You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SkywhaleExpress

Wargaming, please start perma-banning AFK bots

14 comments in this topic

[STW-A]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
1,236 posts
19,974 battles

Please, please please... start perma-banning consistently AFK bots. There is a difference between once or twice being AFK the entire match due to internet out... and actually having cherry red tomato stats and consistently 0 to 200 xp.

Names of offenders have been removed, due to the illogical "name and shame" policy. And, we know you have the data to be able to tell whom is just a bot that never actually plays. In this case, the KGV probably normally tries and just doesn't know what he's doing... he probably lost connection. The Fuso, he can't even break 11k damage... that's secondaries engaging somewhere.

Both of these AFKs in the match cost an entire flank to collapse, and Amalfi/Bismarck to be able to get away with rushing and killing easily.

Edit: I was accused of  shaming the other players too, so here is an edited screenshot with only my name shown.

2037770464_AFKbots.thumb.png.2854e73de9a9d7c0ffcafed1a04ddd12.pngnoshame.thumb.jpg.13519752a77ac22195e22d780183d590.jpg

• Boring 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,324 posts
14,923 battles

Zero means they never made it into the match which is an internet/computer issue and I will bet that these people have systems that are well above the minimums.

• Cool 3

[STW-A]
1,236 posts
19,974 battles
12 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Zero means they never made it into the match which is an internet/computer issue and I will bet that these people have systems that are well above the minimums.

zero just means they didn't move their ship. I've tested this even as far back as Alpha. You literally get XP for moving your ship or even firing your guns into the water.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,324 posts
14,923 battles
6 minutes ago, SkywhaleExpress said:

zero just means they didn't move their ship. I've tested this even as far back as Alpha. You literally get XP for moving your ship or even firing your guns into the water.

Yeah but they didn't do anything. The old fire your guns but do nothing got fixed and you only get experience if you have moved far enough, the exact distance is unknown, or have done damage to enemy ships. I got a zero a long time back after being blapped by a BB in my French cruiser after my shot at another ship came up blank even though I hit them, it happens. The more likely thing to see which is hard if not impossible to tell from poor play is fast yolo's which the leveling "services" but the poor players will have occasional good matches.

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
5,063 posts
19,384 battles

Not to derail the thread subject but I’d be okay with a bot going pink just like real players do and be relegated to the same conditions of orange. In Submarine Battles it seemed every time I went to depth charge a sub a green bot surface boat would shoot me if it was near by. After about the third time I was like :Smile_playing:

Edited by Capt_Ahab1776

[WORX]
Members
13,225 posts
20,079 battles

You hit the MM lottery, two ships with connection issues, on the same side in the same match... Rare...

The current system does a good job at dealing with AFK and bad connection folks... You see them every time making threads in the forums how they were "Pink" for no reason.

Perma ban is already in place... It takes a lot to trigger it... I also dont agree with lowering the standards to trigger/achieve a perma ban...

Its not Oprah..

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Boring 1

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles

Did the bots play the 110 or 61 games all in the same day? If not they are not bots.

Don't falsely accuse players of being bots because of low PRs. I've been checking player PRs a lot lately and have seen plenty of players with sub 400 PRs active in battles.

They don't understand much of how to play the game or have very bad lag that impairs their ability in a match. When you question why they are doing something odd or nothing it's usually "Hey I'm here to just have fun". So sorry if they hurt your win rate but your assertion is incorrect.

[STW-A]
1,236 posts
19,974 battles
2 hours ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

Did the bots play the 110 or 61 games all in the same day? If not they are not bots.

Don't falsely accuse players of being bots because of low PRs. I've been checking player PRs a lot lately and have seen plenty of players with sub 400 PRs active in battles.

They don't understand much of how to play the game or have very bad lag that impairs their ability in a match. When you question why they are doing something odd or nothing it's usually "Hey I'm here to just have fun". So sorry if they hurt your win rate but your assertion is incorrect.

I'm not falsely accusing the player. I'm tracking their progress, even. The KGV is obviously someone who usually tries, as he does more than secondary damage. The other guy consistently has 0 xp battles /etc. 

I've been disconnected a few times myself, including last night... but the rest of my stats show I do stuff. So did the KGV. The Fuso did not.

Also.. it's not about the loss. I lose ~45% of my games already, in the long run. I'm no unicorn player. It's just simply about the fact there is a well known fact that people are AFK'ing intentionally out there.  I've never seen even the tomato-est of players have zero instances of good play. This isn't about shaming the bad players, because I'm nobody's gift to the game. It's about well known bots/intentional match throwing by not actually playing.

[WORX]
Members
13,225 posts
20,079 battles
3 minutes ago, SkywhaleExpress said:

The KGV is obviously someone who usually tries, as he does more than secondary damage.

If you're tracking their progress (which I highly doubt). Math is law and statistics tells me... With only 175 games between them, compared to your 14k...

Its extremely rare, you will see them again... If you do see them again, it will fall under the realm of impossibility.

So, with a repeat chance of seeing them close to zero... Why care? Why advocate for something that is a non issue *based on the numbers*?

It happens, you play on... I recommend for you to let it go...

[WG]
WG Staff
360 posts
9,828 battles

If a player is not present in the game on a regular basis he will automatically will be flagged by our antiabuse system (same as TKers) and will only be able to join co-op battles unless the issue is fixed).

As for the legit bots we actually working on banning them on a regular basis. 

• Cool 2

Members
4,629 posts
45,353 battles

Trust me. Notorious botters are removed. I have not seen one in particular in ages.

And I only reported them once as afk/ bot reason on post battle report system.

It takes about roughly 3 months to remove one. That is based on one I encountered.

The investigation, like all things, must take time to assess because of the presumption of innocence. Evidence must be collected. In this case, data.

Be patient, the system does work. It's just slow.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,471 posts
11,002 battles

As I have previously posted I entered into a Coop battle in the Scharnhorst and the battle just started when we had a totally unexpected power failure (beautiful afternoon). Anyway, the power quickly came back on and I was able to (finally) log back into the battle and figured I would be (first) sunk and (then) pink. Actually, I was waaaay across the map up against an island, heavily damaged but with the battle still underway. Then I saw she had sunk 2 ships (obviously with secondaries) and shot down a couple of planes....or about what would have happened if I had actually helmed her....

Edited by DJC_499

[WG]
WG Staff
360 posts
9,828 battles

Yeah, Let's not punish those guys who experienced sudden power/network outage. They're already frustrated with that and pink status that they've earned. 

15 hours ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

It takes about roughly 3 months to remove one. That is based on one I encountered.

Consider I said nothing, but recently we've adjusted our bot detection processes and they'll be gone forever pretty fast. It may look sometimes like we're not doing anything about botters and those who decide to use illegal mods but it's a constant work and progress and some people actually realize that in order to keep playing the game they should uninstall whatever scripts they are using. 

[STW-A]
1,236 posts
19,974 battles
1 hour ago, foodprinter said:

Yeah, Let's not punish those guys who experienced sudden power/network outage. They're already frustrated with that and pink status that they've earned. 

Consider I said nothing, but recently we've adjusted our bot detection processes and they'll be gone forever pretty fast. It may look sometimes like we're not doing anything about botters and those who decide to use illegal mods but it's a constant work and progress and some people actually realize that in order to keep playing the game they should uninstall whatever scripts they are using. 

That would be great if you guys are. It just feels like this last two weeks, there are constantly more than there have been in the past.

There's a difference between the guy whose account shows he tries, and the guy who is in a farragut map edging and auto firing every 5-6 seconds, always same distance his shells fly, and check his stats... he does 2k average damage and NEVER sinks a boat.

Like my screenshots show, the KGV is obviously someone whom actually tries in most of his battles. The Fuso, with more secondary hits/accuracy than overall main battery, and overall low dmg... I dunno.

In contrast, I had two more matches last night where the person obviously tries, but he got disconnected. A Nicholas AFK half the match ended up joining back in just in time to help win. A Shimakaze was idle for 5 minutes, but then got in and did work. Their accounts show they usually do well-- maybe not 50% or above WR/high PR, but any average damage above 10k at t10 and above 5k at t5 means they're usually actually trying.

Generally, I'm happy with how WG handles things... it just feels like there's been an uptick in it.