You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Nickhasarrived

Impossible to get Petro Perma Camo

29 comments in this topic

Members
50 posts
8,968 battles

Hello all,

I wanted to let you all know just how bad RNG can be for some people. So, I have completed all of the directives in the game and have collected every russian container made available to me, and have decided to get the riga early, so I used some dubs to get to the riga. Then thought how much more would it be to get the perma camo on the petro? It is IMPOSSIBLE for me to get.

Numbers time!!!!

I currently have the riga bundle unlocked in the armory, and have 135 tokens in my armory available to me for spending. For the bundle I am currently able to unlock 430 more tokens if I buy every bundle. This would bring my total tokens to 565 tokens available to me. Anyone know how much the petro perma camo cost? Thats right 600!

So, my message to WG. If you want to keep having people that want to spend money in this game, you might want to make something physically achievable and not completely impossible to get. As make no mistake, if you are not blessed by RNG in the crates, the perma camo is impossible to achieve.

Thanks for your time,

-Nick

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[CK5]
Members
1,550 posts
16,305 battles

I think the easiest solution would be for WG to improve communication about what items are theoretically possible to earn as freebies and what will require some doubloons.  I actually have no problem with events that require some real money to complete, as long as the terms are clearly communicated.  

• Cool 3

[SOFOP]
Members
2,486 posts
15,380 battles

The Petro camo is possible to get, you just need to get really, really lucky.

Out of the 69 containers I have opened (I have a mission for 2 more still), the results were:

46 contained 5 tokens (67%)

6 contained 10 tokens. (9%)

12 contained 15 tokens. (17%)

4 contained 25 tokens. (6%)

1 contained 300 tokens.  (1%)

So all you had to do was hit the 1% box several times....   

/sarcasm.

Edited by Old_Baldy_One

Members
859 posts
4,679 battles

Lesson learned. Don't waste money on lootboxes.

If you want to keep having people that want to spend money in this game

WG don't care. They got your money already.

Edited by macktkau2

[SKD]
Members
266 posts
14,551 battles
1 hour ago, Nickhasarrived said:

Hello all,

I wanted to let you all know just how bad RNG can be for some people. So, I have completed all of the directives in the game and have collected every russian container made available to me, and have decided to get the riga early, so I used some dubs to get to the riga. Then thought how much more would it be to get the perma camo on the petro? It is IMPOSSIBLE for me to get.

Numbers time!!!!

I currently have the riga bundle unlocked in the armory, and have 135 tokens in my armory available to me for spending. For the bundle I am currently able to unlock 430 more tokens if I buy every bundle. This would bring my total tokens to 565 tokens available to me. Anyone know how much the petro perma camo cost? Thats right 600!

So, my message to WG. If you want to keep having people that want to spend money in this game, you might want to make something physically achievable and not completely impossible to get. As make no mistake, if you are not blessed by RNG in the crates, the perma camo is impossible to achieve.

Thanks for your time,

-Nick

you get tokens for each time you play ochakov, bagration, and mikoyan. you should get more than enough tokens but doing this.

Members
10 posts
9,211 battles

Hello all,

Numbers time!!!!

Thanks for your time,

-Nick

The trick that they didn’t really spotlight was that instead of spending a ton on the 100 loot crates, you just needed to buy one of the new Russian premium cruisers. They came with missions that produced 35 Russian tokens per win. And you could do 7 wins per day For tokens. So that was a much better use of $ than buying the loot boxes which mostly gave 10 tokens per box. My question is will all my extra tokens be converted into anything? 

[DOG]
Members
812 posts
14,281 battles
35 minutes ago, AtlasRand said:

The trick that they didn’t really spotlight was that instead of spending a ton on the 100 loot crates, you just needed to buy one of the new Russian premium cruisers. They came with missions that produced 35 Russian tokens per win. And you could do 7 wins per day For tokens.

Yes, the personal challenges were 7 wins but that was not PER DAY but per challenge and you get a new challenge each week.  Also,  the personal challenge for the Mikoyan (which you can get after 300 tokens) yields 15 tokens per win (not 25). 

[PVE]
Members
13,955 posts
29,430 battles

Hello all,

Numbers time!!!!

Thanks for your time,

-Nick

I got all of the ships (Mikoyan, Tallinn, and Riga ) plus the camos for Tallinn, Riga, and Petropavlovsk through a combo of earned tokens and armory bundles for tokens. I am done all stages of the event and have collected every token I could. I will end up getting over 20 Million credits when the event ends for my unused tokens (I have over 2K left). You had unusually bad RNG I am assuming here in the earned tokens. It is possible to have got the Petropavlovsk camo.

Mikoyan: (took screenshot early on and before finishing event - now have the event camo for it you get when finishing stage 4)

n9qtt88.jpg

Tallinn w/ Event Camo:

mVFV0zX.jpg

Riga w/ Event Camo:

ZLhKklv.jpg

Petropavlovsk Event Camo:

Ka84swh.jpg

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
13,955 posts
29,430 battles
1 hour ago, AtlasRand said:

The trick that they didn’t really spotlight was that instead of spending a ton on the 100 loot crates, you just needed to buy one of the new Russian premium cruisers. They came with missions that produced 35 Russian tokens per win. And you could do 7 wins per day For tokens. So that was a much better use of $ than buying the loot boxes which mostly gave 10 tokens per box. My question is will all my extra tokens be converted into anything? 

Ochakov and Bagration gave 30 tokens each and Mikoyan 15  (X7  each ship once p/ week - total 525 p/ week). None gave 35. IF you had all 3 ships and did all 7 missions for each, each of the 4 weeks, you could get a total of 2100 tokens.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,424 posts
12,679 battles

@AdmiralThunder do you get any tokens for playing the Mikoyan and winning . I had enough tokens to get her 5 days ago didn't do it till last night played 2 games in her . I still have 275 tokens left and I am almost done with stage 3 . 

I am not a grinder I didn't play specific ships to just finish the stages . I just play what I want and usually I get the directives done anyway .

Thanks for the help and I knew if anyone would could possibly get everything done it would be you good job !!!!!

Edited by clammboy

[-KAK-]
Members
136 posts
7,681 battles
3 hours ago, Nickhasarrived said:

Some people didn't even unlock the Tallin....

[EQRN]
Members
2,242 posts
20,541 battles
5 minutes ago, _Pixi_ said:

Some people didn't even unlock the Tallin....

Not I.  I got 2 weeks worth of Mikoyan missions which got me the Tallinn camo and about 60 tokens left over.  

[WMD]
Members
1,928 posts
10,939 battles
2 hours ago, PrairiePlayer said:

I think the easiest solution would be for WG to improve communication about what items are theoretically possible to earn as freebies and what will require some doubloons.  I actually have no problem with events that require some real money to complete, as long as the terms are clearly communicated.  

I think being more upfront would be a win for both players and WG. If WG clearly laid out how much it would cost to reach certain levels of event rewards it would make deciding to spend/how much to spend easier for people. It would also help to temper the expectations of those expecting to get rewards for free.  

After a min of doing some math I decided to pick up Bagration, but if I hadn't read on the forums that the Bagration mission reset every week, I wouldn't have spent a dime. 

Edited by VeatherVitch

Members
1,077 posts
12,794 battles

I think that most folks who do not buy any of the event premiums or the containers will not unlock Tallin.  If you were lucky enough to score a unicorn 300-token container in the first week, you could immediately get Mikoyan and earn all four of her weekly mission bonuses for 420 more tokens by the end of the patch.  If you then completed all the directives that awarded containers, and got all of the 5-token bonuses from the articles, you would need only moderately good RNG in the drops (average 7.3 tokens per remaining container) to get both the Tallin camo and the ship herself.

Not getting such an early unicorn, I did not unlock Mikoyan until after the second Directive, and thus missed out on 105 tokens from her first week of missions.  I will have enough tokens for the Tallin camo as soon as I finish Directive IV tonight, but absent one of those unicorns _and_ exceptional RNG on the rest of the containers, I will end up far short of unlocking Tallin herself.

[WMD]
Members
1,928 posts
10,939 battles
17 minutes ago, 0NutsNBolts0 said:

I got Mikoyan, what a regret that is.

I have it, and think even the event tokens aren't worth the hassle of playing it. 

[-BUI-]
Members
2,703 posts
7,030 battles

No comrade, not impossible, simple need to open wallet.

• Funny 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

Every thread on this makes me happier that I've been spending my Soviet tokens on premium time for the days with 1000xp / 1000fxp / 1000ecxp dailies

[PVE]
Members
13,955 posts
29,430 battles
1 hour ago, clammboy said:

@AdmiralThunder do you get any tokens for playing the Mikoyan and winning . I had enough tokens to get her 5 days ago didn't do it till last night played 2 games in her . I still have 275 tokens left and I am almost done with stage 3 . 

I am not a grinder I didn't play specific ships to just finish the stages . I just play what I want and usually I get the directives done anyway .

Thanks for the help and I knew if anyone would could possibly get everything done it would be you good job !!!!!

Yes I got that turd and suffered through all 4 weeks of playing it for tokens. I actually hit the 300 token drop 2X in the 1st week/stage 1 so got a big head start then.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,614 posts
3 hours ago, _CPR said:

you get tokens for each time you play ochakov, bagration, and mikoyan. you should get more than enough tokens but doing this.

But only if you got them during the first week, since the challenges were weekly.....

Unless they somehow stacked the challenges, you can't earn the full amount of tokens unless you got the ships early.

[A-I-M]
Members
4,084 posts
15,213 battles
4 hours ago, Nickhasarrived said:

Hello all,

[snip]

Have you obtained all of the tokens that can be had by reading the various news articles? 50 total, 45 available so far? That can bridge the gap for free, right there.

Did you buy the Peter Baggravation? Ochakov? Multiple hundreds of tokens to latch onto, there - even at this late date.

Edited by MannyD_of_The_Sea

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,424 posts
12,679 battles
11 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Yes I got that turd and suffered through all 4 weeks of playing it for tokens. I actually hit the 300 token drop 2X in the 1st week/stage 1 so got a big head start then.

Thanks I'm not going to bother playing the Mikoyan missions . I will just see were I'm at after I open the rest of the containers from stage 3 and 4 you never know maybe I will get lucky .

Looks like we get to do this again next month with the German CVs . It will be Deja Vu all over again 

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
7 minutes ago, awiggin said:

But only if you got them during the first week, since the challenges were weekly.....

Unless they somehow stacked the challenges, you can't earn the full amount of tokens unless you got the ships early.

Yeap, the only way to get all 420 tokens (4*7*15) from playing the Mikoyan was to luck into the 300 tokens needed to buy it before the first weekly reset. 

Because we needed a ship that was only available for tokens to get more tokens, and had to get enough tokens to get that ship early in the event, the deep RNG effect of this event was compounded. 

• Cool 1

[--O--]
Members
994 posts

Honest Question:

They will not be premiums in the split and will be free to grind, research and purchase with credits or FXP right through. Why would anyone want to spend any "REAL money" on these ships?

I mean if a guy says to me hey if you buy 100 raffle tickers for $20.00 each you have a Great chance at winning (X) prize, or in a couple weeks if you want to use your free (widgets you earned) or (work a few hours to get it for free) why would you want to spend actual real-world hard earned money for something that will be free.

Other than proving P. T. Barnum, was right, I dont understand throwing money away for something that is free.

[-TNT-]
Members
444 posts
16,205 battles

I finished the whole event and can't get the tier 8 .. Why do we still do these event's ????

shot-20.06.04_16.50.13-0168.jpg