You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
michael_zahnle

Back to School not worth the aggravation

12 comments in this topic

[_BDA_]
Members
562 posts
8,929 battles

I just completed 5 Submarine battles in my Tier VI battleships.  The reward boosts were nice but I am not up for more aggravation.  Five battles, five loses, and except for the submarines there was only 1 other live player TOTAL in all five games.  I'm not sure how much more of this FUN I can stand.

• Funny 3

[-A-8-]
Members
571 posts
22,831 battles

Yea I kinda found it amusing that the rewards for just playing 5 battles are so good and the reward for getting 3 wins is so poor in comparison. I get that they need more BBs to play for testing so why make it for wins?

The ability to earn stuff is always good, just think this one is a bit off the mark.

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
536 posts
25,076 battles

After I made my rant post last night I teamed up with a clan mate.  One of us would drive the BB, the other a support ship.  As I recall, we went 6 for 7 doing it this way.  Otherwise, playing a BB for the rewards makes for a long day.  

For me personally, I'd rather wait in the queue longer and play with fewer bots.  Depending on them to help secure the win is like pouring water uphill, or.....  :cap_hmm:

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,579 posts
17,764 battles
1 hour ago, michael_zahnle said:

I just completed 5 Submarine battles in my Tier VI battleships.  The reward boosts were nice but I am not up for more aggravation.  Five battles, five loses, and except for the submarines there was only 1 other live player TOTAL in all five games.  I'm not sure how much more of this FUN I can stand.

If you have the option try the PEF or the Normandie. They are Amazing in the sub battles.

[_BDA_]
Members
562 posts
8,929 battles
23 minutes ago, paradat said:

If you have the option try the PEF or the Normandie. They are Amazing in the sub battles.

I have New Mexico and Bayern, and they both did pretty well when supported by other players.  When its just you... :Smile_hiding:

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,579 posts
17,764 battles
2 hours ago, michael_zahnle said:

I have New Mexico and Bayern, and they both did pretty well when supported by other players.  When its just you... :Smile_hiding:

Yeah the slow BB's need to be screened. You get one on one and well.... your done lol. The faster BB's can keep more distance and can out cap the subs if forced into a one on one.

Members
512 posts
15,408 battles
5 hours ago, michael_zahnle said:

then need to make it play battles and spring sky, Asian, and the other really special camo

[_BDA_]
Members
562 posts
8,929 battles
59 minutes ago, lordholland4293 said:

then need to make it play battles and spring sky, Asian, and the other really special camo

Whatever, the rewards are just not there to draw in other players.  I broke down and tried another battle just now and there were actually TWO non-sub players with me, a CV and a DD, the latter of which died almost immediately.  

[_BDA_]
Members
562 posts
8,929 battles
3 hours ago, paradat said:

Yeah the slow BB's need to be screened. You get one on one and well.... your done lol. The faster BB's can keep more distance and can out cap the subs if forced into a one on one.

And, of course, bots do not screen.  They rush in towards the closest opponent and either they torp each other or they ram.

[1IF]
Banned
436 posts
1,892 battles

I have 9 T6 ships. I play the 3 Subs, alternating a Sub then a T6 non Sub ship until I play 6 Sub battles.

If a T6 BB randoms, I play that. 

I think the reason players are frustrated is most are playing their 3 Subs in this test mode and WG has to use lots of Bots.

So, the results (Stats/ Spread Sheet) WG gets out of this will be of limited use because this test is not 100% human players.

So there's a reward(s) for testing Subs & non Subs? Fine.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,579 posts
17,764 battles
16 hours ago, michael_zahnle said:

And, of course, bots do not screen.  They rush in towards the closest opponent and either they torp each other or they ram.

Yeah, true we a getting an Idea of what new meta will be but we are not close to being there yet. Will not fully happen until they are in randoms.