25% -- 51% WR or higher

35% -- 50% WR or higher

50%  -- 48% WR or higher

image.thumb.png.2bf620649441be1ab1d3ad9ee6254410.png

Simply put, you are always simply likely to have a bad team, because sub-50% WR is the norm.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
18 posts
2,737 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Simply put, you are always simply likely to have a bad team, because sub-50% WR is the norm.

I assumed so, how does WG ever hope to fix this. And what goes on in the minds of those people who are sub-46% WR? Are they actually having fun? Do they not realize that they're losing almost all of the time? Do they not realize that they're so atrociously bad???? sigh lol top 10 questions science still can't answer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×