Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BladedPheonix

WG game center won't accept my password

19 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,668
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,864 posts
17,543 battles

Howdy sailors,

 

So yeah, the Wg game center won't let me log in with my password despite it being the same since 2012. Yet  the same password will be accepted when logging onto the main website. :fish_palm:

 

I find it ironic  too, today I finally get to test subs due to the token system, but I'm locked out.:Smile_sceptic:

 

any suggestions or help would be appreceiated.

 

until next time C'ya on the  seas! :cap_look:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,549
[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,462 posts
17,559 battles

request to reset your pass from the website option .....

 

:cap_horn:

 

since your acnt link to forum acnt. After that you have to re log into forum with new pass too, don't forget

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,382
[WORX]
Members
13,334 posts
20,173 battles
5 minutes ago, BladedPheonix said:

Howdy sailors,

 

So yeah, the Wg game center won't let me log in with my password despite it being the same since 2012. Yet  the same password will be accepted when logging onto the main website. :fish_palm:

 

I find it ironic  too, today I finally get to test subs due to the token system, but I'm locked out.:Smile_sceptic:

 

any suggestions or help would be appreceiated.

 

until next time C'ya on the  seas! :cap_look:

You log in tot he forum so it works... Few things...

  • Make sure its typed correctly
  • Make sure the right region is selected..
  • Make sure PTS or any other game mods are selected...

 

Basically, if you log in to the Forums, you can log on to WGC and lon in to the game as well.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,668
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,864 posts
17,543 battles
5 minutes ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

request to reset your pass from the website option .....

 

:cap_horn:

 

since your acnt link to forum acnt. After that you have to re log into forum with new pass too, don't forget

 Ok dumb question, do I just do this once? I also have WOT & WOWP acounts, do I do this for each of them.:Smile_unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,382
[WORX]
Members
13,334 posts
20,173 battles
1 minute ago, BladedPheonix said:

 Ok dumb question, do I just do this once? I also have WOT & WOWP acounts, do I do this for each of them.:Smile_unsure:

You log on to them if you're going to play WOWP or WOT...

WGC is good at managing multiple acct. across the platforms... On the upper left of WGC, click on the NA (if you're log in) it will ask if to remember your credentials.

I dont use it.

Keep in mind, multiple log ins will slow down performance on some users machines.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,549
[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,462 posts
17,559 battles
3 minutes ago, BladedPheonix said:

I also have WOT & WOWP acounts, do I do this for each of them

are they link to 1 email you used?

 

you can try the elimination method

So try to log in with your old pass on those acnt first then use the new pass

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,668
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,864 posts
17,543 battles
Just now, ObiphanKenobi said:

are they link to 1 email you used?

 

you can try the elimination method

So try to log in with your old pass on those acnt first then use the new pass

My account is old enough that it went through the unification for wowp/wot/wows. just wondering though if i have to do this for each website though or will it work for all of them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,668
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,864 posts
17,543 battles

actually, dumb idea here......

 

what if I sent in a ticket requesting the current password? they could treat it as a........"confirmation":cap_hmm:

 

@Hapa_Fodder  is this allowed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,904
[CVLUL]
Members
5,441 posts
12,517 battles
6 minutes ago, BladedPheonix said:

actually, dumb idea here......

 

what if I sent in a ticket requesting the current password? they could treat it as a........"confirmation":cap_hmm:

 

@Hapa_Fodder  is this allowed?

I'm pretty sure the WGC defaults to EU server. obviously, your account will not work on EU server, so it says the password is incorrect.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,668
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,864 posts
17,543 battles
22 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

You log in tot he forum so it works... Few things...

  • Make sure its typed correctly
  • Make sure the right region is selected..
  • Make sure PTS or any other game mods are selected...

 

Basically, if you log in to the Forums, you can log on to WGC and lon in to the game as well.

 

sorry it took so long to respond to you.:fish_aqua:

 

1: I only play on the Na server

2: I don't do the PTS servers, not room to DL them.

3: as mentioned above, the password works when logging into the forum but the game center won't accept it. it is the same password I've used since playing in 2012.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,668
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,864 posts
17,543 battles
3 minutes ago, Pulicat said:

I'm pretty sure the WGC defaults to EU server. obviously, your account will not work on EU server, so it says the password is incorrect.

nope, it says NA:Smile_amazed:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,382
[WORX]
Members
13,334 posts
20,173 battles
1 minute ago, BladedPheonix said:

sorry it took so long to respond to you.:fish_aqua:

 

1: I only play on the Na server

2: I don't do the PTS servers, not room to DL them.

3: as mentioned above, the password works when logging into the forum but the game center won't accept it. it is the same password I've used since playing in 2012.

 

I didn't mean where you play, I meant make sure in WGC you have the correct region selected.. IF you log in correctly, it will say NA on the upper left part of WGC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,668
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,864 posts
17,543 battles
Just now, Navalpride33 said:

I didn't mean where you play, I meant make sure in WGC you have the correct region selected.. IF you log in correctly, it will say NA on the upper left part of WGC.

ah, yes its still on NA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,382
[WORX]
Members
13,334 posts
20,173 battles
2 minutes ago, BladedPheonix said:

ah, yes its still on NA

If it says NA on top left... Then you should be able to enter the game...

If you cant enter, send a screen shot of your WGC....

Edited by Navalpride33

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,668
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,864 posts
17,543 battles

Honestly IDK why we need a login for support center in the first place. and I don't mean to sound old but, when I was growing up,  after you put the security code in and installed the game, that was it! no passwords or anything needed after that. 

:cap_old: yeah we should have a pass code for the website/forum but i don't see a purpose for our desktop launcher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,464
[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
15,689 battles
13 hours ago, BladedPheonix said:

Honestly IDK why we need a login for support center in the first place. and I don't mean to sound old but, when I was growing up,  after you put the security code in and installed the game, that was it! no passwords or anything needed after that. 

:cap_old: yeah we should have a pass code for the website/forum but i don't see a purpose for our desktop launcher.

After you initially log in on the WGC, it won't ask you again.

As for having to log in on the site on the regular, that is a security feature. Are you on discord at all? I can hop into a channel and walk you through making sure all your WGC settings are correct and try to help you get logged in?

If you haven't put a ticket in yet, please do so, the only thing I could think of that might be holding you up in the way you are describing is that the account and game instance don't match to NA. As stated above, but if both are set correctly, I am unsure why you're having the issue.

-Hapa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,668
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,864 posts
17,543 battles
On 6/3/2020 at 9:08 AM, Hapa_Fodder said:

After you initially log in on the WGC, it won't ask you again.

As for having to log in on the site on the regular, that is a security feature. Are you on discord at all? I can hop into a channel and walk you through making sure all your WGC settings are correct and try to help you get logged in?

If you haven't put a ticket in yet, please do so, the only thing I could think of that might be holding you up in the way you are describing is that the account and game instance don't match to NA. As stated above, but if both are set correctly, I am unsure why you're having the issue.

-Hapa

@Hapa_Fodder  No I don't have discord,  honestly I don't even know how to get it or use it.  though if someone were to teach/show me how,  I could probably be able to use it. I'm somewhat of a "fast learner"

 

 I just got a ticket/email on my issue this morning, but it says my "cell phone isn't" up to date? I don't have a cell phone (strange I know yes, but I have my reasons) and put my home-phone "land line" instead.:Smile_unsure: Says I have to fix this and then send another ticket?

 

what i'm looking at : It says login, clicked that. then I have my player name with Na in red in the corner right, says input email & password, it says NA on the top. so no, that's not the issue.

 

Duckman and a few others said if I can't remember or am having this problem I should reset my password and just pick a new one or reply the old one? what's your opinion on this? I don't want to break any rules or make the situation any worse than it already is.:cap_hmm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,464
[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
15,689 battles
Just now, BladedPheonix said:

@Hapa_Fodder  No I don't have discord,  honestly I don't even know how to get it or use it.  though if someone were to teach/show me how,  I could probably be able to use it. I'm somewhat of a "fast learner"

 

 I just got a ticket/email on my issue this morning, but it says my "cell phone isn't" up to date? I don't have a cell phone (strange I know yes, but I have my reasons) and put my home-phone "land line" instead.:Smile_unsure: Says I have to fix this and then send another ticket?

 

what i'm looking at : It says login, clicked that. then I have my player name with Na in red in the corner right, says input email & password, it says NA on the top. so no, that's not the issue.

 

Duckman and a few others said if I can't remember or am having this problem I should reset my password and just pick a new one or reply the old one? what's your opinion on this? I don't want to break any rules or make the situation any worse than it already is.:cap_hmm:

@foodprinter Could you help?

He is the super man of our CS team, hopefully he can get you straightened out!

Mahalo,

-Hapa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,668
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,864 posts
17,543 battles
1 minute ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

@foodprinter Could you help?

He is the super man of our CS team, hopefully he can get you straightened out!

Mahalo,

-Hapa

:cap_wander_2:whoa that was fast!

 

He responded to a comment of mine in another thread simular to this one. said basically the same stuff and to send in a ticket.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×