You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Nabucodonosor21

So it worth to expend free xp on Moskva?

7 comments in this topic

[KOBK]
Members
192 posts
3,697 battles

I have enough free xp to get the Moskva, but its really a good ship? I Already get the Alaska and im not interest in the other free xp ships

[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator
2,810 posts
14,740 battles
24 minutes ago, Nabucodonosor21 said:

im not interest in the other free xp ships

DONT GET IT then

However, think of the advantage if you researched the Moskva and stuffs coming with her then compare that to your wants/needs. If it warrant then get it, it not hurting to have and take the advantage of the situation

• Cool 1

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
514 posts
7,252 battles
27 minutes ago, Nabucodonosor21 said:

I have enough free xp to get the Moskva, but its really a good ship? I Already get the Alaska and im not interest in the other free xp ships

First figure out how much free xp you need to get the Moskva.   If you are already in the Donskoi and we are talking about a few (1-50k-ish free xp), I think it's a no-brainer.  If you are talking about 100s of thousands of free xp, maybe consider if you might not want to save up to get one of the free xp ships like the Azuma, Friesland, Nelson, etc., instead even though I know you said you aren't interested in them.  The Moskva will be available with coal if you don't get it on this split, so just think about that. What comes to you easier, coal or free xp?  

Meanwhile start grinding some regular research xp on the current Moskva tech line, no matter where you are at, so at least you are putting some xp in the bank.  I can't speak to how the Moskva performs, as I just finished unlocking it tonight, but I've seen it used in the clan wars streaming that Wargaming EU does.  And while it doesn't seem to get the preference the Des Moines gets in that mode, the fact that it's in that mode at all tells me it's got to be pretty decent.   

Good luck on your decision.

• Cool 1

[BIER]
Members
453 posts
6,538 battles

Which reminds me - the split will occur when? 0.9.5?  About 10 days from now?  Or are we waiting another month until the next release?

(sorry, too lazy to look it up right now...)

[USA]
Beta Testers
351 posts

I have no desires to get any other free exp ship, personally. And the coal ships I have left to get: Marceau, Salem, Yoshino, and Campbeltown.

1) Don't need Salem because I have Des Moines.
2) Campbeltown is about 20k, I can get that at any time.
3) Marceau....... LOL hell no that ship is trash. The guns are horrid.

The only one I want currently is Yoshino. I'd rather not wait for Moskva to turn into a coal ship in order to pick her up. However, what's supposed to be coming out with Coal ships is apparently the Flint and the Black are going to be put back in for coal at some point as well. I have 500k free exp saved up. Which should be just enough to get Moskva researched since I just unlocked the Chapayev but haven't bought it yet. This week is Narai so grinding free exp won't be too difficult as i usually save my free exp camos and flags for Narai weeks.

My questions are:

If I research Moskva, but don't have her in the port, do I still get her as a coal ship?
If I research and purchase Moskva, when it is turned into a coal ship, will I get the perma camo that it will inevitably come with as a coal (reward) ship?

[KRAK]
Members
1,248 posts
14,666 battles

I had her two years ago, averaged about 56K damage per game, now again, and recently lost 34 games in a row, win rate about 35% with it, damages about 20K per game on average.