Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

How Wargaming Can Increase Effectiveness Of Subs Testing

3 comments in this topic

Members
12,612 posts
14,320 battles

I have noticed a growing shortage of human Battleship players in Subs mode and have come up with an idea based on when I last entered the subs mode was when I had a Premium tier 6 Rental. And a fair number of the sporadic human BB players are using premium BBs. So maybe WG should consider issuing Premium BBs rentals to players in addition to having subs mode missions with rewards to encourage players to spend some time playing BBs in that mode to increase the effectiveness of the testing.

And ships like Dunkerque are able to sink subs below the surface, although granted not too deep but still picked up some kills with my 3 day rental Dunkerque.

So just thought I would leave this suggestion here for WG as it would likely not hurt anything for them to try this and who knows they might pick up more Warship sales from players that get attached to their Rental ships lol.

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles

Didn't realize people are still playing that mode after all the "it's mostly bots" threads.

The lack of BBs is a direct result of not being able to counter subs unless they surface. At least with CVs you can shoot down planes and eventually kill it when spotted.

Personally, I haven't been back there since day 1 because WG made me wait and wait and wait on access to subs.

So my suggestion is not to pull another stupid stunt like that if you want more people to play the mode.

• Boring 2

[WOLFC]
Members
2,714 posts
11,219 battles

Almost every submarine battle I’ve played in the last few days has 3 human submarine players and 2-3 other human players on each team. This is in contrast to the first couple of days of the event where there were a lot of human players, particularly in DDs and CLs. This was before many players had gotten their submarine rentals, though. IMO, the reason we are seeing so many bots is because the MM queue is so heavily loaded with submarines (which are limited to 3 per team) relative to other ships.

If WG wants to collect more useful data on submarine interactions with other ships, they need to provide additional incentive to play other ship classes in the mode. Atm, unless they are grinding a tier VI ship, many players who have no interest in playing submarines (or are boycotting the game mode because of their opinion on subs in the game in general) have no reason to be involved in this testing (and that is what this is). The BB-specific mission was a good start, but it doesn’t appear to be having the degree of effect WG hoped for.

Edited by Nevermore135

Sign in to follow this