You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Bloodyneck92

Devastating strike, 30k torp hit?

8 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
67 posts
2,733 battles

Hey all, I main CVs and am very consistent with hitting my targets with all 3 armaments, in hundreds or thousands of torpedo hits since I came back to WoWS today I got the first devastating torpedo hit I've seen since the rework (Shokaku vs Sinop, the singular torp did ~30k damage)

Was there a patch that changed something in the last few days? Is this chance just ungodly low and I got very lucky here? Have I been aiming torps incorrectly this whole time?

A bit more about the drop in question, the Sinop was reversing, so as opposed to leading the target and hitting the bow and center of the ship the drop was more rearwards focused. I recalled planes and sent out a new wave so I'm not sure exactly where I hit on the ship as both torps should've easily hit but the first one KO'd the Sinop. Notably the drop was also dangerously close, basically right on, the arming line and I'm not sure if that played a role at all.

Does anyone have any more information as to how to aim for these specifically?

Thanks in advance for any further information.

[5D4]
Members
36 posts
7,538 battles

I've had dev strikes with torps before but it's pretty rare.  So you got lucky.

Beta Testers
67 posts
2,733 battles

detonation would make sense except for the fact that there was no "detonated" announcement in chat (yes I looked). I didn't however remember to check the post battle report for the award there so maybe? I guess it is the most plausible explination. 

[THREE]
Members
2,151 posts
10,967 battles
9 minutes ago, Bloodyneck92 said:

detonation would make sense except for the fact that there was no "detonated" announcement in chat (yes I looked). I didn't however remember to check the post battle report for the award there so maybe? I guess it is the most plausible explination. 

You got a screenshot?