Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
KilljoyCutter

Kitakaze Torpedo Reload Booster

6 comments in this topic

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

Now that Kitakaze has the "premium" torpedo reload booster with 3 charges by default, does anyone else think it makes sense to go ahead and hit it right at battle start in Co-op, so that it's cooldown is over around the time you'd actually fire the torps and then use it again anyway? 

[RVNHQ]
Members
429 posts
12,035 battles

You can but I feel its redundant. It shouldn't be too difficult to gun down the bot DD and have your torpedoes load in time for the cruisers and battleships.

Although, I'll admit it is an intriguing idea, and as someone who plays Kitakaze a lot I will test it out.

[KREW]
[KREW]
Members
482 posts
21,566 battles

I used to do that sometimes in my Mono(Iforgothowtospellit)han. It was useful in certain situations, though I haven't tried it since the consumable change and the matches are lasting longer.
(I didn't have Torpedo Armament Expertise on the commander I ran on it.)

[BEA5T]
Members
5,295 posts
24,117 battles

Honestly, I don't think it makes sense to do that?  Guns usually are the first kill and then both sets of torps are ready anyway.  Very rarely have I had to sweat for a torp timer in COOP........  Naw, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.  Of course, I am a potato and what I luck into isn't the basis of any discussion concerning skills...........

Members
2,126 posts
7,630 battles
8 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Now that Kitakaze has the "premium" torpedo reload booster with 3 charges by default, does anyone else think it makes sense to go ahead and hit it right at battle start in Co-op, so that it's cooldown is over around the time you'd actually fire the torps and then use it again anyway? 

Oh, now I get it.  I'm a bit dense sometimes.  I read the post and thought, "Why fire your torpedos immediately?  That doesn't make any sense at.....oh."  :cap_book:

If you can speed up the initial load, why wouldn't you?  I don't think you'd get to use the third booster in co-op anyway in most cases.  I am going to try it out.

[ICOP]
Members
455 posts
18,423 battles

If you have the long-range torps installed and are doing an early area denial torping, then yes.  With short-range torps, area denial is not going to be something you do early on, so with those torps, no.  My $0.02.

Sign in to follow this