Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017

What's Izumo good at?

32 comments in this topic

[NMKJT]
Members
3,291 posts
8,467 battles
5 minutes ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

Other than getting sunk in the first 5 minutes?

It's good at this.

shot-20_05.01_23_42.48-0885.thumb.jpg.6d64dc9cfeaa22673f55e8b3a4d3d4d0.jpg

This isn't 2016 anymore.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[HINON]
Members
8,993 posts
13,152 battles

whats OP good at? other than making threads complaining about IJN ships every 5 minutes?

• Funny 2

Alpha Tester
2,162 posts
6,727 battles

Accurate and consistent heavy fire. And bow tanking against Non Yamato class battleships.

It is not good at absorbing shells with its broadside or getting flanked.

[GOB]
Members
2,736 posts
1 hour ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

200 (1).gif

Members
4,476 posts
4,779 battles

Gatekeeping aside, Izumo is suppose your transition from normal battleship playstyle into a bow tanking playstyle. It can be the same long range combat or the more campy setup shop business see with Nelson and Dunkerque. The guns are accurate and everything about it is meh to keep you from wanting to get any closer than you need to. Punchy enough to do it's job but bland enough to want you to just get it over with to Yamato. So bland people in rank will ignore you even when you chunk an Iowa or Georgia for half their health. The Izumo can be strong, but Musashi will always do it's job better. Being a Yamato and all. 

[BFBTW]
Members
4,181 posts
9,581 battles

Izumo is overwhelmingly the best T9 tech tree battleship and competes with the premium ones at T9 in terms of strength.

That seems pretty good to me.

[O7]
Members
1,514 posts
11,702 battles

more then likely its the best tier 9 bb for farming PR since the stats are lowered so much by the original izumo being terrible. i would assume it competes with iowa.

Members
4,476 posts
4,779 battles

To my memory Izumo has the better HE, but Iowa isn't nearly as slow, large and is equally protected when not broadsiding. You would have to get around Izumo's X turret too. Not a lot of super structure though. I want to throw Soyuz into the mix too but that's apples and oranges.  

[SIDE]
Members
4,939 posts
34 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

Izumo is overwhelmingly the best T9 tech tree battleship and competes with the premium ones at T9 in terms of strength.

That seems pretty good to me.

Izumo is actually pretty sexy, now, but it ain't Veronica Zemanova. Buffed Freddie and the Alsace are excellent too.

[RBMKI]
Members
376 posts
6,252 battles

It's main mission is winning for your randoms team.

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles
4 hours ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

Getting free xp’d to yammy then sitting in port unitl snowflakes come around.

[HODL]
Members
57 posts
4,571 battles

after suffering through the izumo, i sympathize, here are some tips

1) bow on all the time, never give your broadside to anything

2) keep everything at arms length, this is not a ship that pushes, it has long ranged heavy guns, shoot things 20+km away, not 10km away

3) AP - never HE

4) learn how to shoot, those are accurate guns.  if you can only hit stuff from 10-14km then you aren't a good enough shot to use this beast

5) learn to live with the strange shot pattern, this ship will drive you up a wall with odd scatter to its shots.  live with it.  it's accurate not precise.  

6) live with the random cit hits.  I remember the most frustrating thing about that boat was taking cits on the first salvo from a Yamato, and being sunk in one shot.  the RNG is not your friend with the Izumo.  this is why it's so important to be bow on, it minimizes the cit chances against you.

the izumo is something you can push later in matches, much like most BBs, just know you'll never dodge a torp.  it's far too slow to turn, stop or accelerate, so if you push into a DD you deserve the L; furthermore it's secondaries are all clustered in the back and sides, meaning bow on your secondaries do little when you push, and since this is NOT a ship you want to broadside with, you'll find those secondaries are largely worthless.

Edited by Azanimefan

[UN1]
Members
1,385 posts
4,471 battles
3 hours ago, Azanimefan said:

5) learn to live with the strange shot pattern, this ship will drive you up a wall with odd scatter to its shots.  live with it.  it's accurate not precise. 

This is probably the #1 issue players have with the Izumo (and Soyuz).  I noticed it as well when playing her; due to having exceptionally high velocity guns, she's got pretty crazy vertical dispersion.  She's excellent at putting out enemy fires from her shell splash.

• Funny 1

[WOOKY]
[WOOKY]
Members
652 posts
12,806 battles

I rather enjoyed izumo. Yeah the occasional wild shell on perfectly flat broadside CA at 8km will drive you to curse, but overall a nice T9.

[ARGSY]
Members
24,433 posts
18,402 battles
8 hours ago, tcbaker777 said:

whats OP good at? other than making threads complaining about IJN ships every 5 minutes?

He complained about the Fiji yesterday, so there's hope for improvement...

[WOLFC]
Members
2,771 posts
11,285 battles
9 hours ago, MnemonScarlet said:

It's good at this.

shot-20_05.01_23_42.48-0885.thumb.jpg.6d64dc9cfeaa22673f55e8b3a4d3d4d0.jpg

This isn't 2016 anymore.

^This.

I’d rather take my Izumo out for a battle than my Musashi.

• Cool 1

[SIDE]
Members
4,939 posts
49 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

^This.

I’d rather take my Izumo out for a battle than my Musashi.

Heresy. You'd take Izumo over a tier 9 Yamato?

• Funny 1

[WOLFC]
Members
2,771 posts
11,285 battles
22 minutes ago, thebigblue said:

Heresy. You'd take Izumo over a tier 9 Yamato?

Yup. Izumo’s shells tend to fall where you aim. I find Musashi’s dispersion to be very trolly.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Cool 1

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,733 posts
11,192 battles

I hated the early Izumo.  I haven't taken the buffed version out, but I have played against it.  It seems much better now, and lots of players like it.  It hits like a truck.  The secret to that ship is to provide an angled bow tank and keep those front guns looking forward.  It isn't a good kite ship and doesn't have good side protection of its citadel, so don't get into a position where you need to turn and get away.  Its 410mm guns can plow through most ship's armour.

If I didn't have so many other ships on the grind list right now, I'd be inclined to take it out for a spin.

Sign in to follow this