You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Warlord_Deadeye_Pete

I am a Destroyerman

11 comments in this topic

[HEROS]
Members
2,086 posts
18,850 battles

Risk defines what I do, for everything has risk. Some things more that others.

Determination guides my choices, experience marks my decisions.  Where shall I go?  How shall I approach?  

Nothing I do is easy, for my enemies are legion and are always increasing.  The higher the tier of play the more difficult the task is.

All tasks are simple but in a Destroyer even the simple is hideously complex and difficult.  Sometimes even impossible.  Yet still, they must be done if victory is to be achieved.

In this game I must spot targets, take capture points,  provide flank support, target critical enemies and remove them, defend myself against threats  that continuously evolve as the game evolves.  And always more and more is demanded and required.  Above all else I must play selflessly if victory is to go to my team.

Risk is my business.

I am a Destroyerman

• Cool 19

[TRW]
Beta Testers
217 posts
21,707 battles

and in future the bbs and heavy cruisers are going to expect you to protect them from sub. threats whilst lobbing shells 18 km away

• Cool 1

[SIDE]
Members
4,939 posts
5 hours ago, TL_Warlord_Roff said:

Risk defines what I do, for everything has risk. Some things more that others.

Determination guides my choices, experience marks my decisions.  Where shall I go?  How shall I approach?  

Nothing I do is easy, for my enemies are legion and are always increasing.  The higher the tier of play the more difficult the task is.

All tasks are simple but in a Destroyer even the simple is hideously complex and difficult.  Sometimes even impossible.  Yet still, they must be done if victory is to be achieved.

In this game I must spot targets, take capture points,  provide flank support, target critical enemies and remove them, defend myself against threats  that continuously evolve as the game evolves.  And always more and more is demanded and required.  Above all else I must play selflessly if victory is to go to my team.

Risk is my business.

I am a Destroyerman

I like your style!

Edited by thebigblue

[RKLES]
Members
964 posts

DD's, most rewarding type to play.

Frustrating at times, not happy about the reintroduction of stealth radar (Even if it is only .3 km)

If they push out their Subs we will be busy little bees.

Task overload anyone?

[HEROS]
Members
2,086 posts
18,850 battles
3 hours ago, Turbotush said:

Live by this.....

and that video is 2 years old too.  Before the Italians Cruisers, the Brit DD's and CA's, the Russian CA's, the PanEuro DD's, the full CV rework and more.  

A lot of experienced DD players have quit the game and moved on or seriously curtailed their play.     According to wowsnumbers-na which I've been checking I've been running at unicum levels for several weeks now.  Did I suddenly get better by an order of magnitude?. Maybe, but not likely.  There are a lot of fairly novice DD players running around the higher tiers now that really just barely know what they're doing..   And of course the constant "whats the best DD?" at tier...what ever... Newbs who don't understand there is no best DD.. it's only best if you MASTER the playstyle it demands.   My specialty is IJN DD's  I am a master level player with them.  I'm merely decent to pretty good in all other DD's.   I don't even understand why I stay with the IJN DD's because they get harder and harder to play every year.  They have over all the best concealment and the torps are hard hitting even if the can be spotted from low earth orbit and slower than most.   The guns are hard hitting for the most part and very reliable damage dealers but tend to have poor turret mounts and not especially known for range though are quite accurate..  The ships are average for speed and maneuverability.. often slower than other DD's.   The power creep has been very real.  But I've played them since beta and even my tricks have tricks so I still do well in them.

Being a good DD player is mind set.   And utter confidence.  DD players that doubt never do well.   And the only way to learn to drive DD's is to take stupid risks and see what works!    You have to take risks, and to do well frankly your team has to take risks with you.   If they hang back, won't get stuck in, won't commit the match may very well all ready be lost and all your doing is going through the motions and possibly achieving a glorious death for no purpose.   But your in the DD and it's all your fault.   

There are days I really want a special red key on my keyboard that when I push a virtual hand reaches out of the targeted "friendly" players screen and SLAPS them right across the face.  It'll never happen, but I can wish.

If there is one piece of advice I can give new DD players is stay in the mid tiers V, VI, VII for a couple months or so before moving up.   Feel free to get the high tier ships but don't play them regular until you really learn what driving DD's is all about.  Because your the DD, and if the team looses because your inexperienced.. it really is your fault!  And don't play the blame game.  If the DD your driving stinks it's because you don't know how to drive it yet.   It's not the ship.... it's you.

McCoy to Spock:  When an earth girl says it all her, it all you.

DD's are Earth Girls, and remember, Earth girls may be easy.. then they get expectations of you!

Edited by TL_Warlord_Roff
  • Cool 1

Members
1,598 posts
18,415 battles

Yea that's pretty much why I'm a BB main... the adrenaline rush of back to back DD games might keep me up at night. The occasional DD game though is a good way to concentrate the senses and hone the reflexes if the game starts to get boring.