You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
soupflakes

Opinions for a Newb

12 comments in this topic

[RSL]
Members
31 posts
2,584 battles

So. I ALMOST have enough coal for something. Let's hear your opinions. I'm leaning toward Mr. Kutnezov or however you spell that. Because I'm loving the Russian ships. The coal ships dont excite me. I love my Massey and alabama and have way more fun in tier 6 to 8 battles than 8 to 10. I just unlocked the Vlad. What are your opinions?

Keep in mind I'm very much a casual player, so itll be a LONG time before I get enough coal again to get something else.  Thanks guys!

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,461 posts
17,516 battles

The best option for you is to grind the Russian line as much as you can, based on your pace, tier 5 Kirov, because after the .9.5, the Kirov become Premium Ship = WoWs lah!!

If you really want to spend your coal, buy the t6 English bb = matched to your play style t6-t8

• Cool 1

[FML]
Members
4,163 posts
16,112 battles
2 hours ago, soupflakes said:

So. I ALMOST have enough coal for something. Let's hear your opinions. I'm leaning toward Mr. Kutnezov or however you spell that. Because I'm loving the Russian ships. The coal ships dont excite me. I love my Massey and alabama and have way more fun in tier 6 to 8 battles than 8 to 10. I just unlocked the Vlad. What are your opinions?

Keep in mind I'm very much a casual player, so itll be a LONG time before I get enough coal again to get something else.  Thanks guys!

The Kunetzov captain is probably the strongest captain in the game, so getting him is a solid choice.  

But I also agree with @ObiphanKenobi and you should go all-out to get the T5 soviet cruiser Kirov ASAP as its about to turn into a (free) premium ship.  So is the T10 Moskva, but that's a lot longer grind to get in the time available.  

Otherwise, if you are interested in a discussion on what premium ships are good value for newer players can be found on my New Player Guide Premium Ships for New Players

Good luck and enjoy!

• Boring 1

[A-I-M]
Members
4,084 posts
15,213 battles
5 hours ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

If you really want to spend your coal, buy the t6 English bb = matched to your play style t6-t8

Warspite is not a coal ship. Nor is Queen Elizabeth.

• Cool 1

Members
365 posts
4,232 battles
26 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Was gonna say, theres no English BB for coal besides Thunderer

[FML]
Members
4,163 posts
16,112 battles
32 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

5 minutes ago, Raven2303 said:

Was gonna say, theres no English BB for coal besides Thunderer

Sometimes it is.  They are rotated through the armoury...

[A-I-M]
Members
4,084 posts
15,213 battles
4 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Sometimes it is.  They are rotated through the armoury...

To this date, “sometimes” has been “never” for the Warspite.

[FML]
Members
4,163 posts
16,112 battles
11 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

To this date, “sometimes” has been “never” for the Warspite.

Are you sure? Source? I thought I had seen it there.  Will check when I am out of battle. 

Edit: Seems I was looking at the wrong part of the Armoury - its in the doubloons section.  Sorry.  

Edited by UltimateNewbie

[RSL]
Members
31 posts
2,584 battles

So I actually did that. I've researched the Kirov because I've heard it's becoming premium.  Thanks for the input. Even as a casual I've made it to rank 5, I dont know if I'll make it higher before the end.  I'm really leaning toward that kutznezov dude. I have so many ships I already like I dont see getting another premium ship. I've got west virginia. Kirov. Mikoyan. Love the Sinop. Massy.  Alabama.  Thanks for the input all!

I'm going to at least get the montana to get 1 tier 10, but I have really been hating tier X. I understand the way people play. But i hate it. It's a bunch of kiting around in the back long range sniping. It's boring as hell to me  tier 6 to 8 I have the most fun in. 

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,461 posts
17,516 battles
9 hours ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

my bad, i was thinking about the Nelson, but she is t7 .......

[A-I-M]
Members
4,084 posts
15,213 battles
1 minute ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

ppsshhh ... Nelson :cap_like:

And Nelson is Free XP, and T7 to boot.

Anything else you want to recommend to the OP that he can’t do, there, Cap?