Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Landing_Skipper

Update Fail

6 comments in this topic

[-GPS-]
Members
2,932 posts
39,110 battles

I have updates set to automatic with early downloading.  Tonight I tried to log on and got an error message about my game client being out of date.  However, the launcher screen said it was up to date.  Hmmm, I go to Settings/Updates and try to manually start an update.  No joy.  I messed around for a few minutes and finally launched WG Check to see if I could trigger a manual update from there.  That worked.

I was a computer programmer back when mini-computers were a thing.  The sloppiness and lack of testing aptitudes with WG programmers would have gotten me fired in a New York minute.

[SOFOP]
Members
2,489 posts
15,404 battles

And yet...tens of thousands of people updated just fine.  What is more likely....the patch was faulty, yet worked for thousands of people, or there was an unexpected glitch in your patching or your client that required a check process to clear up?

[OTG]
Beta Testers
593 posts
10,163 battles

Didnt want game center.  And when I try and update it tells me its already running in the background.  So, wont play because I need to update and wont update

[TAFFY]
[TAFFY]
Members
2 posts
10,095 battles

Same here same fail cannot and will not update. burning up and wasting my paid premium subscription and keeping me from playing clans. cannot even tell my clan why i am not there.

My generation is stereotyped as not accepting of technology. Fact is my generation is not accepting of things that do not work and not getting what we paid for.

Getting tired of these fails. Gotta remember this game is from the land of YUGO not TOYOTA

SMH

Sign in to follow this