You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

Never in Five Year Have I Seen...

30 comments in this topic

[CNO]
Members
6,590 posts
19,798 battles

....a team snatch defeat from victory in so many ways as this game.

We were up on points and caps and ships.  Just defend for an easy win.  I PLEADED in chat...just defend.  They gotta come to us.

Nope...our team lemming'd against reds that were literally sitting static in a losing position until the odds were even.  Don't blame them...why attack if you don't need to...if our team is going to continue to feed you in a losing position. 

Even when ship odds were even, we could still win...just make them come to us.  Nope..had to just keep on shooting.  And the ship odds went against us.

But even in the end...we had racked up such a points lead, our last two ships could have just run away for an easy win.  I pleaded again.  just stop shooting...go silent.

Nope...gotta keep engaging.  No...not only that...go broadside for citadel city. 

Down to one ship.  Less than sixty seconds.

And we can still win if they just hide.  Pleading in chat again...to no avail.

Nope, let's run out...shoot against three ships...and die...with 20 seconds left and a massive points margin.

I've been parts of steam rolls, both sides.  I've seen mistakes made here and there in games.  Seen the one or two stupid moves that loses the game.  But never have I seen so many ways to win squandered, one after another, in the same game.   Almost like the team wanted to lose, and any time we got in a good position they just worked as hard as they could to undo it.  

shot-20_06.05_00_19.31-0951.thumb.jpg.5e51d1ba70b1517fb0406b853b7d242b.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[BUOY]
Members
1,338 posts
16,872 battles

Your last teammate throwing away a Solo Warrior... BIG OOF! My sympathies. 

[HINON]
Members
8,993 posts
13,152 battles
18 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

i present to you all, one of the reasons Coop mains exist

• Cool 5

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
5,071 posts
19,434 battles

Ouch

if it makes you feel any better, was on a team that was at the 999 point and lost a couple ships within one second on opposite side of epicenter mode. Then ended up losing. Ship happens.

Members
4,678 posts
45,486 battles

That had got to be the most frustrating thing to ever witness.

After you advised them to do things that obviously make sense, only for them to ignore it and for what reason I wonder?

It would help all of us the context of whether these players actually responded in chat about what you said. It would be interesting what's they said. It would be mind blowing if they had chat switched off.

Because that is exactly why I stopped bothering with Randoms.

And that seems to be the prevailing reason among Randoms players that play co-op recently. They are disgusted by the game play. They hate having 8 or 9 losses in a row.

That sort of thing eats away at your character. It goes against a person's nature to play and lose so much, because noone on the team would listen to reason.

This is the underlying issues with Randoms game play. Maybe it's a new influx of players that ran up the tiers like a rocket without properly learning ships of that tier. And it also looks like a pervasive psychology of playing with absolutely no hinderance of tactics.

I understand completely now, why I see more Randoms players than ever before in co-op. They are just sick of it.

I hope it gets better, but unless players learn to play cooperatively, ( drops hint here), we will continue to see this.

• Cool 1

Members
4,678 posts
45,486 battles
13 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Ouch

if it makes you feel any better, was on a team that was at the 999 point and lost a couple ships within one second on opposite side of epicenter mode. Then ended up losing. Ship happens.

Sometimes players ship's just spontaneously explode too.

[DHO-2]
Beta Testers
1,250 posts
11,232 battles

Arc Royal is OP

It's bounces everything

:cap_like:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Beta Testers
237 posts
12,285 battles

Why win if you can float your boat and shoot at stuff.

Members
1,527 posts
7,165 battles

The sad thing is, I would bet most of the players who cost you that game could not care any less that they did. Those type of players are infecting higher tiers also. They are also one of the reasons WG has had to dumb down the game. 

• Cool 1

Members
859 posts
4,679 battles

Playing ranked this season I watched my team nearly throw away a 5v2 while holding all three caps, after I'd died getting rid of a DD and a Cruiser. It ended with our DD vs their IJN torpboat in the middle cap and being lucky the DD had a smoke & hydro left, letting him kill the other DD to win the game. It was also the game that I needed to get to Rank 5, so doubly frustrating to watch the team.

And then the usual idiots losing games in minutes. Had a ranked game where we capped A & B easily, only for our sole DD to yolo into the northern C flag, get obliterated in 3 minutes despite being told to turn around, followed by a cruiser pushing the mid-south area for no reason and getting smashed by focus fire while he's giving broadside to 2 battleships. The best thing about that was our DD blaming us for "not supporting" his yolo suicide against 5 enemy ships all hidden behind islands that prevented us from shooting them.

Too many players have no idea how the scoring works. You can tell them in chat "just run away, we win in 30 seconds" and they have no idea what you're talking about. In Ranked Sprint, hardly anyone was intelligent enough to realise that if you get the cap, you win on points almost immediately if you stop the enemy getting into it. I reckon loads of people have no idea how concealment works either, or ship angling.

Most gamers treat PVP games as team deatchmatch. Objectives are irrelevant to them, and they don't care about tactics.

Edited by macktkau2

[CNO]
Members
6,590 posts
19,798 battles
28 minutes ago, Nergy said:

Why win if you can float your boat and shoot at stuff.

This might be part of it.  Sometimes winning happens by NOT shooting....and going quiet for extended periods of time.  Folks just can't resist shooting stuff, even to the detriment of the win.

• Cool 1

[UNHLY]
Members
5,056 posts
14,151 battles

Sounds like one of my games a few days ago. We had all three caps (although the remaining enemy fleet was all in C capping it), we’re down 5 ships to 7 and 30 seconds from winning on points. None of the remaining ships on my team were in immediate danger from the enemy. I was telling the remaining players (along with two others already dead) variations of ‘don’t die, we win in 30 seconds’ and then I watched three full health t9 ships (lion, fdg, and Alaska) basically say ‘screw you’ in chat (of course with much more salt and swearing), then drive straight through the gap into the enemy cap and get melted. We ended up losing 0 v 7. Never have I seen three full health ships get melted that quickly. 

[B-Z]
Members
229 posts
24,153 battles

Same thing a few days ago. They actually won it on 0 seconds when our DD rushed towards their BB and got spotted and killed.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
30,919 posts
26,019 battles

It happens quite a bit.  Imagine what the reds felt in this game :Smile_veryhappy:

People can get sloppy when it looks like they're going to win big, so they take stupid risks to get in a bit more damage, try to get 1 more kill, and end up getting rekt.

The other team gets its act straight and the remaining ships fight well. 

Sometimes this happens because the last few red ships are found together, while the overconfident "winners" feed themselves piecemeal to get smashed by the combined "losing" ships.  3 "losing" ships that are together will easily crush 6 "winning" ships if they're stupid and attack 1 by 1.

Another story I remember was a game we were winning.  We had 2/3 caps, the points lead, ships lead, time was in our favor.  The last few red ships were clustered together in the eastern most part of the map behind islands.  We had the advantage.  The only possible shot for the reds was to surge out and come to us against our superior numbers and get focused down.  Instead I saw our guys get greedy and charged the last red ships 1 by 1.  I told them all we needed to do was defend, THEY had to come to US.  But they didn't care and got rekt 1 by 1.

The worst part was this.  Despite the team trying to throw the victory away, we still had the ONE DD left in the entire game.  We STILL had 2/3 caps and time, score was in our favor despite our morons giving points to the red team by being stupid.  Our DD, a Kagero with 2k HP left, decided he needed to get in one last bit of damage and sailed to meet the red ships.

I begged him not to do that because the reds had a healthy CLEVELAND with them.

I begged him to just run, the reds had nothing to catch him, they had no DDs, no CVs, and the Cleveland was too slow.

I begged him to head west at full speed and he'd get Solo Warrior award for winning alone against a handful of red ships.

Instead he pushed, he spotted the Cleveland and then engaged in a gunfight.  With 2k HP left.

:Smile_facepalm:

He tried to do a 180 and began a smokescreen but that doesn't work against Cleveland and the last few red ships kill him, winning the game.

[FML]
Members
4,169 posts
16,146 battles
4 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

We were up on points and caps and ships.  Just defend for an easy win.  I PLEADED in chat...just defend.  They gotta come to us.

Nope...our team lemming'd against reds that were literally sitting static in a losing position until the odds were even.  Don't blame them...why attack if you don't need to...if our team is going to continue to feed you in a losing position. 

Even when ship odds were even, we could still win...just make them come to us.  Nope..had to just keep on shooting.  And the ship odds went against us.

But even in the end...we had racked up such a points lead, our last two ships could have just run away for an easy win.  I pleaded again.  just stop shooting...go silent.

Nope...gotta keep engaging.  No...not only that...go broadside for citadel city. 

Down to one ship.  Less than sixty seconds.

And we can still win if they just hide.  Pleading in chat again...to no avail.

Nope, let's run out...shoot against three ships...and die...with 20 seconds left and a massive points margin.

I've been parts of steam rolls, both sides.  I've seen mistakes made here and there in games.  Seen the one or two stupid moves that loses the game.  But never have I seen so many ways to win squandered, one after another, in the same game.   Almost like the team wanted to lose, and any time we got in a good position they just worked as hard as they could to undo it.  

shot-20_06.05_00_19.31-0951.thumb.jpg.5e51d1ba70b1517fb0406b853b7d242b.jpg

This feels like most games that aren’t blowouts to me. That’s why I try to stay alive until the end so I don’t have to rely on the stupidity of others (and instead get let down by my own stupidity). 

[ALLY]
Members
400 posts
21,353 battles

To all:

I do not have a replay or screen shot to show, but the only time I get more frustrated than this is when it happens in ranked.  Unfortunately it has happened in ranked this season, maybe not always as bad as this, but it happens far too often.

C130 signing out

[PHD]
Members
1,930 posts
7,441 battles
5 hours ago, USMC2145 said:

The sad thing is, I would bet most of the players who cost you that game could not care any less that they did. Those type of players are infecting higher tiers also. They are also one of the reasons WG has had to dumb down the game. 

I think some of it is that many, I will assume newer, players don't take the time to check the score or read the chat.

Particularly if you have a ship with fast reloading guns. You focus on aiming and being in the fight. As you get more experience things become more automatic and you have time to notice other things, like chat, the score  or just the situation in general. 

Maybe one of the audible "F key" messages could be, "check the chat for important info!!".

When you are being chased across the map by a bot BB, with CL friends in your DD, it's hard to remember to check the chat screen. Or is that just a PvE thing? But checking before you get yourself in that situation is a good idea.:fish_boom:

Maybe spamming the "Get Back" message key might help?:cap_horn:

Edited by GrayPanther2018
Additional information

[TWFT]
Members
1,503 posts
41,330 battles

You have to understand that WG dose not want "good" players, they want "addicts".  Good players don't need flashy, wizbang gimmicky ships to have fun or win, but WG needs the low skilled players that just have to have the shinny new ship that every one says is "OP" so that they will think they have the right to a win even if they play like retarded monkeys.

Look what they have done with CV's and the CV RW.  You think WG did the CV RW to help the player base?  Of course they didn't!  They did the CV RW so they can have more CV players that would be able to do more damage in a class of ship that dose not take much skill, and thus be able to sell the ones they had in the works.

Sub's will be next, you think your team can potato now, wait in till sub's get to randoms.

I am sorry to see this happen to Soshi, good player, even though he runs a CV.

[TORCH]
Members
712 posts
19,031 battles

I've seen this sort of thing before.  Frustrating.  The urge to shoot when you shouldn't is strong.  I've been guilty of it, but I like to think I've learned a few things over the past few thousand battles.

To be fair, though, in this case, it's harder to go invisible with a CV in the game.  Not impossible, but a decent CV player can make going dark and staying that way difficult.  Sounds to me, though, like the team fed themselves into the buzz saw individually, so they must have been spread out.  Ergo, the CV couldn't have been spotting everyone all the time.

Members
12,614 posts
14,320 battles

Yeah I was close to Ranking out the final season they gave out the Jolly Roger flags and you would not believe how bad many of the players were that high up in Ranked of all places.

Since then I have not as seriously tried Ranking out. Just farm XP, credits, and achievements in Ranked as well as any of the Rank rewards I can easily get which means I get up to about Rank 10-7.

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,733 posts
11,192 battles

Its tough to watch a collapse when you have the game easily won.  Especially when it involves really bad or selfish play.

[SALVO]
Members
8,248 posts
6,105 battles

That's your karma for playing air cancer Soshi... :fish_boom:

I must have bad karma too because, yup that same scenario has happened to me, maybe not as extreme but people is indeed very trigger happy.

[VAST_]
Members
228 posts

The game doesn’t do much explaining as to game objectives, how wins are decided, etc. Add a lot of new players who maybe don’t want to dig into forums to find out and this is what happens. Would be nice if WG made the rules/goals clearer within the game itself.

Edited by sirwill1972

[GOB]
Members
2,736 posts

@Soshi_Sone

I am 100% convinced as I see this happen more and more that we now are being overtaken not just by people who do not even care about the concept of win or lose but MANY who ACTUALLY would rather LOSE than let you " Tell" them ANYTHING.

I see it all the time now.  People doing the dumbest things as a whole team tries to warn them or call them off. far too many losses because of this.  It can't be accidental.

I got a PM from a teammate after one of those matches after seeing yet another BB yolo directly into 5 ships firing HE, in a Cap no less and at the beginning of the round.  " I swear there are people helping their friends with the " Set on fire" requirements .. " He too had been seeing it all day.

Col Out