Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
zzzFrostVortexzzz

ST 0.9.6, new ships

46 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,236
[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,254 posts
11,724 battles

Just at first glance, Anchorage looks like it is going to be very overpowered for tier 8. You may want to reconsider it for tier 9.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
116 posts
1,474 battles

Oh ho ho, a T8 American Heavy with American Smokes? I'm intrigued but also confused...

Munchen seems a little underwhelming to be honest, possibly a Yorck styled ship with 210s?

EDIT: American Cruiser with TORPS :O:cap_haloween:

EDIT 2: I am dumb and didn't see the expandable ship characteristics tab.

Edited by LaviKabos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,797
[KWF]
Members
6,410 posts
7,154 battles

I thought Anchorage was a tier IX when I looked at the stats :cap_book: 

Some things just don't go together, like pineapples on a pizza. USN smoke on what looks like a Buffalo at tier VIII is another.

Munchen looks like a neat cruiser, may be an interesting buy. 

As for the Tashkent test version she looks like a tier X ship to be honest, could it be Khaba may be replaced?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,236
[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,254 posts
11,724 battles
4 minutes ago, LaviKabos said:

Oh ho ho, a T8 American Heavy with American Smokes? I'm intrigued but also confused...

Munchen seems a little underwhelming to be honest, possibly a Yorck styled ship with 210s?

EDIT: American Cruiser with TORPS :O:cap_haloween:

I am more concerned about 12x203mm at tier 8. Adding in smoke and torps just puts this over the top in OP. The reload has to be insanely awful to keep this balanced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
116 posts
1,474 battles
Just now, warheart1992 said:

I thought Anchorage was a tier IX when I looked at the stats :cap_book: 

Some things just don't go together, like pineapples on a pizza. USN smoke on what looks like a Buffalo at tier VIII is another.

Munchen looks like a neat cruiser, may be an interesting buy. 

As for the Tashkent test version she looks like a tier X ship to be honest, could it be Khaba may be replaced?

I'm thinking she might not have the Buffalo guns but the New Orleans' guns similar to Wichita, which raises another point, why would anyone now bother getting Wichita...?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
753
[USN]
Members
1,643 posts
21,155 battles

Anchorage: so it’s a T8 Buffalo with Fletcher torps and an American smoke, interesting. Also this is the 3rd US T8 Premium cruiser

Munchen: that stealth though. Although this seems to use 6in guns more like Z-39’s guns rather than Mainz, so AP pen might lack a bit. Plus, I’m pretty sure this a light cruiser design from Plan Z (maybe an M-class, someone who knows more about that could clarify) so a shopping cart can probably citadel this thing if it hit the belt.

DPM wise 170k HE DPM, and 375k AP DPM, seems decent for T7 cruisers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
116 posts
1,474 battles
Just now, Shannon_Lindsey said:

I am more concerned about 12x203mm at tier 8. Adding in smoke and torps just puts this over the top in OP. The reload has to be insanely awful to keep this balanced.

Oh, I definitely agree, I'm just saying its a rather interesting idea and not one I'd personally make. Honestly they could make it T10 and I'd still have doubts but the fact that they made an American heavy has smokes AND torps is a rather new take. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
753
[USN]
Members
1,643 posts
21,155 battles
2 minutes ago, LaviKabos said:

I'm thinking she might not have the Buffalo guns but the New Orleans' guns similar to Wichita, which raises another point, why would anyone now bother getting Wichita...?

5k AP damage, these are SHS

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
116 posts
1,474 battles
3 minutes ago, tfcas119 said:

5k AP damage, these are SHS

Ya, I just checked the Buffalo stats, I'm not sure a 3.5 sec reload nerf on her guns will rein her in.

Edited by LaviKabos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,180
[PISD]
Members
1,921 posts
6,338 battles

Kinda feel sad to see a tier 8 American cruiser from a fictional design when WG could have create that concept (Heavy cruiser with smoke) with any of the Baltimore class.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
671
[SVF]
Members
1,867 posts
2,439 battles

So, WV44 when?  I'm not going to forget WG, and you seem to have had the time to come up multiple paper/fantasy designs in the 20 months since the October 2018 Facebook post.  So, *where is she?*  I grow tired of the lollygagging and silence.

Onto the ships themselves, Anchorage is a strange beast.  A Buffalo variant with torps is weird, and then I look at the reload on the guns.  Certainly paying a heavy price for those torps, the reload is terrible.  And Chicago Pianos at high tier?  Should be at least twin Bofors imo.

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
361
[-AF-]
Beta Testers
819 posts
10,939 battles
3 minutes ago, landcollector said:

So, WV44 when?  

Soon, same as USS California.  :cap_haloween:

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
498
[BUOY]
Members
1,348 posts
16,903 battles

Anchorage = USS Buffatagozov

Munchen = MiniMainz / Nurnbuff

R-10 = Object 2xx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
528
[DCMA]
Members
596 posts
11,767 battles

What the actual f is the Anchorage...?

Holy sheet that thing has American 203mm which are extremely good thanks to the totally not OP AP and very strong HE with 12 of them... That would be already stretching it out for a Tier 8 even with the Atago ish reload but then also Fletcher torpedos AND American Smoke?

WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING WG

That thing as it is would dumpsters most T9 Cruisers... Give it a heal, cut the reload a few seconds and it's a Tier 10...

Please for all the vodka in the world, don't pull out a Georgia/Benham/Massachusetts/Ohio and nerf this thing right now, those stats are stronger than most if not all Tier 9 cruisers...

  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
363
[WOLFC]
Members
545 posts
3 minutes ago, XurMP said:

What the actual f is the Anchorage...?

Best quick guess, since I'm looking to see what if any reality might be behind this is that it's the CA-A design from 1940. Although the secondary armament suggests otherwise. If/when I figure out what proposed design they're referencing, I'll post it here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
528
[DCMA]
Members
596 posts
11,767 battles
1 minute ago, Nolo_00 said:

Best quick guess, since I'm looking to see what if any reality might be behind this is that it's the CA-A design from 1940. Although the secondary armament suggests otherwise. If/when I figure out what proposed design they're referencing, I'll post it here.

I meant more in the way of what is this thing in game as it's objectively a better Bufalo but a Tier lower, I personally don't care if they add paper ships or real ones but thanks for sharing what could be the basis for this ship :cap_like:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,650 posts

I bet that they have strong AA...so we go and hurry-up to get them? Well, not this time because I start to be more than frustrated with the AA situation in cruisers and DD. Has to be buffed at once in cruisers and DD that are and have been for a while in the meta. If you want my support for this game, just fix AA in cruisers and DD that has been masivelly nerfed...

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,062
[HINON]
Members
9,008 posts
13,171 battles
58 minutes ago, XurMP said:

What the actual f is the Anchorage...?

the original Buffalo, but with a smoke and worse AA, because, iirc, when Buffalo was first in the game, it did have torps, plus if its got the same cit as Buffalo at T9, itll be deleted easily at any angle

Edited by tcbaker777
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
312
[PVE]
Members
530 posts
20,385 battles

I'm on a paper ship boycott, there's  no need for a paper American tier VIII cruiser , theres plenty  of real ships that would fit that tier. 

  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
125
[WOLFA]
Members
387 posts
22,838 battles

NA smoke (Flint one? 36 sec between charges), 12 x 203mm guns, hydro, 10km concealment, 27 mm plating, HP pool of 42k (more than Zao) and Fletcher torps with a decent reload.:cap_cool:

Maybe, just maybe a little too much? :Smile_amazed::Smile_amazed:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,754
[WOLF8]
Members
8,126 posts
6,782 battles

Ooh, so Munchen is like a mini-me version of Mainz, at Tier VII... noice.

I am interested, that's for sure... lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
389
[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,306 posts
3 hours ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

Just at first glance, Anchorage looks like it is going to be very overpowered for tier 8. You may want to reconsider it for tier 9.

Also, we need more T9 premium ships.

 

It looks cool, but California is cooler!

 

T8 has already so many ships.

 

33 minutes ago, commando_brian said:

I'm on a paper ship boycott, there's  no need for a paper American tier VIII cruiser , theres plenty  of real ships that would fit that tier. 

Paper = Ochakov! It is impossible to use her at T8, unless you are behind a BB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,584
[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,304 posts
6,280 battles

I usually don't have anything against paper ships, but Anchorage? WG, please, we have a VERY large number of US cruisers in the game while I can count the list of historical designs remaining that fit the game's timeline on one hand. Could we maybe focus a bit more on those? Juneau? Northampton? Fargo? Oregon City? Pensacola as-built with torps? Anyone? Bueller?

  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
206
[CS7]
Members
320 posts
5,640 battles
3 hours ago, landcollector said:

Onto the ships themselves, Anchorage is a strange beast.  A Buffalo variant with torps is weird, and then I look at the reload on the guns.  Certainly paying a heavy price for those torps, the reload is terrible.  And Chicago Pianos at high tier?  Should be at least twin Bofors imo.

Very strange.  A hull Buffalo with B hull rudder shift, no heal, much slower reload, no radar, 2 smoke charges and weirdest of all...upgraded Fletcher torpedoes with fast reload at tier 8.  :Smile_amazed:  It's crazy enough it just might work, and it certainly isn't boring (like some think Wichita is, though I quite like her).  Hoping this leaves room for an interesting Oregon City premium/special at T9.

   

Edited by Maddau

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×