Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Sabot_100

Mikoyan

7 comments in this topic

[CVA16]
Members
5,145 posts
15,364 battles

Won/earned this ship and am struggling to figure out how to make it work. Even with a decent captain from my Molotov. The weak/non existent armor dictates a long range playstyle where the guns are meh and the torps useless..

The stats say it is doing OK  (low number of games though). Better at least than the Kirov even though Mikoyan seems to be an inferior ship in about every way. Just to compare, I took out my other T5 "heavy', the Furrytaco, and had a much easier time making that work.

Members
799 posts
5,509 battles

HE isn’t her thing so max range sniping doesn’t really suit her. It can if that’s all you got but she can crush cruisers up close or mid. Need cover and angling as well as wise target selection and situational awareness. It’s a lot to ask to make her work but you’ll get those moments where get a few cits or a dev strike and then you say”ohhh ok”. But not every map allows this and not every game goes her way. Avoid drawing BB attention in her. If a BB is already engaged feel free to start a fire or drop AP on her if she’s flat to you. Angle vs cruisers and go for the blap. 

Edited by KnifeInUrNeck

[-PVE-]
Members
250 posts
13,014 battles

You will lose your steering and engine often. Maybe a good DD trainer.  

Edited by Mykawa

[KRAK]
Members
1,248 posts
14,666 battles

I have a 19 point captain in mine, and still find the Hawkins T5 Royal Navy cruiser more effective. The 19 pointer came from Chappy. I have had all the Russian cruisers, and this is the hardest one to play. Kirov was a blast in comparison.

[CVA16]
Members
5,145 posts
15,364 battles
2 hours ago, Ericson38 said:

Kirov was a blast in comparison.

Thats one thing that is confusing me. Mik is currently doing better than Kirov. Not way better, but I would expect Kirov to trounce it. 50% more of the same guns.  Much better armor (not great armor, but better). Better AA.

[GRAVE]
Members
1,114 posts
17,953 battles
28 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

Thats one thing that is confusing me. Mik is currently doing better than Kirov. Not way better, but I would expect Kirov to trounce it. 50% more of the same guns.  Much better armor (not great armor, but better). Better AA.

Probably because far more people have Kirov, and Kirov has been around 4yrs longer than Mikoyan. Mikoyan’s low battle count skews the stats dramatically, even though Kirov is the better ship

Members
34 posts

I only just got Mikoyan after completing Directive 4 of the event, but I'd previously ground out the Kirov when I found out that was going to become a premium... would I be entirely wrong calling Mikoyan 2/3 of a Kirov at the same tier? It sure feels like it is. 2/3 the guns, about 2/3 the armor... The only advantage Mikoyan seems to have over Kirov is slightly better AP damage, but since she's firing fewer barrels- at the same range, on the same reload timer, with wacky dispersion- a smidge more damage per shell doesn't feel like nearly enough to close the gap.

Is there a trick to making her carry her weight better- or is she just going to be eye candy for the port that only gets to sail when I've had a few strong drinks first?

Sign in to follow this