You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralJeff76

Please revert the co-op point changes

48 comments in this topic

[R-F]
Members
333 posts
11,925 battles

I played my 7 games in the Mikoyan for tokens in co-op last night and we didn't zero the enemy team once. Unlike the snowflake events, I had to wait for the game to end every time before I'd get the ship back for another go. This took a very long time. Please revert the change to that I can get back to playing other game modes more quickly when events like this come around. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 6
  • Boring 16

[BFBTW]
Members
4,181 posts
9,581 battles

I would be ok with these changes if they only applied for non-CV games.

In non-CV games, it ends fast because the bots all go towards you. But with CVs, normally the game lasts much longer as you chase down teh CV.

Most of the coop games I have been playing run into the same problem too.

• Boring 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

"Sorry" some of you are having a harder time using Co-op as your personal speed-farming YOLO-toilet since WG mitigated the high rate of "mercy rule" by tweaking the starting points on some battle types.  :Smile_sceptic:

Those of us who are actually in Co-op because we prefer that mode over the slogging vision-manipulation meta and toxic chat atmosphere of Randoms are overwhelmingly happy with the change, appreciate that WG finally did something to mitigate the problem, and will encourage them to retain the changes. 

• Cool 43
  • Boring 2

[D-DAY]
Members
6,979 posts
2 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

"Sorry" some of you are having a harder time using Co-op as your personal speed-farming YOLO-toilet since WG mitigated the high rate of "mercy rule" by tweaking the starting points on some battle types.  :Smile_sceptic:

Those of us who are actually in Co-op because we prefer that mode over the slogging vision-manipulation meta and toxic chat atmosphere of Randoms are overwhelmingly happy with the change, appreciate that WG finally did something to mitigate the problem, and will encourage them to retain the changes. 

Amen!

Although I consider the OP is just trolling - his post is 'all about me', like a child throwing a tantrum because he can't do what he wants and to hell with the benefit to other players. Highly unlikely any grown up is this petty lol :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
26,315 posts
30,328 battles
34 minutes ago, Ossiuum said:

I played my 7 games in the Mikoyan for tokens in co-op last night and we didn't zero the enemy team once. Unlike the snowflake events, I had to wait for the game to end every time before I'd get the ship back for another go. This took a very long time. Please revert the change to that I can get back to playing other game modes more quickly when events like this come around. 

:Smile_facepalm:

Boo-frickin-hoo!!!  Coop mode isn't meant for players like you.  It's not meant to be a mode where PvP players can farm wins or whatever in the shortest time possible.

• Cool 4

[A-I-M]
Members
4,084 posts
15,213 battles
39 minutes ago, Crucis said:

:Smile_facepalm:

Boo-frickin-hoo!!!  Coop mode isn't meant for players like you.  It's not meant to be a mode where PvP players can farm wins or whatever in the shortest time possible.

Originally, co-op wasn’t intended to be a career mode for players, per WG’s statements.

That having been said, I, as a PVP main who uses the mode for objective farming, don’t mind the scoring changes. The longer battles allow me more farming time for those “in a single battle” missions, and allow the PVE mains to do more of their thing. Everybody wins.

Yes, I wish CV battles were over faster, sometimes, but then oftentimes, I’m the guy finishing off the CV.

[R-F]
Members
333 posts
11,925 battles

To be clear, the OP was written in a somewhat trolly way but the sentiment is real. If they want co-op to be a real mode that takes this long, make the bots good enough that they will actually win half the games like in randoms. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 5

[SALVO]
Members
26,315 posts
30,328 battles
15 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Originally, co-op wasn’t intended to be a career mode for players, per WG’s statements.

That having been said, I, as a PVP main who uses the mode for objective farming, don’t mind the scoring changes. The longer battles allow me more farming time for those “in a single battle” missions, and allow the PVE mains to do more of their thing. Everybody wins.

Yes, I wish CV battles were over faster, sometimes, but then oftentimes, I’m the guy finishing off the CV.

Manny, I agree with the initial statement.  But the reality is that, over time, coop has become a truly PvE mode, whether you or I or WG likes it or not.  If WG hadn't wanted coop to become what it has, they should have made changes to it in the very early days.  But they didn't, and it's become what it is today.

Members
412 posts
12,031 battles

Personally, I find the AI seems to improve as you get to higher tiers. I honestly don't find the games taking that much longer than before - maybe an extra minute or two until the death of that CV.  Personally, I don't mind the change at all.

[SALVO]
Members
26,315 posts
30,328 battles
6 minutes ago, Ossiuum said:

To be clear, the OP was written in a somewhat trolly way but the sentiment is real. If they want co-op to be a real mode that takes this long, make the bots good enough that they will actually win half the games like in randoms. 

As far as regular coop players are concerned, it *IS* a "real mode".  Mind you, I wish that coop was a good deal more challenging, because it seems to me that a mode where achieving 95% WR's with almost no effort at all is a bit much.  I think that coop would be more entertaining if the "almost no effort at all" WR was closer to 50-60%.  And if one cared to earn a higher WR than that number, they'd actually have to work at it a little.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[RLGN]
Members
16,202 posts
28,082 battles
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

Manny, I agree with the initial statement.  But the reality is that, over time, coop has become a truly PvE mode, whether you or I or WG likes it or not.  If WG hadn't wanted coop to become what it has, they should have made changes to it in the very early days.  But they didn't, and it's become what it is today.

Agreed.

Part of that may have been the result. Of WG dragging its feet for so long over making the training room accessible by everyone, instead of just those willing to make code changes themselves.

I like long games anyway. More time to clean up bots, or flip caps.

I play late night, and get a lot of bots only games anyway. Them not yoloing to death and mercy rule ending the games is good civ.

• Cool 1

[FRR]
Members
971 posts
1 hour ago, Ossiuum said:

You're trolling.

[GOB]
Members
2,736 posts
2 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

teaetrjhanor.gif

[RVNHQ]
Members
428 posts
12,020 battles

OP is obviously trolling but I can only imagine the anger come the snowflake event.

[SALVO]
Members
26,315 posts
30,328 battles
1 minute ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Agreed.

Part of that may have been the result. Of WG dragging its feet for so long over making the training room accessible by everyone, instead of just those willing to make code changes themselves.

I like long games anyway. More time to clean up bots, or flip caps.

I play late night, and get a lot of bots only games anyway. Them not yoloing to death and mercy rule ending the games is good civ.

If I had my druthers, I'd like to see a number of changes to coop.  I don't know if coop players would like these ideas or not, but what the heck.  Here goes.

1.  CVs.  Make CVs a little smarter.  Have bot CVs cycle through their squadron types in turn (attack planes, then torp bombers, then dive bombers, then back to attack planes, and so on).  The reason being so that bot CVs don't constantly run themselves dry of planes and end up sending squadrons of single planes.

2. Increase the coop queue timer a little bit, perhaps up to 45 seconds (from 30), to increase the chances of getting a player team with more live players and fewer friendly bots.

That's all for now.  I've had more ideas in the past, but I'm taking a little break from the game and I don't remember my old "coop improvement" ideas right now.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
24,433 posts
18,402 battles
2 hours ago, Ossiuum said:

Please revert the change to that I can get back to playing other game modes more quickly when events like this come around. 

No.

Co-op players WANTED these changes and had been asking for them for some time, because they were continually being frustrated by having two to three enemy ships still on the board when the points zeroed out.

You don't deserve to undo that just for the sake of your own convenience.

I have no objection to Randoms mains coming to co-op to farm missions; I do it a lot myself. But you need to understand that we play by a different set of rules now. We want all the red bots dead, and we're prepared to stay in game longer in order to do it. If you're expecting to be carried to a quick win, change your attitude now. The faster you help us kill them, the sooner you will be able to hit the Battle On button for the next round.

• Cool 2

[RVNHQ]
Members
428 posts
12,020 battles

I am just a filthy Co-op guy but how long is the average Random match, 10 minutes or so? At least in Co-op you are basically guaranteed a win.

Edit; thought I recognized that entitlement:

itL

Edited by Beleaf_
  • Funny 1

Members
4,138 posts
14,854 battles
5 minutes ago, Beleaf_ said:

I am just a filthy Co-op guy but how long is the average Random match, 10 minutes or so? At least in Co-op you are basically guaranteed a win.

itL

I knew this thread felt familiar. I guess we're all just repeating ourselves. Endless circles. 

[RVNHQ]
Members
428 posts
12,020 battles

Snowflake event will be fun this year. If I had a dollar for every "oops, I clicked the wrong game mode" I would have enough to whale out on those Santa crates.

• Funny 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,330 posts
14,924 battles
22 minutes ago, Beleaf_ said:

itL

I would say closer to 15 minutes for random matches although the winner is often obvious long before that.