You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ado1fCarsar

simple solution to Moskva fiasco that players won't like but WG could accept.

27 comments in this topic

[APES]
Members
681 posts
8,389 battles

simply don't give a type 20 camo after the switch, problem solved. If someone buys the new special Moskva with coal, they get it. Anyone who got it for free either by having it unlocked or simply have it in dock just gets the new special status without the camo.

• Funny 3
  • Boring 4

[BFBTW]
Members
4,181 posts
9,581 battles

Why would this be a good idea for WG to do? 

Needlessly make the playerbase mad for no reason? 

[OIL-1]
Members
1,498 posts

Especially since we've already adjusted our game to accommodate the upcoming changes.

[APES]
Members
681 posts
8,389 battles
6 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

Why would this be a good idea for WG to do? 

Needlessly make the playerbase mad for no reason? 

either way people get pissed off. better to piss off the people who didn't buy the camo than people who did.

[PVE]
Members
8,505 posts
24,628 battles
1 hour ago, Ado1fCarsar said:

simply don't give a type 20 camo after the switch, problem solved. If someone buys the new special Moskva with coal, they get it. Anyone who got it for free either by having it unlocked or simply have it in dock just gets the new special status without the camo.

After already announcing the opposite...that sounds like a great idea...+1...oh wait...nevermind... let's just change that funny vote to a confused 1.

• Boring 1

[O_O]
Members
7,041 posts
17,391 battles

Players who have a perma-camo for Moskva should be awarded a perma-camo for the new Tier 10 that replaces Moskva.

That is the solution.

• Cool 12
  • Boring 1

Members
143 posts
4,606 battles

You paid for the camo, you still have it. You didn't get "screwed." Preventing other people from getting the camo won't help you in any way. It's not as if it's a commodity that you can sell and the value will drop.

Unless you're the type who enjoys other peoples' misfortune. Well, guess what? Over time, prices for items change, and the thing you bought yesterday might be on sale today. Solution: never buy anything.

Also, it's hilarious how everything is a "fiasco" now.

Edited by AriochIV
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 4

[SIM]
Members
5,849 posts
9,315 battles

It’s a good thing that you aren’t in charge of policy. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[FLAGG]
Members
98 posts
1 hour ago, desmo_2 said:

Players who have a perma-camo for Moskva should be awarded a perma-camo for the new Tier 10 that replaces Moskva.

That is the solution.

I agree, this is the more fair solution.  

[PEKO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
27,999 battles

As in "WG haven't pissed of the player base enough?"

From all solution, yours is the worst. 

As said before (and done before by WG) the only good one is to give the camo to the follow up ship.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[APES]
Members
681 posts
8,389 battles
39 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

As in "WG haven't pissed of the player base enough?"

From all solution, yours is the worst. 

As said before (and done before by WG) the only good one is to give the camo to the follow up ship.

and we all know that isn't going to happen. 

[ARGSY]
Members
24,468 posts
18,417 battles
6 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

That is the solution.

Either that or let the New Moskva's Type 20 permacamo trigger duplicate compensation in doubloons. Then the people who already had it can buy a camo for their Nevsky when they grind it out.

• Cool 1

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,733 posts
11,192 battles

Don't give WG any new ideas on how to be stingy.  From a diplomatic point of view, its always better to be generous than to be stingy when changing something, even if stingy is the status quo.

I remember quite a number of years ago, one of my co-workers took over a more senior position once it was vacated.  He got reclassified to a higher level and got a pay raise, which put him at a higher level than everyone else in our office that were doing the same job.  He had the position for a couple of years when our boss, who had been trying to get raises for everyone for quite some time, decided that since all the workers were all doing the same job, that everyone should have the same pay rate.  He wrote a letter to HR and and stated his case .  They agreed and demoted the higher level pay down to our lower level.  The one affected employee was not happy at all, and it didn't help our cause, either.  My boss was furious too.  So, everyone remained underpaid for what they did, and the one guy that was properly compensated, lost it.  It lowered moral for everyone, because it showed that upper management did not value what we did.  Bean counters will be bean counters, and they often don't take into consideration what the real life situation is and how it affects the perceptions of everyone involved.

• Cool 1

Members
143 posts
4,606 battles

Yes. Asking for other people to be screwed because you feel screwed is a [edited] move of the highest order.

• Cool 1

[RBMKI]
Members
376 posts
6,252 battles

You can all keep your dumb tech tree Moaskva perma-camo, I want the Yoshino camo on my new improved premium Moskva instead. :Smile_popcorn:

[APES]
Members
681 posts
8,389 battles
1 hour ago, AriochIV said:

Yes. Asking for other people to be screwed because you feel screwed is a [edited] move of the highest order.

except I don't have the Moskva perm camo, I couldn't care less about it. 

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles
18 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

That is the solution.

Agreed, I've said this in several threads as well.

At least he didn't suggest a refund like so many of the other threads.

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,733 posts
11,192 battles
14 hours ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

Agreed, I've said this in several threads as well.

At least he didn't suggest a refund like so many of the other threads.

Yeah, a refund isn't the way to go.  WG can keep their money.  Just put the purchased camo on the new tech tree ship that the Moskva replaced.  I don't see the problem.  It would be a nice gesture on WGs part.  It doesn't affect me personally, because I don't have the permanent camo, but its the principal of the whole thing.

• Cool 1

[NSEW]
Members
2,479 posts
12,063 battles
22 hours ago, Murcc said:

So, everyone remained underpaid for what they did, and the one guy that was properly compensated, lost it.

So he/she wasn't in the same pay grade as 'everyone'. Ergo, more slightly responsibilities but 'everyone' couldn't tell the difference from their optic?

22 hours ago, Murcc said:

co-workers took over a more senior position once it was vacated.  He got reclassified to a higher level and got a pay raise, which put him at a higher level than everyone else in our office that were doing the same job

I do not think that the co-worker who got the pay rise, had the exact same roles as his/her previous station.  Unless that 'job' was created purposely & solely for the benefit of 'senior position' in title only with higher pay with same responsibilities.  Which sounds pretty much like a 'favour', and something a 'dad' would create for his 'son/daughter' deals.

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,733 posts
11,192 battles
10 minutes ago, LowSpeed_US said:

So he/she wasn't in the same pay grade as 'everyone'. Ergo, more slightly responsibilities but 'everyone' couldn't tell the difference from their optic?

I do not think that the co-worker who got the pay rise, had the exact same roles as his/her previous station.  Unless that 'job' was created purposely & solely for the benefit of 'senior position' in title only with higher pay with same responsibilities.  Which sounds pretty much like a 'favour', and something a 'dad' would create for his 'son/daughter' deals.

I'll put some more context to it.  The co-worker who got the pay raise did get more responsibilities than he previously had, so the promotion was justified.  The senior position wasn't designed for someone else as a favor or anything like that.  It actually fit into the pay grades that our whole organization operated within.  Ours was the one that operated significantly lower than everyone else, just because we had different skill sets that no one else had familiarity with.  Since HR didn't understand it, they didn't want to deal with it.

Two separate groups got put under one administration.  Our group was the one that the other group got put into.  Their senior position was the same as our regular positions with respect to operations and responsibilities.  All of us and the new senior person all reported to the same manager.  So, when the co-worker got promoted into the "senior position", he actually got promoted into a position that was the same as everyone else in our group.  It just happened that the pay grade was higher because of where it had been previously.  The problem started because all our positions were positions with management responsibilities, but were still classified as general workers from when the group went through a major overhaul several years prior.  All the jobs in our group that didn't get eliminated, changed from general worker to management because of our experience and how things were being done going forward (managing contracts instead of having our own crews).  We were always told, "we will get around to reclassifying the positions, but not now because we are too busy",  and then the upper manager would change and it would be a rinse and repeat.   So, our immediate manager decided this would be a great time to get everyone properly classified to the slightly higher level that they were actually working at.  It backfired and pulled the other person down to our level.  They didn't even red circle him allowing him to keep the position but not allow the next person replacing him to have the same level.  They actually demoted him.  It left a sour taste in everyone's mouth.