You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CrusaderQueen

Can't sell certain ships

20 comments in this topic

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,461 posts
17,522 battles

Never ever in your gaming life of WoWs, sell premium ship

Trust me, do not do it. Keep her in port.

• Boring 1

[PUMA]
Members
1,168 posts
10,957 battles
21 minutes ago, CrusaderQueen said:

I'm having trouble selling certain ships like Jean Bert, when is wow going to allow us to do this?

Why would you possibly want to sell J.B. ?

She is definitely one of the better ships (at least for me).

I am curious for an answer !

• Boring 1

[UNHLY]
Members
5,030 posts
14,137 battles

Jean Bart (and other recently removed ships like Smolensk) is now a 'special unsellable' premium according to WG since it is no longer available for purchase. Not sure about the older removed premiums and whether they would let you sell them, but I will echo Obiphan above. NEVER sell a premium ship. Even if it's one you hate with all your being and will absolutely never play, since any premium you don't have in your port can drop from a santa crate or supercontainer. Any ship. So if you sell your most hated premium ship (say, Krispy Kreme), it can drop again in a future ship crate in place of another ship you may want more. Or as I say, the first ship container you get after you sell that premium you don't want would love to give it to you again.

• Cool 2

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,690 posts
23,735 battles

In a moment of frustration sold Warspite.

5 losses in a row.

Last one, I was too slow to defend base and got capped out....

Have not regretted it....

Never ever sell a Jean Bart.

• Boring 1

[WG]
WG Staff
360 posts
9,828 battles
32 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

In a moment of frustration sold Warspite.

Do you know that you can get her back for credits at any time? All you need is just submit a ticket. 

She's slow but once you know her pros and cons and spec your captain skills accordingly - she's quite a beast

• Thanks 1

[O_O]
Members
7,038 posts
17,376 battles
1 hour ago, CrusaderQueen said:

I'm having trouble selling certain ships like Jean Bert, when is wow going to allow us to do this?

:cap_wander_2::cap_wander:

• Boring 1

[UNHLY]
Members
5,030 posts
14,137 battles
1 hour ago, desmo_2 said:

:cap_wander_2::cap_wander:

Well, at least it’s (slightly) better than that player that got a certain t4 Russian ship and wanted to sell it...

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07
  • Boring 1

[NWS]
Members
273 posts
8,136 battles
6 hours ago, freggo said:

Why would you possibly want to sell J.B. ?

She is definitely one of the better ships (at least for me).

I am curious for an answer !

I will answer this, even though it's irrelevant. We all have our different playing styles and I cannot get on with this particular ship, i don't like the French line anyway, But this doesn't answer the question does it?

Edited by CrusaderQueen

[NWS]
Members
273 posts
8,136 battles
5 hours ago, foodprinter said:

Do you know that you can get her back for credits at any time? All you need is just submit a ticket. 

She's slow but once you know her pros and cons and spec your captain skills accordingly - she's quite a beast

I didn't know this and thanks. :Smile_Default:

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,690 posts
23,735 battles
8 hours ago, foodprinter said:

Yea.

[PUMA]
Members
1,168 posts
10,957 battles
12 hours ago, CrusaderQueen said:

I will answer this, even though it's irrelevant. We all have our different playing styles and I cannot get on with this particular ship, i don't like the French line anyway, But this doesn't answer the question does it?

Good enough. Play style has a lot to do with liking a ship of course.

I do not get along with US BBs; hate ships where you have to use a calendar to time the arrival at the battle zone :-)

• Boring 1

[WG]
WG Staff
360 posts
9,828 battles

Both of them are special ships. In both of these cases I have yet to understand why would you want to sell them in the first place?

• Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[NSC]
Members
2,341 posts
On 6/4/2020 at 3:10 AM, CrusaderQueen said:

Correct me if I'm wrong: You can sell ships currently sold in the tech-tree for FXP (that have a value of 0 credits). You cannot sell ships not currently offered in the tech-tree for FXP whether premium (T9) or special (T10) (because they have no credit value). I'm guessing from the pattern of examples at https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/article/27197/

I think this is a technical limitation and WG does not see the need to implement selling ships bought for FXP, coal, and steel (like foodprinter said "In both of these cases I have yet to understand why would you want to sell them in the first place?").

• Boring 1

[W-P-E]
[W-P-E]
Members
424 posts
26,003 battles

JB could be sold for 14,400,000 credits back then when it was still available in premium shop.

If a premium ship could be sold, the credit conversion rate is 1500 credits/doubloon and you'll get half of that.

• Thanks 1

[T-D-M]
Members
127 posts
18,554 battles

I didn’t know you could not sell just any old ship. I did sell one premium four years ago and bought her back a couple of years ago. Maybe something has changed since then. That was in the lean poor years in game for me. 

And now it is much better in game. I can’t buy ships fast enough. If it were possible I would buy the Jean Bart, Salem and Black mentioned in this thread so far. I am a collector of ships now. Maybe someday we will be able to trade ships in game. You know with a once traded to another account the ship is permanently locked to the new account. Just day dreaming here,  anyways. I too would strongly suggest that anyone that wishes to sell premium/special ships find away to hold those ships if at all possible. :)

[WOLFG]
Members
12,591 posts
11,693 battles

You mean I can't, in a moment of rage, sell ALL the ships in my port, come to the forum to rant about it, and then get banned in a profanity laced tirade?

I feel like this is limiting some end game content.