5 comments in this topic

[HJG]
Beta Testers, Retired WoWS Community Contributors
55 posts
3,960 battles

Howdy folks!  Why is it that we have ships in our ports that we often leave neglected, taking them out rarely?  I have quite a few ships in port that rarely see the light of day, and Tirpitz is one of them.  Why, I don't know, but I'll choose Bismarck over Tirpitz 9.9 times out of ten.  After this battle though, I'll be sailing Tirpitz more often.

Edited by hughjass07
  • Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
2,728 posts
11,243 battles
3 hours ago, hughjass07 said:

Why, I don't know, but I'll choose Bismarck over Tirpitz 9.9 times out of ten. 

Tirpitz’s only advantage over Bismarck is her torpedoes, which she sacrifices AA and hydro for. From my experiences in Gneisenau and Scharnhorst, the 6km torpedoes on German battleships are great weapons of opportunity, but more often than not you will not get to utilize them (and are likely to overextend and get focused down when you try). Not to mention how fragile they are in the high-tier meta. I love my Bismarck, but I have no intentions of purchasing Tirpitz because I don’t think the trade offs, particularly the loss of hydro, is worth it.

Edited by Nevermore135

[PVE]
Members
8,500 posts
24,586 battles
2 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

Tirpitz’s only advantage over Bismarck is her torpedoes, which she sacrifices AA and hydro for. From my experiences in Gneisenau and Scharnhorst, the 6km torpedoes on German battleships are great weapons of opportunity, but more often than not you will not get to utilize them (and are likely to overextend and get focused down when you try). Not to mention how fragile they are in the high-tier meta. I love my Bismarck, but I have no intentions of purchasing Tirpitz because I don’t think the trade offs, particularly the loss of hydro, is worth it.

I haven't played in awhile but I do believe (but I may be mistaken) that Tirpitz doesn't have the standard 6km range KM torpedoes but has 8km torpedoes.

I do know that it got a major 2ndary buff to bring it's 2ndarkes in alignment w/Bksmarck awhile back but not sure if it's AA was buffed to Bismarck's specifications at that time also.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[WOLFC]
Members
2,728 posts
11,243 battles
1 hour ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

I haven't played in awhile but I do believe (but I may be mistaken) that Tirpitz doesn't have the standard 6km range KM torpedoes but has 8km torpedoes.

I do know that it got a major 2ndary buff to bring it's 2ndarkes in alignment w/Bksmarck awhile back but not sure if it's AA was buffed to Bismarck's specifications at that time also.

The AA differences are honestly pretty minor, but Bismarck does have a slight edge.

Tirptiz has the same 6km torpedoes as the tier VII battleships, the only difference is that she has a pair of quadruple tubes instead of triples. Most players are not going to let you close to those ranges, and hydro is such a boon on high tier German BBs that it’s not worth the trade, IMO.

[PVE]
Members
8,500 posts
24,586 battles
58 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

The AA differences are honestly pretty minor, but Bismarck does have a slight edge.

Tirptiz has the same 6km torpedoes as the tier VII battleships, the only difference is that she has a pair of quadruple tubes instead of triples. Most players are not going to let you close to those ranges, and hydro is such a boon on high tier German BBs that it’s not worth the trade, IMO.

Thank on the 6km clarification...guess I was thinking about 1 of the DDs then.