You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Atanix

Italian CL missing DC against Sub.

19 comments in this topic

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,461 posts
17,516 battles
1 minute ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Torps or DCs?

:cap_haloween: problem solved!

[WOLFB]
Members
439 posts
8,511 battles

Saddest part is, it does actually have its depth charges, it just, for some ungodly reason, not use them, guess none of the crew got trained on how to use em. 

This also goes for quite a few other T6 cruisers, CAs and CLs.

duca.thumb.PNG.a35f40b710deb4685e1f9784e4c780cb.PNG

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
30,841 posts
25,970 battles
2 minutes ago, CaptainKaitoGhost said:

This is disappointing.  I thought all CLs were supposed to be able to attack subs?

Not all did even when it was on PTS.  Nurnberg lacked that ability on PTS and there were complaints about that.  It followed into the "Live" version.

La Gal and I believe De Grasse also have the same thing.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

WG made it clear, I think, that only "select" CLs will be armed against the "submarines". 

Why they're so fixated on this approach of having the majority ships unarmed against "submarines" is beyond me. 

[USCGC]
[USCGC]
Members
827 posts
7,444 battles

All DD’s at T6 got depth charges for the test. 

Only 4 CL’s got them; Dallas, Leander, Budyonny, and Perth

[CO-OP]
Members
2,306 posts
28,644 battles
1 hour ago, KilljoyCutter said:

WG made it clear, I think, that only "select" CLs will be armed against the "submarines". 

Why they're so fixated on this approach of having the majority ships unarmed against "submarines" is beyond me. 

Same logic that gives some ships radar and other ships sonar and very few ships both while some get neither. If they made these things work as they do in the real world then maybe they would be less problematical to put into the game more widely. Island penetrating radar is ridiculous.

[REVY]
Members
2,813 posts
15,018 battles

I'd like to point out the Molotov model, as seen in the submarine battles, does have DCs sitting on the stern ready to roll off....... yet you do not have the DC option to actually use them.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,570 posts
17,760 battles

Give it time. Many more ships will have access to depth charges particularly ships that are normally equipped with them. This sub mode is still very much a test environment.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
17 minutes ago, Efros said:

Same logic that gives some ships radar and other ships sonar and very few ships both while some get neither. If they made these things work as they do in the real world then maybe they would be less problematical to put into the game more widely. Island penetrating radar is ridiculous.

Not the same thing.  

Not giving most of the ships in the game some sort of capability against submerged subs would be equivalent to not giving most of the ships in the game main armaments, or not giving most ships in the game AA. 

[INTEL]
Members
3,473 posts
19,901 battles
2 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Not the same thing.  

Not giving most of the ships in the game some sort of capability against submerged subs would be equivalent to not giving most of the ships in the game main armaments, or not giving most ships in the game AA

Or, they have AA but not something the planes care about.  So, give some ships Cherry Bombs for depth charges.  They'd have depth charges, but the subs won't care.

• Boring 1

[CO-OP]
Members
2,306 posts
28,644 battles

Yeah Nikolai's AA is hilarious.

ASW in the form of depth charges (DC) was mounted on almost all IJN ships, although Japanese DCs were not that effective early in the war due to fuse settings being too shallow. Apparently some politician in the US spilled the beans about that and the number of US subs lost after this went up. Allied warships with DCs were almost always destroyers or light cruisers equipped with sonar. 

[WOLFB]
Members
439 posts
8,511 battles
1 hour ago, Lord_Slayer said:

I'd like to point out the Molotov model, as seen in the submarine battles, does have DCs sitting on the stern ready to roll off....... yet you do not have the DC option to actually use them.

Here ya go, also add to this Huang He, Devonshire, London, Aoba, Galisoniere and Duca.

molotov.thumb.PNG.b90d2daf01e32600ca4e22424d69fa84.PNG

[HINON]
Members
8,978 posts
13,134 battles

im more curious as to what theyre going to do with the fact Venezia has depth charges clear as day on her stern

shot-20.06.01_18.27.35-0622.jpg

• Cool 1

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
4,309 posts
12,949 battles
8 hours ago, Saidalphon said:

Saddest part is, it does actually have its depth charges, it just, for some ungodly reason, not use them, guess none of the crew got trained on how to use em. 

This also goes for quite a few other T6 cruisers, CAs and CLs.

duca.thumb.PNG.a35f40b710deb4685e1f9784e4c780cb.PNG

Atlanta and Flint has that exact same problem. Let us hope WG addresses this.

[WOLFB]
Members
439 posts
8,511 battles
29 minutes ago, Crokodone said:

Atlanta and Flint has that exact same problem. Let us hope WG addresses this.

I also found ASW weapons on some T5 cruisers as well, for example, Mikoyan. 

My memory is garbage though so i can't remember any of the other at the moment sadly, although I assume Kirov was one of them, seeing as Molotov also has them but unusable. 

Edited by Saidalphon

[-GOD-]
[-GOD-]
Members
1,377 posts
8 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Why they're so fixated on this approach of having the majority ships unarmed against "submarines" is beyond me

CANNOT INSERT SUPPOSITORY(I.E. TORP) IF SUBJECT RESISTS