You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Tiramon

Aircraft Carriers Years ago and Now

4 comments in this topic

[LGN]
Beta Testers
3 posts
765 battles

First of all its been just under a year since I played world of warships and the last time I played carriers was before this current mode. I have read through the forums of some of the gripes and whines and I have to agree with one thing said most definitely. YOU took the advice of the MAJORITY of the community who wouldn't know an Aircraft Carrier if it walked up and bit them in the BEHIND!!! Instead of taking the feedback of the people who played them you took the advice of the whiners who don't Carriers were actually pretty good before you changed them to this trash. But there were reasons I quit playing before and I remember VIVIDLY now why that was. AI ships who when on your team SUCK and when on the enemy team or a team primarily made up of them YOU CANNOT WIN AGAINST. Secondly its become a pay to win game. This mode has killed SO MANY games I have loved dearly over the years and instead of learning your lessons from World of Tanks you implemented a slightly different version but with the same effect here. If it wasn't you would not have AI players in matches. So again. Greed over player concerns … Thanks Wargaming. When you want to have a serious conversation on how to fix your games with REAL adults and not the 10 to 20 crowd who haven't finished pooping green yet let us know till then … you will continue to lose players with just a few coming back over curiosity like I did over the submarine addition .. which I like but is not enough to keep me. Thanks for so many years of enjoyment till you killed it. 

• Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
8,500 posts
24,590 battles
1 hour ago, Y_Nagato said:

Wut?

Played sub mode...saw bots...assumed he was playing regular random?

2 hours ago, Tiramon said:

First of all its been just under a year since I played world of warships and the last time I played carriers was before this current mode. I have read through the forums of some of the gripes and whines and I have to agree with one thing said most definitely. YOU took the advice of the MAJORITY of the community who wouldn't know an Aircraft Carrier if it walked up and bit them in the BEHIND!!! Instead of taking the feedback of the people who played them you took the advice of the whiners who don't Carriers were actually pretty good before you changed them to this trash. But there were reasons I quit playing before and I remember VIVIDLY now why that was. AI ships who when on your team SUCK and when on the enemy team or a team primarily made up of them YOU CANNOT WIN AGAINST. Secondly its become a pay to win game. This mode has killed SO MANY games I have loved dearly over the years and instead of learning your lessons from World of Tanks you implemented a slightly different version but with the same effect here. If it wasn't you would not have AI players in matches. So again. Greed over player concerns … Thanks Wargaming. When you want to have a serious conversation on how to fix your games with REAL adults and not the 10 to 20 crowd who haven't finished pooping green yet let us know till then … you will continue to lose players with just a few coming back over curiosity like I did over the submarine addition .. which I like but is not enough to keep me. Thanks for so many years of enjoyment till you killed it. 

Still no AI in regular random...the sub mode is temporary & is a test mode.

As for the CV rework they didn't take anybody's advice...they changed it so subs could be implemented (as in only 1 squadron & a fighter consumable active at a time from any 1 CV instead of multiple squads/CV making subs impossible to implement).

Neither the majority or the minority had anything to do w/the CV rework (although a balancing of player skills allowing a CV player to be able to neuter another CV player in a few passes was inadvertently removed on account of the changes they made...& realizing this was going to happen they took credit for it by proclaiming it was their actual intent...brilliant PR department...gotta give credit where credit is due).

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[M-O-M]
Members
173 posts
7,766 battles

I was impressed withe special mode WOWS put subs in. Perhaps WOWS could revive the old CV RTS playstyle in a similar mode and bring back the Bogue, Zuito,the Independence, etc.  Perhaps they can call it "Classic CV" play.  I miss dispatching fighters to scout and defend ships. The new playstyle just makes CVs useless for anything other than target practice (unless its is a Graf Zepplin that fights like a Mikasa!)

NJ Roc