Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sabot_100

Bots not ready for subs.

7 comments in this topic

[CVA16]
Members
6,430 posts
19,969 battles

Just had a sub battle (in a DD). Had some lag problems and got sunk because of it. Lots of bots in the game, including one of our DDs. Being sunk I had time to watch our bot  Farragut bearing down on a sub and suddenly stop at 1K from the sub.. I assume to avoid a collision. Just sat there while the sub sank it with bow on torps. 

WG might want to revise the bot programming.

[RLGN]
Members
16,178 posts
28,072 battles

Yeah, chaos theory programming. Lots of simple things, with percentage chances, to get things to react in computer games.

Funniest example of an ‘oops’ I ever heard of was when they were doing the battle scenes in LotR.

Orc and human armies bashing away at each other, nice and pretty in the test battle; (Helm’s Deep, or Minas Tirith,) when the programmers realized a few squads were missing.

After looking around, they realized the squads had locked into the tiny percentage ‘retreat’ choice, and run off into the corners of the battlefield.

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
5,065 posts
19,384 battles

Wait till they start shooting you. Your OWN bot team mates. I’ve gotten accustomed to it. Make a depth charge run *bam* usually a single shell or two from a nearby frenemy bot. I guess that’s their way of saying good job.

[PVE]
Members
8,500 posts
24,554 battles
12 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Wait till they start shooting you. Your OWN bot team mates. I’ve gotten accustomed to it. Make a depth charge run *bam* usually a single shell or two from a nearby frenemy bot. I guess that’s their way of saying good job.

Standard Operating Bot

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
Members
128 posts
23,221 battles

i saw the same thing happen. our bot DD was bearing down on a sub and just as he should have done the attack he stopped and then went around the sub.

[CVA16]
Members
6,430 posts
19,969 battles
1 hour ago, Learux said:

Who cares about bots.

Well, if I have to depend on them to win because most of my  team is bots, I tend to care. Especially in the sub mode where you need your bot DDs to deal with subs.  

Sign in to follow this