You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Dogget

Repeatedly Disconnected

75 comments in this topic

[BIGGS]
[BIGGS]
Members
102 posts
7,095 battles

In the last few days, my system, which worked fine, cannot stay connected.  Every 1-4 minutes I get bumped.  I reconnect, after losing HP, lol, and get to play for another minute or so.  Then... I freeze and get bounced.  Then I reconnect in time to see the last of my crew jumping into the water from my sinking ship.

It seems to one as ignorant about these things as I, that such repeated disconnects points to one or two possible culprits.  I tried a graphics card d/l at WOWs' suggestion but … nope.  Forget the MANY Pink penalties I "earned" for 'inactivity and leaving early' I just wanna play again.  Any ideas... puleeze!

Thanks,

Desperately Seeking Shooting

Edited by Dogget
Additional material

[BIGGS]
[BIGGS]
Members
102 posts
7,095 battles

Someone suggested d/l thru STEAM, so I sat thru an hour of that only to be told that I had to sign on with a diff account.  If there was some way to do that THEN get to my original account in SREAM, I would try that again.  Is that possible?

[PVE]
Members
8,507 posts
24,689 battles
1 hour ago, Dogget said:

In the last few days, my system, which worked fine, cannot stay connected.  Every 1-4 minutes I get bumped.  I reconnect, after losing HP, lol, and get to play for another minute or so.  Then... I freeze and get bounced.  Then I reconnect in time to see the last of my crew jumping into the water from my sinking ship.

It seems to one as ignorant about these things as I, that such repeated disconnects points to one or two possible culprits.  I tried a graphics card d/l at WOWs' suggestion but … nope.  Forget the MANY Pink penalties I "earned" for 'inactivity and leaving early' I just wanna play again.  Any ideas... puleeze!

Thanks,

Not a techie but know the 1st suggestion (which you may have already tried or may be a moot point) will always be to remove any mods if you have any on.

Not sure how steam works but for the PTS (which is a completely different server so this may not apply) rather than trying to log on w/your account you need to choose the option to start a new account & just load your regular account data from there.

Again...not a techie but hope something there can help you out.

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
5,080 posts
19,494 battles

You might could try contacting your IP. I had/have the same issues you are talking about. Sometimes worse than others. Come to find out it is my IP, they admitted it was a issue through them. That I am on a older network that is in the process of being replaced with a new fiber optic network. I was told I would basically just have to endure. The issue I’m having is micro disconnects. If browsing the web it may just appear as occasional lag. While gaming with WG it appears as a disconnect and just the hassle of having to reconnect occasionally. Just twiddling my thumbs and waiting patiently for the opportunity to get connected to the new network. It’s all I can do.

[WORX]
Members
13,350 posts
20,181 battles
1 hour ago, Dogget said:

I tried a graphics card d/l at WOWs' suggestion but … nope

????

What did you do to your GPU card ???

[WORX]
Members
13,350 posts
20,181 battles
1 hour ago, Dogget said:

Thanks,

Now, there is a lot of possibilities and not enough information... Regarding the "pink" warnings, you're only given pink if you fail in attempting to get back into battle...

If you attempt to get back into battle before the match is over, you're not pink.

I recommend to spill the beans as to what you done to your system.

• Any upgrades
  • Any installs
  • Anything you have done to alter your system...
  • What are your system specs...

The information given in the forum is amature quality... If you require more technical level of help, head to the making for the card *that is if you need more detailed help*

GL if we can help you out...

[BIGGS]
[BIGGS]
Members
102 posts
7,095 battles
2 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Now, there is a lot of possibilities and not enough information... Regarding the "pink" warnings, you're only given pink if you fail in attempting to get back into battle...

If you attempt to get back into battle before the match is over, you're not pink.

I recommend to spill the beans as to what you done to your system.

• Any upgrades
  • Any installs
  • Anything you have done to alter your system...
  • What are your system specs...

The information given in the forum is amature quality... If you require more technical level of help, head to the making for the card *that is if you need more detailed help*

GL if we can help you out...

Yes.  Not unwilling to 'fess up.'   The pink stopped after I figured out I could sign back in.  The problem started shortly after I installed several programs related to recording music on my computer.  Pro Tools First, Avid, Focusrite Solo Gen 3 audio interface, etc.  In a self-help mode, I uninstalled them, then everything else, then RESET, etc.  WOWs suggested an NVIDIA download, and I have that in now.  I'm not saying I was "wronged."  I, in my ignorance, thought that such a clear pattern might point to a known problem, with a known remedy.

[WORX]
Members
13,350 posts
20,181 battles
2 minutes ago, Dogget said:

Yes.  Not unwilling to 'fess up.'   The pink stopped after I figured out I could sign back in.  The problem started shortly after I installed several programs related to recording music on my computer.  Pro Tools First, Avid, Focusrite Solo Gen 3 audio interface, etc.  In a self-help mode, I uninstalled them, then everything else, then RESET, etc.  WOWs suggested an NVIDIA download, and I have that in now.  I'm not saying I was "wronged."  I, in my ignorance, thought that such a clear pattern might point to a known problem, with a known remedy.

I dont see how programs related to sound would cause problems with your GPU...

So what did you do to your GPU ?>

[BIGGS]
[BIGGS]
Members
102 posts
7,095 battles

I downloaded the full NVIDIA system.

[BIGGS]
[BIGGS]
Members
102 posts
7,095 battles
3 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

????

What did you do to your GPU card ???

Demonstrating the scope of my ignorance, by "card" you mean download, right?  I installed the full NVIDIA package.

[WORX]
Members
13,350 posts
20,181 battles
1 minute ago, Dogget said:

I downloaded the full NVIDIA system.

What process did you use to install your GPU driver ?

[BIGGS]
[BIGGS]
Members
102 posts
7,095 battles
1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

I dont see how programs related to sound would cause problems with your GPU...

So what did you do to your GPU ?>

I don't either.  But then I uninstalled almost everything.  Then underwent a "Full" Reset.  (Except, a lot of things were still there when it came back on.)  Perhaps I didn't execute a FULL factory reset.  Should I try that again?

[BIGGS]
[BIGGS]
Members
102 posts
7,095 battles
2 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

What process did you use to install your GPU driver ?

I don't know what that means.  I followed the steps provided by Microsoft.  Beyond that, I don't know.  What were my options?

[WORX]
Members
13,350 posts
20,181 battles
Just now, Dogget said:

I don't know what that means.  I followed the steps provided by Microsoft.  Beyond that, I don't know.  What were my options?

Think back, when you installed your GPU driver, what was the installation process ?

[BIGGS]
[BIGGS]
Members
102 posts
7,095 battles
11 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Think back, when you installed your GPU driver, what was the installation process ?

WOWs sent me to Ping Plotter where I recorded a 30 min 'baseline' graph, then one during a Battle where I was disconnected three times.  Not sure if I properly attached it to my return mail to them, but we will see.

[WG]
WG Staff
360 posts
9,828 battles

Pingplotter is currently the best tool to investigate connection issues. Let me know if you have any issue with support so I could escalate it if needed. 

When it comes to connection issues most players think that it's WG to blame for any disconnects but it's not that simple. The most important part is to understand where these issues occur. If that's your router or network settings - it should be fairly simple to resolve. If any issues on the server - we can reach out to the appropriate team. But very often problems appear on the ISP side and those are a little harder to deal with since ISP generally don't recognize these issues unless you provide them some proofs. Support is there to help you no matter where your connection issues appeared

[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,280 posts
16,494 battles
1 hour ago, foodprinter said:

Pingplotter is currently the best tool to investigate connection issues. Let me know if you have any issue with support so I could escalate it if needed. 

When it comes to connection issues most players think that it's WG to blame for any disconnects but it's not that simple. The most important part is to understand where these issues occur. If that's your router or network settings - it should be fairly simple to resolve. If any issues on the server - we can reach out to the appropriate team. But very often problems appear on the ISP side and those are a little harder to deal with since ISP generally don't recognize these issues unless you provide them some proofs. Support is there to help you no matter where your connection issues appeared

Just wanted to chime in that I too have been suffering lots of lag and disconnects in the last 2 weeks.  I have no other issues with any other game I play, none.  I have reset routers, etc.  So just wanted to let you know that it may be something on your end.  Usually ships is pretty smooth, with very few disconnects.

[WG]
WG Staff
360 posts
9,828 battles

@Morpheous I know it may look like it for you that would affect a large number of people. To be honest in any outcome we need to collect network diagnostic data using Pingplotter in order to see where the issue appears. If it's on your end - we'll let you know, if it's somewhere on the ISP end ( you'd be surprised how many hops your signal should go through on the way from your computer to our servers and back and the problem might appear on any of them) will provide you with information that you need in order to reach out to them and prove the problem. And if it's on our servers somewhere, our network engineers would still require a diagnostic date to see where exactly is the problem. 

The best way to provide that information is by submitting ticket. 

• Cool 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,432 posts
17,387 battles
On 6/2/2020 at 4:48 PM, Dogget said:

Thanks,

This morning at 06:41 AM  game just disconnected and would not reconnect

Members
348 posts
2 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

Me too middle of a ranked battle.

[77ARC]
Beta Testers
263 posts
4 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

Missed the announcement for server maint ehh?

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,432 posts
17,387 battles
6 minutes ago, Dadrox said:

Missed the announcement for server maint ehh?

Nope just disconnected waited till after 06:30  AM   just to avoid that  scenario and it still will not reconnect just one  more issue with Always Online:etc_swear:And Oh Yes I did submit a ticket not that I expect it to do any after the Non Support with the control issues lately,And mission not crediting me with torps spotted in the fourth mission 3rd task of the Strong Willed  Campaign🤦🏻‍♂️:Smile-angry:

Edited by shadowsrmine

[WG]
WG Staff
360 posts
9,828 battles

We had an unplanned server restart last night. Those are rare but sometimes needed. Sorry for any inconvenience.

If you experience anything like that in the future make sure to check the CS portal for any downtime notifications. If there's nothing there it's time to panic :)

[OOM]
[OOM]
Members
3 posts
5,754 battles

Since the latest major patch I get booted to desktop in the middle of matches every other match and sometimes twice in one game. Usually return to find the crew jumping off a sinking ship. Losing valuable stats and consumables time after time. this happens with mods and without mods and my game has worked just fine since it first started, I have been playing for years since day one. This is clearly a Wargaming issue that needs to be resolved. As a guild leader I would hate to have to quit this game.

20200606_194044.zip

Edited by Rottenguts