Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Learux

Port GPU usage

9 comments in this topic

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
5,079 posts
19,484 battles

I noticed when my graphics card was failing that the port taxes your GPU. Then temp soared. I have since replaced it and it’s better.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

Many people find that the port is more taxing on their graphics card than the battles are. 

One of the reasons I always set my port for Ocean, and that it's so obnoxious that WG force-changes the port setting every time they release a new or updated port. 

[WOLF8]
Members
739 posts
9,631 battles
21 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Many people find that the port is more taxing on their graphics card than the battles are. 

One of the reasons I always set my port for Ocean, and that it's so obnoxious that WG force-changes the port setting every time they release a new or updated port. 

I also use Ocean for my port even though I have a fairly new PC.  Shame really, since most of the ports are exceptional eye candy.  Just don't see a need to tax my CPU/GPU for momentary glimpses...

[BOTO]
Members
1,460 posts
18,215 battles
47 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

I use the Fjord port and it doesn't bother my old GTX 1060 3GB card at all.  I would guess that some people have a problem due to outdated drivers.

• Boring 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
1 minute ago, Aaron_S_Merrill said:

I use the Fjord port and it doesn't bother my old GTX 1060 3GB card at all.  I would guess that some people have a problem due to outdated drivers.

Updating drivers has never helped on this issue, and it's been ongoing for a LONG time. 

• Cool 1

[GT99]
Members
802 posts
13,151 battles
57 minutes ago, Aaron_S_Merrill said:

It's not driver related, it just uses a lot of resources.

Sign in to follow this