Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
_TSUNAMI96_

Des Moines Unique Upgrade

14 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
2 posts
2,608 battles

Hi everyone. I recently got the Des Moines and really want to get the legendary propulsion upgrade but I have absolutely no idea how to get it. Some say you get it through missions but I don’t have any missions for Des Moines. Can someone please  give me a clear instructions of how to get it? Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,288
[UNHLY]
Members
5,073 posts
14,206 battles

The ability to get the UU missions was removed a few months ago. Now the only way to get them is through the research bureau, which means getting five tech tree t10s and then resetting a full line and regrinding. Resetting a line gives you 10k points (8k for a CV line), and for each three month season the first reset gives double points (20/16k). Each UU costs 19.2k points, so you either need to reset two lines for one upgrade or take advantage of the double points and just reset one line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
582
[RTXN]
Banned
1,416 posts
10 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

The ability to get the UU missions was removed a few months ago. Now the only way to get them is through the research bureau, which means getting five tech tree t10s and then resetting a full line and regrinding. Resetting a line gives you 10k points (8k for a CV line), and for each three month season the first reset gives double points (20/16k). Each UU costs 19.2k points, so you either need to reset two lines for one upgrade or take advantage of the double points and just reset one line.

I seem to remember an initial starting points of 10K.

Is that still going on?

If so, you only have to regrind one line for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,288
[UNHLY]
Members
5,073 posts
14,206 battles
2 minutes ago, jmanII said:

I seem to remember an initial starting points of 10K.

Is that still going on?

If so, you only have to regrind one line for it.

Yes the 10k is still there. So you only need 10k from the first regrind to get the UU, but that first regrind will give a total of 20k anyway, and once you've used that 10k bonus (for example, resetting two lines in one season for a totak of 40k points with the bonus), you'll need to do two lines or one double points line per upgrade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
206
[CS7]
Members
320 posts
5,635 battles

Be advised that the DM UU significantly changes with the next patch (moves to slot 5, effectively a huge concealment nerf).  May want to wait to see how that is received before you spend 20k RB points.

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/20

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,835
[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
5,079 posts
19,484 battles
1 hour ago, Maddau said:

Be advised that the DM UU significantly changes with the next patch (moves to slot 5, effectively a huge concealment nerf).  May want to wait to see how that is received before you spend 20k RB points.

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/20

 

 To the nth power :Smile_great:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2 posts
2,608 battles

Damn that’s ridiculous. 5 T10 ships? That’s gonna take me more then a year since DM is my only tier 10. Why would they make it so difficult.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,549
[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,462 posts
17,557 battles

Apparently WG stated the UU provided a unique play style, not an upgrade to make the ship powerful. The initial concept to make it hard to get, hence UU or LU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,689
[PVE]
Members
20,164 posts
13,059 battles
On 6/4/2020 at 4:10 PM, Maddau said:

Be advised that the DM UU significantly changes with the next patch (moves to slot 5, effectively a huge concealment nerf).  May want to wait to see how that is received before you spend 20k RB points.

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/20

 

On 6/4/2020 at 5:58 PM, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

 To the nth power :Smile_great:

The DM UU stayed in slot 6.

 

Quote

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/update-095-dockyard/#unique-upgrades

Enhanced Propulsion (Des Moines, sixth slot)
 - Reduced the bonus to engine power. Now, with the unique upgrade and the “Propulsion Modification 1” upgrade, it’ll take the cruiser 21% more time to reach maximum forward speed, and it’ll take three times more time to reach maximum backward speed. The ship will still be gaining speed faster with these two upgrades compared to having just one of them. At the same time, the time it takes the ship to reach 1/2 and 3/4 of her speed remains almost the same.

 - Removed a penalty on the action time of Surveillance Radar.

The bonus to engine power was lowered to reduce the excessive effectiveness of the upgrade. The penalty to the duration of Surveillance Radar didn’t affect the use and effectiveness of the upgrade. Players will now choose between this unique upgrade and an upgrade that increases firepower.

1976426977_DMafter9.5.thumb.JPG.d3dc2ad8aa06b610e7078802eb034b2d.JPG

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,689
[PVE]
Members
20,164 posts
13,059 battles
56 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Thank you 👍

You're welcome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,467
[CVA16]
Members
6,471 posts
20,094 battles
On 6/4/2020 at 10:42 PM, _TSUNAMI96_ said:

That’s gonna take me more then a year since DM is my only tier 10. Why would they make it so difficult.

Well see, WG conveniently offers ways to accelerate the grind if you are willing to give them substantial real world cash. Isn't that nice of them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
206
[CS7]
Members
320 posts
5,635 battles
1 hour ago, Sabot_100 said:

Well see, WG conveniently offers ways to accelerate the grind if you are willing to give them substantial real world cash. Isn't that nice of them?

If you have the money and want to spend it on that, I do think that is nice of them.  I like the free market.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,467
[CVA16]
Members
6,471 posts
20,094 battles
1 hour ago, Maddau said:

If you have the money and want to spend it on that, I do think that is nice of them.  I like the free market.

Sort of. Since they alone get to determine how grindy things are, and they get to set the price of accelerators, its not quite a "free market". If it were, 3rd parties would be able to step in and provide that service. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×